Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by Sarge »

Yep, Crystalis is fantastic. Easily one of my favorite RPGs, and this just reminds me I'm due for a replay one of these days. It's been a long time since I played through it.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Sarge wrote:Aw, man, Asura's Wrath was so wacky that I didn't care it had tons and tons of cutscenes. Totally worth it. I think I paid like $8 for it, and while I was annoyed at having to pick up the DLC, it was totally worth it, too.

Yeah it is a great game. Damn music was so good that it is stuck in my head now :lol: . Nabbed my copy for $5 so I just went and watched the $7 ending on Youtube. If they ever make a complete version I would definitely pick it up, but I rarely buy DLC especially for SP content.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Just a brief look at the game's overall setting and atmosphere reveals that it borrows heavily from Miyazaki's Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. There's an intermingling of science and technology: the hero battles malicious robots and sentient supercomputers with a sword and magic, and the world is infected with Nausicaä's characteristic bloated insects.

I never thought of it that way before, but now that you mention it, the inspiration is obvious.

BoneSnapDeez wrote:My favorites town is Amazones. It's inhabited solely by man-hating women, making Crystalis that one misandrist game that GamerGate dudes have been searching for this whole time.

:lol:

Crystalis is awesome. It is easily one of the best NES games. I purchased it "blind" back in the 1990s, and I loved it immediately.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Hotline Miami- replayed over and over and now I have all achievements! I actually didn't get Get A Life properly, but the game glitched and gave it to me anyways.

Fuck Crackdown, I ain't going for an A+ on that.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Ack

Post by Ack »

SamuraiMegas wrote:Fuck Crackdown, I ain't going for an A+ on that.

What?! But that level is awesome! Is it the first or second floor that gives you the most trouble?
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Ack wrote:

What?! But that level is awesome! Is it the first or second floor that gives you the most trouble?

It's not the level itself, it's how hard it is to keep a combo up long enoguh to get an A+.

My BST Thread
Ack

Post by Ack »

SamuraiMegas wrote:
Ack wrote:

It's not the level itself, it's how hard it is to keep a combo up long enoguh to get an A+.

Are you using the Zack mask?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

1. Jazzpunk (PC)
2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
3. Grandia (PS1)
4. Hotline Miami (PC)
5. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
6. Off-Peak (PC)

Off-Peak - What a strange, yet enchanting little game. In it, you play as a normal citizen living in a strange, dystopia attempting to get a ticket to ride on a train. To do so you must gather pieces of a ripped up ticket, left behind by a vagrant steel guitar player. The game is all about the train station itself, which is a weird amalgamation of art styles. Here, citizens play games, eat food and talk without end about this mysterious circus, which you see advertisements for everywhere. There is also this commentary on the role of music and art as even though they both play heavy roles in the atmosphere in the world, people elude to the fact that musicians and artists really don't exist anymore and that these art and music are artifacts.

The game itself is very short, taking maybe an hour, but the devil is in the details. There is so much to see and take in as the art of the train station is mesmerizing and abstract and the characters within are just as mesmerizing and abstract. The game is free and can be found Here and anyone interested in great music mixed with a strange atmosphere should check it out.

JT, I think you would find it very interesting.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Games Beaten 2015

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - 3DS
A Bird Story - PC
Quake - PC
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - PS4
Quake: Scourge of Armagon - PC
Quake: Dissolution of Eternity - PC
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis - NDS
Painkiller - PC
Gungrave: Overdose - PS2
Adventure -Atari 2600 (PS2)
Auto Racing - Intellivision (PS2) [1979]
Boxing - Atari 2600 (PS2) [1980]
The Count - TI99/4A (emulated) [1981]
Dragonstomper - Atari 2600/Starpath Supercharger (emulated) [1982]
Enduro - Atari 2600 (PS2) [1983]
Diablo III - PS4
Front Line - Atari 2600 (emulated) [1984]
Gertie Goose - The Lost Eggs - C64 (emulated) [1985]
Ocean Commander - Wii
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - PS2
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - PS4
Mortal Kombat: Deception - PS2
The Order: 1886 - PS4
The Uncle Who Works for Nintendo - PC
Grab Them By The Eyes - PC
Growl - PS2/Arcade
Hydlide - NES [1986]
Ikari Warriors - NES [1987]
Jonah Barrington's Squash - C64 (emulated) [1988]
Steel Diver - 3DS
Super Mario 3D World - - Wii U *new*

Total: 31

Previously: 2014 | The First 400 Games

I am really not sure what to make of Super Mario 3D World. On the one hand, it is glorious to finally see this universe in a fully HD, fully 3D title and, as would be expected, everything controls and sounds great. There's really no fault to find with the game: it does exactly what it sets out to do and is highly polished and entertaining.

It is also exasperatingly familiar. While there are a few small new ideas, they are used sparingly. There's nothing here like the coin-focused dynamics of New Super Mario Bros 2 on the 3DS, nothing as innovative or interesting as the Wiimote integration and bite-sized, space-themed worlds of the Super Mario Galaxy games, and nothing as relevant to modern game design as the well-implemented network play in Mario Kart 8. In other words, even though Super Mario 3D World is a very good, very competent game, it is also a very boring outing from a series that has seen a surprising amount of innovation in the last decade.

I do like the kitteh powers and the multi-mario levels, I do like the challenge stages and the (far too easy) boss battles, and I do like the accessibility of everything...even the last few worlds are pretty easy compared to some past outings. It is a relaxing, comfort-food style game. I was just hoping for something more, and would rank this Mario game only above New Super Mario Bros. Wii U in terms of top titles of the past ~10-15 years in the series.

But it looks great.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Used it on all levels I could, it doesn't help.

My BST Thread