Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2014

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:35 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Retro game compilations are my new obsession. The other day I snagged Atari Anthology, Midway Arcade Treasures, and Dreamcast Collection.

Uh-oh...There are a ton of them out there. I have a "collection of collections", and some retro compilations can be amazingly difficult to track down.

I'm trying to track down most (not all, due to game overlap) Activision, Atari, Capcom, Data East, Intellivision, Konami, Midway, Namco, Sega, SNK, Taito, and Tecmo compilations that were released for 6th and 7th gen consoles/handhelds. Think that covers all the major companies.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:01 pm

Don't foget the Nintendo Game & Watch Collections on the Nintendo DS! :lol:

In any event, there are a ton of these sort of games out there. Despite collecting these for years, I am still tracking down: Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions (3DS), Atari Anniversary Edition (DC), Konami Classic Arcade (DS), Arcade Classics: Battlezone/Breakout (GBC), Activision Anthology (GBA), Atari Anniversary Advance (GBA), Dr. Mario / Puzzle League (GBA), Paperboy/Rampage (GBA), Sega Arcade Gallery (GBA), Mega Man X Collection (GC), Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (GC), Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (GC), Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Midway Collection 2 (PS1), Buster Bros. Collection (PS1), Lethal Enforcers 1 & 2 (PS1), Namco Museum Vol. 2 (PS1), Namco Museum Vol. 4 (PS1), Namco Museum Vol. 5 (PS1), Street Fighter Collection (PS1), Street Fighter Collection 2 (PS1), Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits (PS1; LONGBOX); Metal Slug 4 & 5 (PS2), Metal Slug Anthology (PS2), Midway Arcade Origins (PS3), Street Fighter Collection (SAT), Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits (SAT), Arcade's Greatest Hits Atari Collection 1 (SNES), Namco Museum Megamix (WII), Metal Slug 4 & 5, Silent Scope Complete (XBOX), and Taito Legends 2 (XBOX).

Taito Legends 2 (XBOX) is the only import on my list, but I know that a ton of great collections/compilations were released exclusively in Japan.
silverback
24-bit

by silverback Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:18 pm

Got an ebay bargain. Cod mw2, mw3, black ops and moh war fighter for 12.50 delivered. Already sold mw2 for a fiver.

Got some Android games as well since I finally updated to an s4 but nothing worth mentioning really.
Own: Spectrum 48k x2, Amiga 500, NES, SNES, Gameboy Color x 3, Gameboy Advance, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Master System II x 2, GameGear x 4, Megadrive x 2, Saturn, Dreamcast x 3, Playstation x 3, PSP 2003, PS2 Slimline, PS3 Slimline 160GB, Xbox, Xbox 360 Elite
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:51 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Don't foget the Nintendo Game & Watch Collections on the Nintendo DS! :lol:

In any event, there are a ton of these sort of games out there. Despite collecting these for years, I am still tracking down: Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions (3DS), Atari Anniversary Edition (DC), Konami Classic Arcade (DS), Arcade Classics: Battlezone/Breakout (GBC), Activision Anthology (GBA), Atari Anniversary Advance (GBA), Dr. Mario / Puzzle League (GBA), Paperboy/Rampage (GBA), Sega Arcade Gallery (GBA), Mega Man X Collection (GC), Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (GC), Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (GC), Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Midway Collection 2 (PS1), Buster Bros. Collection (PS1), Lethal Enforcers 1 & 2 (PS1), Namco Museum Vol. 2 (PS1), Namco Museum Vol. 4 (PS1), Namco Museum Vol. 5 (PS1), Street Fighter Collection (PS1), Street Fighter Collection 2 (PS1), Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits (PS1; LONGBOX); Metal Slug 4 & 5 (PS2), Metal Slug Anthology (PS2), Midway Arcade Origins (PS3), Street Fighter Collection (SAT), Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits (SAT), Arcade's Greatest Hits Atari Collection 1 (SNES), Namco Museum Megamix (WII), Metal Slug 4 & 5, Silent Scope Complete (XBOX), and Taito Legends 2 (XBOX).

Taito Legends 2 (XBOX) is the only import on my list, but I know that a ton of great collections/compilations were released exclusively in Japan.

I'm pretty sure the Game & Watch Collections were for Club Nintendo members and never in retail stores. So finding used copies will be tough and probably out of my price range.

Nice list there! As far as anthologies dedicated to a single series go, I am mainly going for those dedicated to Sonic, Metal Slug, Mega Man, and Phantasy Star.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:57 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I'm pretty sure the Game & Watch Collections were for Club Nintendo members and never in retail stores. So finding used copies will be tough and probably out of my price range.

They were, but - amazingly - neither of them are very expensive on the secondary market.

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Nice list there! As far as anthologies dedicated to a single series go, I am mainly going for those dedicated to Sonic, Metal Slug, Mega Man, and Phantasy Star.

