Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Omerta
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

by Omerta Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:01 pm

^ I'm tempted, but I think I'll wait a couple of years for the PS4 hard copy to hit rock bottom and revisit the game all together.

I usually wait for AAA titles to release a physical definitive version with the DLC. (TLoU was an exception because I don't plan to get a PS4 for a long time.) I'm paranoid that my hard drives will die the second that PS3 and 360 consoles lose online support.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:07 pm

Omerta wrote:I did pick up the Uncharted Trilogy on PS3 a while back and have yet to play it. Seems like it's a one long big flashy movie as well. Anybody got a quick and dirty rundown of the similarities between them and TLoU?

Might make it easier to decide when (if ever) I want to play them...

The Uncharted games run more towards a big budget action movie, so they're quite a bit different in tone. The gameplay puts a lot less emphasis on stealth and close quarters combat as well. It's largely a third person cover shooter, punctuated with climbing and the occasional puzzle.
If you're not real sold on the series, maybe just try the second one. The first one is a little clunky in comparison to 2 & 3, and 3 is just not quite up there with 2 I think. While there is a running story, it's nothing you can't easily pick up on.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:42 pm

J T wrote:How does one know when they have beaten The Stanley Parable? I had fun with it and saw a bunch of endings, but as the game load screen says "the end is not the end is not the end is not..."

Just whenever you think you're done. You could look up and make sure you've gotten all the endings if you can't think of anything different do do. You could get all the achievements (kind of). You could play it a ridiculously long time like I did. *shrug*
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:29 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:
J T wrote:How does one know when they have beaten The Stanley Parable? I had fun with it and saw a bunch of endings, but as the game load screen says "the end is not the end is not the end is not..."

Just whenever you think you're done. You could look up and make sure you've gotten all the endings if you can't think of anything different do do. You could get all the achievements (kind of). You could play it a ridiculously long time like I did. *shrug*

Maybe it's kind of a meta-statement that the only way to beat The Stanley Parable is to walk away from the computer and stop pressing buttons.

But then I'm sort of playing The Stanley Parable in real life. So really, there is no way to beat the game because you are always playing it.

Oh my god, I'm freaking myself out.

My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:57 pm

J T wrote:*some stuff*

So JT has probably taken the detour or the stair trip.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:15 am

*NEW* 1. Call of Duty United Offensive Expansion Pack (PC)

My first clear of 2015 was a pickup I got last month. It expands on the original COD with the same 3 Allied country perspectives (American, British, Russian) and of course all the drama, grit, weapons, and frustrations of the original game.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:00 am

:lol: http://steamleft.com/

dsheinem
It would take you...
3877 continuous hours
161 days,13 hours,2 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:47 am

A Wolf Among Us (01/03/15)
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ (All courses S ranked on 01/08/15)
Distance (beta 3315, 01/11/15)
Shantae: Risky's Revenge- Director's Cut (01/16/15)
Sega Bass Fishing (01/17/15)

I don't know why this was fun, but it was. I guess because it was short and silly. I played through all the stages in under an hour and caught a 20.1 lb bass that put me in the number one spot on the leaderboard. Are you supposed to 1CC bass fishing games to consider them beat? Because I continued 3 or 4 times. :lol: I like how different lures require different gameplay maneuvers to make them attract fish. It's a stupid game, but clever in taking a simple subject (fishing) and finding a way to add enough variety and excitement that the game isn't nearly as dull as you would expect. I got this as part of a Dreamcast pack and it was a fun little diversion for a few minutes. The funniest part is, I'm a vegetarian and I have no desire to fish in real life.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
dust_hound
24-bit

by dust_hound Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:01 am

1) Dead Space Extraction (Wii); January 3
2) Resident Evil 4 (Wii); January 11
3) Disaster: Day of Crisis (Wii); January 13
4) Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies (Wii); January 16

So i finished the campaign on SnP:SotS on normal mode. There's obviously limitless replay trying to get better score, clear with no continues etc. I might in future play through the extra mode unlocked after beating the game with both playable characters, to see the easter egg cutscene for people familiar with the original game, but for the moment i'm done as i continue clearing my backlog. The game was brilliant, with awesome set-pieces and great graphics too, although i felt that even on normal the challenge of some of the bosses might be a bit too much for those less used to action games, and there were a couple of majorly irritating design choices, such as the last boss of stage 6 which turns it into a different kind of game, and the final boss which was quite a lot of bullshit. These pushed it over the edge into 'frustrating and unenjoyable' territory, rather than 'frustrating but fun'. Overall, though, it's a great game.

OK, onto Metroid Prime 3: Corruption!
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:44 am

1- Heavenly Sword (PS3)
2- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)

3- Sonic Generations (PS3)

The best sonic game that has been made in years or i like i will call from now on that game with the worst final boss ever. Limiting your controls and making them feel unresponsive is not a way to make the game hard sonic team.

On the game in general the 2D sections are the best of all it has some modern stuff put into them though, are times where sonic will grab onto a helicopter and it will take him to the next section of the stage. The 3D or modern section are hit or miss all of them are enjoyable but the game says this sections are "harder" and they are except not for the right reason. I found myself falling into the abyss because i missed one pad that should throw me into a automatic jumping section or since it's hard to tell the depth of the world when i try to jump to another platform i miss also sonic is hard to control and for some when his about to break the sound barrier is a bit more easy to control but not by much.

In the game you have a 2D subworld where you can access the diferet stages and each stage has 2 acts, act one you play as classic sonic act 2 is for modern, and after you beat both of them you unlock the next stage when you unlock 3 stages you get to play the challenges that can be accesed though platforming on the subworld. Beating 1 act of any challenge will give you one key, get all 3 and you can fight the boss. This challenges are mix for me since some are "beat the level with the help of sonic friend" or "get to the end before you clone" my favorite are the one ring challenge where they re-design the the levels to make them shorter but harder and there's only one ring in the whole level.

The game is fun but i seriously think that sonic formula does not work well on 3D spaces. I saw a couple of levels of the 3DS version and that seems more fun in some ways.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Return to General Gaming