77. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - NES
78. Faria - NES
79. Rebel Galaxy - PC
80. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game - NES
81. Grim Fandango - PC
82. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void - PC
83. Fallout 4 - PC
84. Bloodrayne - PC

I wanted something lighter after having gone heads down on Fallout 4, so I figured I'd give Bloodrayne a try. It was exactly what I was looking for. About six hours in game plus another hour or so of restarts on a couple of sections that liked to neigh-instant kill me.

Bloodrayne has a story of some kind, but the game itself doesn't really give a shit about it. There's this Nazi and he's bad so you need to murderlate him. And every Nazi who comes between you and him. And there's the single worst "I betrayed you, no, actually, that betrayal is totally a lie and I'm really on your side the entire time" segment ever written. But that's ok, the game knows it's not about the story. It's about murdering Nazis.

And man, you are equipped for murdering Nazis. While most games with Nazi antagonists put you on fairly equal footing and it's up to the fact that you are better at dodging/flushing with grenades to win, in this game you are the alpha predator, and the Nazis are your prey. And it's pretty cathartic. You've got a series of blade slashes that can slice off body parts, you can use guns (which is good for large hordes), you have a grappling hook to GET OVER HERE a target for feeding, and then you can jump on someone's back mid combat, regenerate health, and use them as a bullet shield. Oh, and the icing on the cake is the Blood Rage mode, which fills as you deal regular slashes and when it's full you can go into a mode where you deal tons of damage and time slows. You can use the time slow part outside of that mode as well once you unlock it (start of act 2) and it's just as unfair as it sounds. Most of the bosses are extremely trivial as a result of Blood Rage mode. The ones who aren't are the ones who have some sort of mechanic that prevents you from sticking on them and dealing tons of damage.

The final boss is an annoying pain in the ass, though. It consists of two guys who are antagonistic against both you and each other. One is a standard human enemy, the other is a giant monster with one weakpoint. This weakpoint is small and hard to see. Through the fight he grows (eventually growing so large that the game just says "fuck it, you lose"), which extends his reach and makes his weakpoint bigger. But it's not that much bigger and is still incredibly hard to see due to a shitty choice of colors on the textures for the main body vs. the weakpoint. Hopefully you came in with enough explosives, since that makes things much easier.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by foxhound1022 »

darsparx wrote:So another game that fits in with games that make fun of you for lowering the difficulty especially as low as it might go? :lol: Knew there had to be a few more somewhere not on a list or something

Yeah, I think most if not all Psikyo shmups do this.
IIRC, the lowest difficulty setting for the Strikers games is "Monkey"
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Oh man guys, I've been really lazy updating in the last few weeks and I have 5 games I need to add.

Maybe I'll just add them one a day for the next 5 days so I don't create a wall of text...
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

I'm the same way; I beat Batman about a month ago and I still have a few games to post. :?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

So I should be able to knock off Bloodrayne 2 either tonight or tomorrow, which would put me at 85. I'm debating whether or not I should structure the rest of what I play this year to try and hit 100. I'd have to focus on relatively short games so I can beat them an average of one every two days. So all my RPGs are off the table. I'd probably have to focus on platformers and FPS's.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Do it.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I got lazy and lost my list but I've hit probably 90-100 games this year.

Note: 1/3 of these were released on the Atari 2600, Intellivision, or ColecoVision... :lol:
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

GSZX1337 wrote:C'mon! DO IT NOW!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGhP3p6lI3U

I knew what that video would be before I clicked it.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

1) Cannon Spike - Dreamcast
2) I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream - PC
3) Mighty Gunvolt - 3DS (as Mighty No. 9)
4) Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X - PSP (Vile Mode)
5) StarCraft - PC
6) Naughty Bear - Xbox 360
7) The Last of Us - PS3
8] Eets (100-percented) - PC
9) Gunpoint - PC
10) The Last Story - Wii
11) Papers, Please - PC (Ending 18)
12) King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown (AGD VGA remake)
13) Dune 2000 - PC (easy :()
14) Clock Tower: The First Fear - PC (S Ending)
15-19) Sam & Max Season 3: The Devil's Playhouse - PC
20) Dishonored - PC
21) Call of Juarez - PC
22) Gargoyle's Quest - GameBoy
23) Assassin's Creed - PC
24) Fly in the House - PC
25) Serious Sam 2 - PC
26) Batman Arkham City (with Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC) - PC
27) Power Drift (Dreamcast via Yu Suzuki Game Works)

I sat down to test my burned copy of Yu Suzuki Game Works with Power Drift, and before I knew it I was on the final course. Of course when I realized this, I had to finish it off. :D This was another surprise for me since I originally only wanted to play the game to make use of my Saturn 3D Pad, but found out that the Sega Ages version runs at only 30fps and opted for the Dreamcast version instead.

I really love the visuals in this game, mainly because I love the way those old Super Scaler games look. This one in particular has some nice scaling effects and looks smoother than its predecessor Out Run. It also looks better than its contemporary Galaxy Force II, though it isn't as ambitious (there aren't any streams of fire popping out of the ground for instance). Also impressive is the course design, which not only makes for great racing, it also showcases the capabilities the Sega Y Arcade Board with curves, dips, and overpasses in the tracks. High tech stuff for '88. Aside from the scaling, the graphics are very nice to look at with large and detailed sprites. The animation isn't the most fluid, but that's just a nitpick. ;)

This game plays like a mix between Pole Position and OutRun with courses that are short and sweet. Its gameplay is simplicity itself: GO FUCKING FAST! With only two gears to choose from (much like OutRun) the majority of the challenge in Power Drift is in track memorization and fast reactions. I would've been jamming some classic Exodus if the music in the game weren't so good. It's very high energy, uptempo, and suits the racing very well. The leads are very catchy, the percussion demands toe-tapping, and the bass is killer. This is definitely a download-worthy soundtrack.

This is one hell of a game, and this is coming from someone who isn't really into racing games.