Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
J T
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by J T »

Oh my god! You are so happy in that photo it makes me happy for you. :)

007 373 5963 is forever etched in my brain from childhood. It took me forever to beat that damn game and I know the thrill of that hard earned victory. I remember when I beat Tyson long ago and I wanted to call every kid in the neighborhood. :lol:
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

smoomeister wrote:photo: https://imgur.com/xicrDfj

If there's ever a thing where we can vote our favorite post of the year this one has mine :lol:

I challenge anyone to find someone more happy than him now.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

:lol: Welcome Smoomeister. I think you'll fit in fine here.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Half Life 2: Episode 2 PC

Half Life 2 is an excellent game. Episode 1 is merely okay. Episode 2 though, is absolutely masterful. The base game doesn't make me foam at the mouth for a new installment but man, playing Episode 2 again relit that fervor and I want nothing more than for Valve to complete the series now. The music, the style, the writing and pacing. It's all so well done in this release. And what a cliff hanger to end on! Seriously powerful stuff. Not to mention that right before that they tease the answers you're looking for only to take them away.

It's going on 8 years and I don't think Valve is actually interested in releasing the next installment at this point. It's still a great game and while I wont lose any sleep over it I cross my fingers for the day this adventure concludes.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:It's going on 8 years and I don't think Valve is actually interested in releasing the next installment at this point. It's still a great game and while I wont lose any sleep over it I cross my fingers for the day this adventure concludes.

I've been to Valve. The fact that anything gets released is a miracle.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

MrPopo wrote:I've been to Valve. The fact that anything gets released is a miracle.

Everything I've read about how that company (isn't) structured, it doesn't surprise me to hear that.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote::lol: Welcome Smoomeister. I think you'll fit in fine here.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Half Life 2: Episode 2 PC

Half Life 2 is an excellent game. Episode 1 is merely okay. Episode 2 though, is absolutely masterful. The base game doesn't make me foam at the mouth for a new installment but man, playing Episode 2 again relit that fervor and I want nothing more than for Valve to complete the series now. The music, the style, the writing and pacing. It's all so well done in this release. And what a cliff hanger to end on! Seriously powerful stuff. Not to mention that right before that they tease the answers you're looking for only to take them away.

It's going on 8 years and I don't think Valve is actually interested in releasing the next installment at this point. It's still a great game and while I wont lose any sleep over it I cross my fingers for the day this adventure concludes.

I too forgot how insanely cringe inducing the cliffhanger was. But yeah, then I laughed. 8 years.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
MrPopo wrote:I've been to Valve. The fact that anything gets released is a miracle.

Everything I've read about how that company (isn't) structured, it doesn't surprise me to hear that.

Not that they need to actually produce anything anymore. They can just contract a few guys for the Steam datacenter and sit back and rake in money.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

MrPopo wrote:Not that they need to actually produce anything anymore. They can just contract a few guys for the Steam datacenter and sit back and rake in money.

Valve moved from the business of making games to making money. :P
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
MrPopo wrote:Not that they need to actually produce anything anymore. They can just contract a few guys for the Steam datacenter and sit back and rake in money.

Valve moved from the business of making games to making money. :P

Well, arguably (or not so arguably) they've brought us so much more gaming opportunities and hours of fun through their new business model than they ever would have through HL3 alone.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
smoomeister

Post by smoomeister »

Thanks very much, guys!

I share those sentiments about Valve. I am more than ready for more Half-Life excellence.