:lol: You reminded me that I still need to pick up the Sonic Classics Collection for the Nintendo DS. It has been added to my want list!

Also, the portable collections are my very favorite. A lot of older games on these compilations are just perfect for short gaming sessions. (Also, be sure to pick up the Phantasy Star Collection for the GBA. It doesn't have PSIV, but it is a great way to play through the first three games in the series...despite the fact that it lacks a quicksave feature.)
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:33 pm

I am not tracking my purchases again this year (since it was a lot of work and since I think that doing so actually caused me to spend more), but I will use this thread to post whenever I acquire something I think is cool (regardless of whether it is deal).

In any event, one of my dogs is named Maroo, and today I grabbed this game:

I have been seeking it for years, and I am very, very happy to add it to my collection. My local store had both Starcraft 64 and a complete copy of <gasp!> Team Buddies, but they were more than I wanted to spend. Accordingly, I picked up:

BattleTanx (N64);
BattleTanx: Global Assault (N64);
Twisted Metal 4 (PS1); and
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2).

I now have only 17 games on my N64 "want list" - including, unfortunately, the aforementioned StarCraft 64 - and I am hopeful that I will be able to finish off that collection before the end of the year.
Frag Mortuus
Next-Gen

by Frag Mortuus Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:42 pm

My list so far:

3DS / DS
Star Fox 64 3D - $18 New
Contra 4 - $5 CIB Like New
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - $15 New
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen - $29.98 Case and Manual only in great shape

Wii
No More Heroes - $6.99 CIB Good Condition

Games being held until I get paid again:
Final Fantasy III DS (with Brady Guide) CIB $10

This will be a year I concentrate on hand-helds a lot. They are so much easier for me to work into my schedule. I can pick them up and play for however long I have time for, then close the lid or click the power button and it's basically paused for as long as I need it to be. That doesn't mean I don't love console / PC gaming, it's just that I don't get as much dedicated gaming time to sit and play them.

I'm actually torn on whether I want to get FFX/X2 HD on PS3, which would look nicer, or Vita which is more practical for me.

I have a whole slew of games I want though.
noiseredux wrote:Frag Mortuus rules.

Sell/Trade/Want List
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

by BurningDoom Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:12 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Retro game compilations are my new obsession. The other day I snagged Atari Anthology, Midway Arcade Treasures, and Dreamcast Collection.

Uh-oh...There are a ton of them out there. I have a "collection of collections", and some retro compilations can be amazingly difficult to track down.

I'm trying to track down most (not all, due to game overlap) Activision, Atari, Capcom, Data East, Intellivision, Konami, Midway, Namco, Sega, SNK, Taito, and Tecmo compilations that were released for 6th and 7th gen consoles/handhelds. Think that covers all the major companies.

I so freaking love these things. So much bang for your buck. They aren't all fantastic, though. Some of them are badly emulated, or just have a poor selection of games.

I collect them too, simply because they're fun. What I have:
-Activision Anthology
-Atari Anthology
-Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1 & 2
-Capcom Classics Remix
-Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection
-Mega Man Anniversary Collection
-Mega Man X Collection
-Metal Slug Anthology
-Midway Arcade Treasures 1, 2, & 3
-Namco Museum (Xbox)
-Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottileb Collection
-Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
-Sega Classics Collection (some of the Saturn remakes collected)
-Sega Genesis Collection
-Sonic Gems Collection
-Sonic Mega Collection Plus
-Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
-SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1
-Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
-Super Mario All-Stars
-Taito Legends 1 & 2
-Tecmo Classic Arcade

What I'm still looking for:
-Data East Arcade Classics
-Gradius III & IV (Yeah, I know of the Gradius collection, but I don't have a PSP)
-Intellivision Lives
-Mega Man Zero Collection
-Samurai Shodown Anthology
-Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Frag Mortuus
Next-Gen

by Frag Mortuus Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:33 pm

I'm just going to copy my previous post and add to it each time!

My list so far:

3DS / DS
Star Fox 64 3D - $18 New
Contra 4 - $5 CIB Like New
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - $15 New
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen - $29.98 Case and Manual only in great shape

Wii
No More Heroes - $6.99 CIB Good Condition

PS3
Infamous - $6.29 CIB Great Condition
Bioshock 2 - $6.29 CIB Great Condition

I really want another 360. Gamestop is selling a lot of great games for $5 and under. They had Fable II and III for $5 each, also Gears of Wars 1 and 2 for $2.99 each. Plus a bunch of others.
noiseredux wrote:Frag Mortuus rules.

Sell/Trade/Want List
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:39 pm

Wii U

The Wonderful 101
New Super Luigi U

Don't know if PSN+ games count, I got Don't Starve Console Edition for free.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Return to General Gaming