Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2014

by Jagosaurus Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Okay, I tracked money in, money out (including shipping fees, ebay seller fees as well). I am going to end up with the 17 games below and 1 manual for an uncommon game.... for only $33 out of pocket! Heck ya!

I really wanted to amp up my PS2 library while they're still cheap. Still on the look out for a lot of PS2 titles but this lot really helps my want list. I've owned and beaten several on this list in the past lol, regretted selling them off. Keeping them this round!

All CIB Games, All Black Label
Bloodrayne 1
Bloodrayne 2
Constantine
Dark Watch
Devil May Cry 1
Devil May Cry 2
Dragon Quest
God of War II
La Pucelle Tactics
Metal Gear Solid 2
Price of Persia Sands of Time
Primal
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Code Veronica X (with DMC Demo)
Shinobi
Turok Evolution
Van Helsing

Manual Only to Complete a Case and Game
Nightmare Before Christmas Oogie's Revenge
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

by Cronozilla Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Got some used games, some new games, and some pre-orders.

3DS:
Steel Diver
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

360:
Crackdown 2
Gears of War 3
Forza 3

WII:
Heavenly Guardian
Dragon Quest Swords

PS3:
Final Fantasy XIII
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

WIIU:
Super Mario 3D World (Walmart took this long to send it, it was ordered on December 2nd)

PC:
Far Cry 3
Assassin's Creed III
James Bond: Blood Stone
The Elder Scrolls Anthology

Got some pre-orders for South Park CE PC, Watch Dogs PC, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, Bravely Default CE and Smash Bros. So, those will be coming in through the year.
soul_hacker
64-bit

by soul_hacker Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:30 am

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS)
BrokenGeode
16-bit

by BrokenGeode Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:55 pm

First game of the year. Kind of fits the overall frantic and stressful year of my final GCSEs.
Insert Cool Signature Here
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Picked up CIB copies of Yakuza and Yakuza 2.

Yakuza was listed as good but the Amazon seller had multiple copies and couldn't guarantee a manual would be included, but at $10 shipped i took the risk. Was happy to find it was in like new condition CIB when it arrived :).

Yakuza 2 was a ebay pick up. Guy was selling multiple copies as well for $22 shipped and he only had 1 left. It was complete but very scratched up. However after a resurfacing it looks great. :)

Now all I need is Dead Souls and Yakuza 4 to complete the collection. Going to wait till i run through the other games before picking them up though.
MrEco
Next-Gen

by MrEco Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:05 pm

I ordered two more in the mail today, should be here by Thursday.

Finally gonna try my hand with the Monster Hunter series for the first time. Chose to do it the most financially safe way possible, lol. Also I already own Darksiders 2 since it looks like a much more fun game than the first. But when I found out that the story is actually very much connected I figured now I have to go play the first game first.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:47 pm

Those Darksiders games look cool. May pick them both up eventually - I'd like to get part II on the Wii U. Of course, I'd need a Wii U first.

Retro game compilations are my new obsession. The other day I snagged Atari Anthology, Midway Arcade Treasures, and Dreamcast Collection.

I also received Rocksmith 2014 Edition in the mail today. Unfortunately, it seems as if I'll need some extra equipment to get it all up and running properly, as there is audio lag if you simply use an HDMI cable. Balls.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:07 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Retro game compilations are my new obsession. The other day I snagged Atari Anthology, Midway Arcade Treasures, and Dreamcast Collection.

Uh-oh...There are a ton of them out there. I have a "collection of collections", and some retro compilations can be amazingly difficult to track down.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:25 am

I've contemplated trying to hunt down all of those HD compilations on PS3, would that could as "retro compilations?"
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:33 am

AppleQueso wrote:I've contemplated trying to hunt down all of those HD compilations on PS3, would that could as "retro compilations?"

Not yet...but, that said, I am doing the same thing. :lol: (I am even trying to get all of the seventh generation collections such as the Infamous Collection, Killzone Trilogy, etc.)

EDIT: I am skipping the God of War Saga, however, because the PSP games included in that set are digital only and because it is significantly less expensive to buy God of War III, God of War Collection, and God of War Origins Collection separately. (I will be buying Metal Gear Solid 4 and the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection rather than Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection for the same reasons.)
Return to General Gaming