Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
JoeAwesome
128-bit

Re: Games Acquired 2014

by JoeAwesome Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:34 am

Got my copy of Retro City Rampage for PS4 in yesterday. :mrgreen:

Now to get a PS4. Or not, as it came with a Steam code. 8)
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:13 pm

Good morning for RPGs at a local pawn shop. I picked up:

Eternal Sonata (PS3; CIB);
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3; CIB)
Resonance of Fate (PS3; CIB)

for $18. I have been looking for deals on the latter two games for some time, and since the price was so good, I finally broke down and bought the "Precious Moments" RPG you all love so much...
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Eternal Sonata is really fun. And nice and linear enough to not require a guide of any kind.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:30 am

Mrs Jagosaurus picked these up for my birthday. Yup, she's a keeper!

Snatch1414
Next-Gen

by Snatch1414 Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:59 am

JoeAwesome wrote:Got my copy of Retro City Rampage for PS4 in yesterday. :mrgreen:

Now to get a PS4. Or not, as it came with a Steam code. 8)

I got to the end boss and never finished it. It was definitely beatable, but an old school challenge I just wasn't in the mood for at the time (yeah I know, I was playing something called Retro City Rampage and wasn't in the mood for old school). I thought the game was pretty decent but could've been better. The nostalgic references it makes are usually total non sequiturs. All in all a fun ride though, and I would definitely pick it up these days since I'm sure it's cheaper.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
beatnix
64-bit

by beatnix Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Minus a few of these games, I aquired pretty much all of this over the past few months. Almost all of it through trades on Racketboy and Nintendo Age. Only a couple games were deals I picked up locally. Most games have cases and manuals on the shelf, but this is just a beautiful travel case full of awesome. I've really loved discovering all the awesome DS catalouge i missed and starting to build for the 3DS!
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

by Snatch1414 Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:01 pm

beatnix wrote:Minus a few of these games, I aquired pretty much all of this over the past few months. Almost all of it through trades on Racketboy and Nintendo Age. Only a couple games were deals I picked up locally. Most games have cases and manuals on the shelf, but this is just a beautiful travel case full of awesome. I've really loved discovering all the awesome DS catalouge i missed and starting to build for the 3DS!

Awesome collection. I've been telling everyone that will listen that I love my 3DXSL and the 3DS/DS library is like hundreds of hidden gems I'm just now discovering.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for picks ups, I've accrued 20-30 NES games lately and a few Genesis CIBs, but the highlight lately was a few freebies from a friend of mine. We always buy for each other when we're out looking and find a thing or two, no money exchanged, and he was coming out well ahead of me. He gave me some doubles of his including

Phantasy Star III CB
Shining in the Darkness CB

I'll always take free stuff!
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:14 pm

There's an independent game store about 45 minutes from my house that I rarely visit. Mainly because everything tends to be overpriced.

Stopped in there today and was surprised to see a ColecoVision with 10 games for sale. Price wasn't bad so I scooped it up. With this + my incoming Channel F I'll be in 2nd gen heaven.

A couple of thoughts:
- Wow the graphics on this console are really good. Vastly better than Atari 2600 and even noticeably better than the Intellivsion. Donkey Kong looks just like the NES version. I am impressed.
- Cabbage Patch Kids Adventure in the Park is legitimately fun and probably the most interesting game I got. Developed by Konami!
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:37 am

Yeah, DK was the Colecovision killer app. It was miles better than any other home version at the time.
TechXRenAgadeX
16-bit

by TechXRenAgadeX Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:52 am

So just started using ebay a couple weeks ago and I found some great deals to keep growing my Horror Video Game Collection.
*Manhunt for PS2(Always wanted this game when it first came out but you all know the controversy surrounding that game at its release teaching kids about murder an all)
*Siren (Never heard of it but seemed cool and at 6 bucks for each(basically 6 including shipping) I couldn't pass them up. Now just waiting for *Silent Hill 2. Asked the fiancee for the original Silent Hill for PS1 for christmas since i never played any of the Silent Hill games.
Havn't been able to find a good deal for one yet but hopefully she can by christmas :)
Check out my channel All about Horror Video Games, Movies, and all things Dark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHX9e1USd3Q
Return to General Gaming