Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
dogman91
128-bit

Re: World record collection for sale

by dogman91 Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:44 pm

I have more than the world-record-shattering 11,000 games myself, for free, all compact and out of the way on my computer. :wink:
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:46 pm

dogman91 wrote:I have more than the world-record-shattering 11,000 games myself, for free, all compact and out of the way on my computer. :wink:

*runs off to Amazon*
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

by s1mplehumar Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:52 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:I'll bite.

I'm in for 6K to a max of 72K.

We'd need 11 more. I'll handle the finances; someone closer might need to coordinate pickup, storage and individual shipping.

Eronn - you in?

In. So much for my retirement. And I'll need to sketch out some rough blueprints for the basement addition.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:47 am

Maybe he's just selling his whole collection because he only now learned about emulators.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

by Snatch1414 Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:57 am

I don't really get the negativity. Based off of first impressions he doesn't seem like someone I'd have a beer with, but nothing near what some of these comments are implying. Other than the one bit in the description that said something like "I sold some games to a museum....and I didn't even give them my best copies!!!", which seemed out of place and a little holier than thou, he seems pretty normal to me.

You can do whatever you want with your own stuff, and just because he said something to the effect of "my family has some needs" doesn't mean he's trying fool people into thinking someone has terminal cancer. Maybe he wants to send a nephew to college or something. Maybe he wants a nicer house but can't pull it off financially without this sale. Who knows? There doesn't have to be a devious or sniveling reason behind it.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
wclem
Next-Gen

by wclem Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:38 am

This may have been said but I noticed on his list the he is missing a lot of key games. I think many of us on here have more of the key games in our personal collections. I mean even Final Fantasy was missing on the Snes. Also, I looked at the pics and he does not have a whole lot of complete NES, SNES, and N64. Those are where the big value is right now and he is missing it.

It is cool he has such a large collection but I feel it lacks real quality.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:43 am

wclem wrote:This may have been said but I noticed on his list the he is missing a lot of key games. I think many of us on here have more of the key games in our personal collections. I mean even Final Fantasy was missing on the Snes. Also, I looked at the pics and he does not have a whole lot of complete NES, SNES, and N64. Those are where the big value is right now and he is missing it.

but he has the ENTIRE GBA e-Reader collection :lol:

I kid, I kid. In those fullsets, these are the libraries that seem nicest:

Sega CD
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Turbo-Grafx-16 CD
Turbo-Grafx-16 Super CD

There's some high end stuff in each of those - especially if they are sealed. In fact, I'd guess that those five sets alone would be $15-$25K depending on what's sealed and what not.
wclem
Next-Gen

by wclem Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:59 am

dsheinem wrote:
wclem wrote:This may have been said but I noticed on his list the he is missing a lot of key games. I think many of us on here have more of the key games in our personal collections. I mean even Final Fantasy was missing on the Snes. Also, I looked at the pics and he does not have a whole lot of complete NES, SNES, and N64. Those are where the big value is right now and he is missing it.

but he has the ENTIRE GBA e-Reader collection :lol:

I kid, I kid. In those fullsets, these are the libraries that seem nicest:

Sega CD
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Turbo-Grafx-16 CD
Turbo-Grafx-16 Super CD

There's some high end stuff in each of those - especially if they are sealed. In fact, I'd guess that those five sets alone would be $15-$25K depending on what's sealed and what not.

Yeah, there is some nice stuff there for sure. Why would you invest so much time and money and not end up with nearly all key games? It says he was in it for 32 years, he should have been able to get many high dollar games on the cheap. I dunno, his collection really does not live up to "11,000 game" hype LOL.

When I first re-started my collection I had a high percentage of crap (sports etc). Over time I have massed somewhere over 6000 games. Most of them are NOT sports type filler. I would say 3-5% at the highest. I could go out and grab the 1000's of them I do not have and buy all of the junk and/or garbage action /adventure games and be right where he is at. I would bet I could get most of those for well under 10,000 dollars. Actually I have CD spindles full of disc sports games I do not even count as part of my collection already LOL. My point is though, with (way) more key games in my collection and just missing the useless girth is my collection really valued so high?

I have all the same systems, and some I did not see in his pics. I also have all kinds of collectors editions and swag. I guess my beef is that many of us here have nicer collections. Most of us do not feel the need to have people come ooh and aah over it. We share with each other but do not go on bragging like we are the greatest thing since the invention of the CD-ROM LOL. Maybe I should call CNN or ABC and get on TV!! :lol: :lol:
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
cha cha
128-bit

by cha cha Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:59 am

He does have a bunch of Greatest Hits etc. versions of games for every system too, that's a big no no for me. Not even one in my entire collection. OG or GTFO.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: TTT2: Christie/PJack, Bob/Jinpachi, Raven/Zafina » SC5: Leixia, Tira, Aeon, Maxi » SF4: Elena, Rose, Cammy » GGAC+R: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF13: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS5: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:43 pm

I don't dislike the guy for selling. Life happens & interest change.

It does bug me he's making a financial decision that isn't sound. Even breaking this up into 10 bundles could easily help him profit 25% more with price gouging the community.

I see this as walking into a pawn shop & selling something for half the value (likely worth double to the right buyer) for the compulsive "money in pocket right now" value... versus selling in a smart, thought out manner.

What's the reserve price!? @ $98.5K & hasn't been met yet.
My Mod Threads
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Return to General Gaming