Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:35 pm

Exhuminator wrote:But stop the presses I dislike one craptastic Star Wars game and oh my lord call out the inquisition on this infidel's ass.

Don't worry exhuminator. I have never cared much for it either.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:48 pm

For real though. I wish all of us could be together in one room and I could watch everyone take turns playing this game. I would even provide microbrew root beer and blue corn chips. It's a small price to pay for schadenfreude.
"Yeah guys you like when you're trying to chase the Millennium Falcon down a maintenance tunnel in an X-wing with TIE fighters zooming in behind you THAT YOU CAN'T SEE COMING and they ram you from behind flinging you into the wall and your ship EXPLODES and it doesn't even matter that you have two lives left because the amount of time it takes to respawn will put YOU SO FAR BEHIND the Millennium Falcon that the game will automatically fail the mission upon your very resurrection."

I BE ALL LIKE YO MY MAIN MAN LANDO DECELERATE AND EVADE BROTHA WTF DAWG

PLAY KING'S FIELD.
elricorico
24-bit

by elricorico Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:52 pm

1. Fatal Fury (GEN)
2. DuckTales Remastered (WiiU)
3. Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
4. Journey (PS3)
5. The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
6. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

7. Super Mario Kart (SNES)

Super Mario Kart is my all-time favourite game and I got the bug to replay it after it was mentioned to me by a friend this weekend. I played over the last couple of days and beat the 150cc Special Cup today after a couple of fails (damn you Rainbow Road).

Not much to say about this game, 20+ years in there exists no game that I have put in more time on than this one. I've played it to death with friends, competitively time trialed, made my own rom hacks of it and have since played every sequal. I love it.
Ack

by Ack Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:18 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Yeah, I know...like Dark Forces 2 :twisted:

I see someone has been reading the FPS thread.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:36 pm

Ack wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:Yeah, I know...like Dark Forces 2 :twisted:

I see someone has been reading the FPS thread.

One of the reasons Dark Forces 2 is so great is not for the reasons most people have. FMV SEQUENCES!!!!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

by Key-Glyph Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:53 pm

* = replay

1. Pokémon SoulSilver (DS)
2. Sushi Academy (DS)
3. Alcahest (SFC)
4. Comix Zone (GEN)
5. Lost Vikings (GEN)
6. Beautiful Katamari (360)
7. Toejam & Earl (GEN)*
8. Final Fantasy Legend III (GB)

9. Toejam & Earl [2-player] (GEN)*

Replayed with one of my best buds, who's beaten it with me several times before back when we were kids and teenagers. We kicked ass. It was great.
BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:05 pm

1. Jazzpunk (PC)
2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
3. Grandia (PS1)
4. Hotline Miami (PC)
5. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
6. Off-Peak (PC)
7. realMYST: Masterpiece Edition (PC)
8. Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (DS)
9. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - About 5 or 6 years ago, I had a tiny flip phone with a single game on it. Puzzle Quest. The game had no plot and simply had you fighting random enemies. I spent so much time playing the game that any free moment went to it. Now, I finally got a hold of the DS version, Challenge of the Warlords. In it, you pick a class and explore an overworld grid, visiting cities and doing quests with an overarching plot of an evil necromancer God attempting to take over the world.

The game itself is a simple concept. It is a match 3 puzzle game similar to bejeweled, but the twist is that the colors correspond to mana and allow you to cast spells and attack enemies. Also, there are XP gems, coins and skulls which do damage on the field that you can match as well. As you level up, you get more magic and get more powerful.

This game was jam packed with content though and I spent well over 30 hours playing it. You can get party members which offer bonuses in combat and you can even siege cities to set up outposts that accrue gold, allow you to research new spells, level up your mounts and craft new items and spells from glyphs that you find in various dungeons.

At no point did I feel that the game was dull and it is genuinely enthralling experience. Even though the plot itself was of a generic, "Stop the bad guy," formula, the gameplay itself and extra activities really pushed it into a memorable and entertaining experience. I can not stress enough that if you own a DS/3DS and love puzzle games, play this. It is an absolute joy!

Super Mario 3D Land - I got this game as a digital download from Club Nintendo and, having played through Super Mario 3D World on Wii U, was expecting more of the same. With that being said, I can't really see the 3D on a regular 3DS and sadly had it turned off for 99% of the game, turning it on from time to time to see if I noticed anything different or help in perceiving depth in the game and was sadly disappointed when nothing really changed. I know other people have had different experiences with the 3D, but just know that none of the 3D pops out for me on a normal 3DS, only seeing a VERY big change when playing on a New 3DS, so I can't fault Nintendo for it.

As for the game itself, I was highly entertained. I felt like the later levels offered up a lot of delightful challenges and overall mario experience was fulfilling. I definitely prefer this style of Mario game over the New Super Mario Bros. style as I really think that Mario can be fulfilling in a 3D environment.

I still have the challenge levels to tackle, which I will definitely handle now, but the main storyline has been completed and I have to say, I had a lot of fun!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:45 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:8. Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (DS)
9. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

Those are both fantastic games, and I am glad you enjoyed them. (Puzzle Quest is easily one of the DS's best games, and I sunk dozens of hours into it.) The bonus levels are the real "meat" of Super Mario 3D Land experience, however, and you should really dig into those ASAP.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:56 pm

All this controversy is making me want to play some Rogue Leader to see if it's as good as I remember.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:03 pm

J T wrote:play some Rogue Leader

Beat, or beat not. There is no play.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Return to General Gaming