Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Frag Mortuus
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2014

by Frag Mortuus Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:24 am

Gamerforlife wrote:Wii U

The Wonderful 101
New Super Luigi U

Don't know if PSN+ games count, I got Don't Starve Console Edition for free.

I LOVE PS+. Best value you can get for $50 in gaming. The games you get, I don't generally count as part of my collection because I don't get to keep them indefinitely. Really the only digital games I count are the ones I buy on Steam. But, I don't really catalog them when compiling my lists.

But really, it's up to the person. If you want to count them that's fine by me. :lol:

Also, I really wan't The Wonderful 101.
noiseredux wrote:Frag Mortuus rules.

Sell/Trade/Want List
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:27 am

January:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 (Gamecube)
*NEW* F-Zero GP Legend (GBA)

I got this at an actual game store today. It's rare I find anything good offline, but this new store (will be posted in the Retro Game Store thread) has much potential. Plus, a decent price.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

by BurningDoom Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:29 am

Got these two guys:

ImageImage

This very comfortable looking controller for the N64 that I'm helping will help me overcome the barrier that is the N64 controller for me:

A much needed Wii Classic Pro Controller:

And a subscription to the brand-new (U.S.) Retro Gaming Magazine:

I think I just missed out on the first issue, however.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:18 am

BurningDoom wrote:This very comfortable looking controller for the N64 that I'm helping will help me overcome the barrier that is the N64 controller for me:

Never have been a fan of that thing. It just has this cheap "3rd party" feel to it. 'Course I've also never had a single issue with the official controller outside of the stick wearing down.

The Hori N64 controller is another alternative that might be good, though you'll have to be really patient if you're hoping to get one for a reasonable price.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:26 pm

AppleQueso wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:This very comfortable looking controller for the N64 that I'm helping will help me overcome the barrier that is the N64 controller for me:

Never have been a fan of that thing. It just has this cheap "3rd party" feel to it. 'Course I've also never had a single issue with the official controller outside of the stick wearing down.

Back in the day, at first I hated being stuck with the 'cheap' controller when we'd play 4 person games at a friend's place. It grew on me though and I liked it better than the real controllers. The analog is a normal potentiometer with a metal stalk, so it's more durable.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:36 pm

I have one of those, and used it a lot back when the N64 was current as well. I liked it better than the standard controller for a lot of games, and it held up fine.
christopher85
24-bit

by christopher85 Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:48 am

For me:
PS3 Plus card for 3 months ( First time member and loving it!)

Last of Us - PS3

Digital Downloads:
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Borderlands
DMC
Dyad
Ibb & Obb
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
Bit.Trip Presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Lone Survivor: Directors Cut
Rain
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

by BurningDoom Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:22 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:

Back in the day, at first I hated being stuck with the 'cheap' controller when we'd play 4 person games at a friend's place. It grew on me though and I liked it better than the real controllers. The analog is a normal potentiometer with a metal stalk, so it's more durable.

Just wanted to say that it already showed up today, a couple days later. And it immediately just felt right in my hands. I'm VERY happy with this purchase. The N64 controller has always felt very awkward and clumsy feeling to me, and I've REALLY tried to get used to it, too. So this should make things much more enjoyable for me.

And luckily the thumbstick was undamaged (that's always a concern for me when buying any N64 controllers).
Last edited by BurningDoom on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:58 pm

Nabbed GTA V last week and have been playing it every chance I get. Was a little afraid of the character swapping before I bought it thinking that I could possibly miss out on a lot of side stories, but so far it's been great. Actually having a hard time deciding who is my favorite character each has a great back story and are unique in there own ways. The heists are also by far some of the coolest GTA missions I have ever played and the prep work building up to them is also entertaining. On top of the SP there is also GTA online which looks like a whole new campaign games definitely going to suck up alot of my time in the near future :).

Also picked up a new copy of Project Sylpheed for the 360. It was an exclusive which I have been meaning to play for a while and I couldn't pass it up at $9.50 shipped new from Amazon :).

Decided to hold onto Resident Evil 2 & 3 for the game cube :P. Was thinking about selling them but thought it would be nice to have Resident Evil 0-4 on the game cube.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:56 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:In any event, one of my dogs is named Maroo, and today I grabbed this game:

I've been very close to buying this a few times (it's my daughter's name):

I do have Atelier Iris 2 so that's kinda close I guess. :lol:

At PAX East last year I almost purchased this, as it shares a name with my wife... But they were asking too much for it:
Return to General Gaming