Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
TSTR
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by TSTR »

1. Gone Home (PC)
2. Mario Party 8 (Wii)

First two for the year.

Not really sure how to feel about Gone Home. The story and the characters were engaging enough for the short (~2 hr) playtime, but the gameplay was lacking. Of course, this is another "walking simulator," just with the ability to pick up and examine things. I remember getting bored at one point and trashing the kitchen with items from the pantry. I don't even think I got all the journal entries, but I picked up the story well enough anyhow. Worth a playthrough, at least.

Also did a hot potato run with the lady through MP8's Star Battle Arena to unlock Blooper. Yay squiddys!
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

ExedExes wrote:*NEW* Dead To Rights - Gamecube (January 24)[/b]
... people who have played it know what I mean :wink:)

I do know what you mean.

Call me nuts, but D2R reminds me a bit of Arkham Asylum. The fighting system, the backtracking, the minigames, the insanely crazy cut-scenes, and the use of tools (a dog in this case).

But it does get quite boring at times. The prison levels are especially frustrating and nothing but repeating a pattern of button pressing.

Do love the game however as I'm a sucker for games that include dogs.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Luke wrote:But it does get quite boring at times. The prison levels are especially frustrating and nothing but repeating a pattern of button pressing.

Do love the game however as I'm a sucker for games that include dogs.

I hate the prison levels, because it's so easy to get lost, and you gotta go through that TWICE. The battle with Tattoo in the shower was pretty good though.

The dog saved me a mess of times, good on those armored enemies with the 2 life bars. One thing I noticed was that in the tutorial they showed you being able to use the dog to navigate small puzzle sections in stages, but that never came to be.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

1- Heavenly Sword (Ps3)
2- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
3- Sonic Generations (Ps3)
4- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (3DS)

5- Legend of Zelda: Link between worlds (3DS)

This one has to be the best 3DS game i have played so far. Just a few days ago i was thinking if i did the right choice in buying the 3DS since, so far, most of the games i was really looking for left kinda dissapointed. Then i started playing this one and OMG i didn't enjoy a game this much in a while. The thing that i love i basically the same reason why everyone love this game and that's the freedom you have, right away they put in the world and say "the dungeons are here, here and here go with the triforce son". You still have the same logic begind it "this one item is for this dungeon" but now you rent your items, with the option to buy them later, but you lose said item if you run out of hearts, you can still work your way around this by having a bunch of fairies in bottles. Something i didn't notice while i was playing, i had to watch a video to find out, is that some puzzles have multiple ways to solve them, each time there's was a switch you had to hit i used the ice rod instead of bombs of the boomerang.

One recomendation do not play Hero mode on your first playthrough... make's the enemies really though most of them make 7-10 hearts in one single hit and even after you get the tunic that halves the damage you still loose about 6-8 hearts per hit. That means in hero mode some enemies do 12 hearts of damage and the final boss does 16 hearts of damage in one of his attacks. I still played that mode till the end and i think it made me enjoy it more because even when i dies i was smiling with a stupid face thinking "this mode is great!"... or maybe im just going insane who knows :lol:

Seriously play this game now! This was on my do list for months before i decided to give it a go.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I still need to play that. Got it at launch and it's just been sitting here collecting dust.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I still need to play that. Got it at launch and it's just been sitting here collecting dust.

Even worse: I got half way through and stopped.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

dsheinem wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:I still need to play that. Got it at launch and it's just been sitting here collecting dust.

Even worse: I got half way through and stopped.

I have this somewhat annoying compulsion to play games in order. Or to visit/revisit the "roots" of any given game before I play it.

So, for instance, I'd like to replay A Link to the Past before diving into A Link Between Worlds. It's been many years since I played LttP and the last time I did it was the GBA port which just isn't the same as the SNES original...

Another example: After purchasing Ys: Memories of Celceta I thought I should revisit the other two Ys IV's before playing it. That got be thinking about how much fun it would be to first play through Ys I, II, and III again... And that got me thinking about how many various ports those games have and how cool it would be to play all of them. It never ends. :lol:
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:So, for instance, I'd like to replay A Link to the Past before diving into A Link Between Worlds. It's been many years since I played LttP and the last time I did it was the GBA port which just isn't the same as the SNES original...

You can beat Link to the Past in a few minutes, then move on to Link Between Worlds.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

Post by Ack »

1. Renegade Ops (PC)(Multidirectional Shooter)
2. Borderlands 2 (PC)(FPS/RPG)

Yes, I beat this last year. This is me making a point of marking that I just managed to get the last achievement and 100% the game last night. It took forever, mainly because the last thing I had to do was kill Jimmy Jenkins, and he has a random chance of spawning. I abused one place where he has a slightly higher chance to come across him, though it still took multiple runs before I was finally able to put a bullet in his robot face.

Jimmy, burn in Hell. I've already uninstalled Borderlands 2. I'm done. Maybe it's time to start playing the Pre-Sequel.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I have this somewhat annoying compulsion to play games in order. Or to visit/revisit the "roots" of any given game before I play it.

That's so me. I went through this ordeal with Ogre Battle years ago. 64 can be played outside of canon, though, I guess. I still need to finish Knights of Lodis!
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525