Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
shwisha
32-bit

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by shwisha »

Super Castlevania IV

I dabbled with the Castlevania series over the past 25 years but didn't beat any of them until I beat the first one on NES last year. What better way to start of 2015 than beating another one.

Super Castlevania IV was a lot easier than the first, especially at first, but as the game progressed it became more difficult.

I'm thinking of trying Bloodlines next or Castlevania 3 (got 50% through once). I really have no interest in beating/playing Castlevania 2.
Tecmo Pro - My Tecmo Super Bowl Blog.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

shwisha wrote:I'm thinking of trying Bloodlines next or Castlevania 3 (got 50% through once). I really have no interest in beating/playing Castlevania 2.

If you're avoiding Castlevania 2 based on its less than sterling reputation, it really is worth trying out. In a series known for it's stellar music, Simon's Quest featured the first appearance of some songs that are now considered classics within the series. Also although some folks disagree with me on this, I feel like Simon's Quest more than any other game in the series up to that point, set the gameplay pieces in place which would reappear later in the now legendary Symphony of the Night.

Minor Castlevania III spoiler:
(Alucard's appearance in Dracula's Curse notwithstanding).
If on the other hand you're avoiding Simon's Quest based on past personal experience with the title ... uh, never mind and carry on. :) There are certainly better games within the Castlevania series. Despite that though, Simon's Quest does hold an important position within the series, much more so IMO than some of the post-SOTN cookie-cutter titles appearing on the GBA and other systems, which were fine games but ultimately forgettable.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

emwearz wrote:
dsheinem wrote::lol: http://steamleft.com/

dsheinem
It would take you...
3877 continuous hours
161 days,13 hours,2 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library

emwearz
It would take you...
4190 continuous hours
174 days,14 hours,42 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe we can do it as a team effort.

I'm right there with you lets do this shit :lol: .

shwisha
32-bit

Post by shwisha »

nullPointer wrote:If on the other hand you're avoiding Simon's Quest based on past personal experience with the title ... uh, never mind and carry on. :) There are certainly better games within the Castlevania series. Despite that though, Simon's Quest does hold an important position within the series, much more so IMO than some of the post-SOTN cookie-cutter titles appearing on the GBA and other systems, which were fine games but ultimately forgettable.

Yeah this is me. I definitley agree that it's an important game in the franchise despite all it's short comings. I like to beleive the game was actually rushed and incomplete... otherwise it may have been a stronger game.
Tecmo Pro - My Tecmo Super Bowl Blog.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

It would take you...
7701 continuous hours
320 days,21 hours,34 minutes

IN THIS TIME YOU COULD...

Swim across the English Channel 354 times

Never gonna happen.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

J T wrote:
It would take you...
7701 continuous hours
320 days,21 hours,34 minutes

IN THIS TIME YOU COULD...

Swim across the English Channel 354 times

Never gonna happen.

You know you want to do a one year bender. Sleep is for the week! Bed Sores are for the strong!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

1. Spelunky
2. Race the Sun
3. Renegade Ops

New
4. Orcs Must Die 1
5. Gun Point
6. Rogue Shooter - close enough

Orcs Must Die 2 is one of my favorite coop games. It is slick, funny, easy for anyone to play, and is a good way to play a quick coop match and feel like something got done. Orcs Must Die 1 on the other hand is slow. Its still a fine game, just after playing 2 it was a chore to beat 1. But I decided it sat on my havent beaten list for long enough.

Gun Point is a noir styled sneaking game where death is not an issue, neither is falling. It is one of the most enjoyable titles I have played and you can finish it twice in an evening (going down both story paths). The controls are spot on, the comedy is surrealist, and the achievements are brilliant.

I fired up Rogue Shooter just to see what it was about. Without really trying I got to fourth level, actually trying I got to the 10th floor and just gave up. It was very samey. There is only a handful of enemies and while it is an enjoyable Wolf3d throwback it is just bland. Had it had coop and a couple more pallets for rooms, it would be a game that I would brag about, but as it stands it is something I cannot recommend.
Flake

Post by Flake »

1/3: Super Mario Bros 2: Lost Levels (Luigi Run) (3DS VC/NES)
1/4: Super Mario Bros. (Wii / All-Stars)
1/15: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
1/20: Super Mario Kart 8 (WiiU)

I'm as done with this game as I can be until the new content comes out later this year. I was very, very happy with the Vanilla 1.0 release of this game but it seems that the game improves with each update and tweak. Unlike with Mario Kart Wii, I don't feel like there is much rubber banding in the AI - the AI is either good or not good and you are not punished for racing well in the first two laps any more than you would be with other real players.

Edit: Derp'd a number
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I'm going to plop in my list that I'm keeping up over at Talking Time.

January

1) Rollergames
2) Bayou Billy
3) Whomp 'Em
4) Love+ (repeat, B-)
5) Love+ (repeat, B)
6) Zen: Intergalactic Ninja
7) Battletoads & Double Dragon
8 ) Battletoads (repeat, first time with Game Genie, this time using save states, nowhere near legit win... but it was "beaten")
9) Battletoads (repeat, legit, no Game Genie, no continues, no save states!)
10) Rockin' Kats
11) The Little Mermaid
12) Tiny Toons Adventures
13) Tiny Toons Adventures 2
14) Code Name: Viper
15) Bayou Billy (completely legit!)
16) King of Dragons (on Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded)

I've really cottoned to King of Dragons. It's just a fun hack-'n'-slasher when Capcom was putting out a ton of good ones. It and Knights of the Round are great. I picked up Reloaded on PSP the other day, and used it as an excuse to play again.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Flake wrote:1/20: Super Mario Kart 9 (WiiU)

There's a part 9?!