Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Wispmage
32-bit

Re: Games Beaten 2014

by Wispmage Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:18 pm

Sload Soap wrote:Minor complaints aside I very much enjoyed FFIX and was won over by its charming world, exemplary backgrounds and music, and the pull of adventure.
Glad to hear you finished it. It holds the coveted rank of 'Best Game Ever' for me, so it always does my heart good to hear about other people playing and enjoying it.
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:07 pm

1-Metroid Confrontation
2-Red Dead Redemption
3-Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
4- Bayonetta (PS3)
5- Doom 1 (Ps3) (BFG Edition)
6- The Last of Us (Ps3)

7- Condemned 2: Bloodshot (PS3)

First you may want to play this game on the 360. The PS3 version has some issues i found anoying but not gamebreaking in any way, just some audio issues on certain parts of the game.

Anyway the game itself was pretty cool the only thing i hate it is that you mostly do melee fights... in closed corridors and gets really annoying when get hit several time and can't react but your enemies can react when you atack them (dead island all over again) but still when you get some special attacks (double tap the punch button and you enter a QTE where you can do a lot of damage) or get some nice melee weapons (axe are favorites) the combat gets mre enjoyable. You can also use firearms witch some of them are fun to use (machine gun) and some of them are a bit lame (silenced gun)... the shotgun is bit of a let down though.

The game is really really dark i wanted to leave it dark to "create atmosphere" but in the last i was so sick of darkness that i couldn't even see the floor so i turned up the bright. I leave it around 50 is still dark but no so much that leaves you blind.

There's was some detective sections where you check the crite scene and get a grade according on how well you checked the evidence... this was one of my favorite things but i think it was underused... this is just to get a grade on the end of the level and acording to the level you get a new upgrade or abilities... but i think you can't use this habilities on early levels (like you unlock a holster on level 5, it allows you to keep a fireweapon with you, but you can't use it on the levels before the level 5, like in lollypop chainsaw... weird comparison there). As i already mentioned there are levels in the game... and they are very linear there are some hidden stuff in "alternative roads" but its mostly linear... you could get 100% this game on the first playthrough.

The thing that i really really didn't like was the ending, i won't spoil it, im just going to say it is a cliffhanger... and leaves so many things unclear and i was expecting at least one more level and a decent boss fight.

Overall cool game... it has its ups and downs, but overall not bad time to check the first one on PC when i can. And about my ps3 copy i might trade it in the local store... not sure if it good enough to keep it in my collection.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:56 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Whole, "I killed the bad guy. Oh wait, he wasn't the REAL bad guy it was something bigger and more bad!"

Emperor Gestlah, Shinra, Edea.....

....yeah I can see why you might not like Final Fantasy if you hate that JRPG cliche :lol:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

by Sload Soap Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:47 pm

I think he means more specifically bosses like Zeromus, Cloud of Darkness and Necron, who you literally hear nothing of until the final boss is defeated and then they rise up and say something along the lines of "LOLZ, IMMA EAT TIME".

If I had another criticism of FFIX it'd be way too many red herring enemies. First it's Brahne, then Kuja, then you think Garland is worse, then it's Kuja again but you also have to fight Garland, who also wants to kill Kuja.

I think their effort to make Kuja and Garland not total dicks lead to having have Necron as the final boss, that is, a total definable evil that needs destroying. Sort of like FFIV really. We all admired Golbez's moxie and his sweet armor so they had to make a Phantasy Star enemy into the final boss.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:14 am

A couple of days ago I beat Super Mario Sunshine. Well, it's not really so much a beating as it is a finishing off since I only had the final stage and Bowser to beat. I played through most of the game sometime last year until I got to the final stage and stopped because I had difficulty steering the damn canoe with the waterpack.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:19 am

GSZX1337 wrote:A couple of days ago I beat Super Mario Sunshine. Well, it's not really so much a beating as it is a finishing off since I only had the final stage and Bowser to beat. I played through most of the game sometime last year until I got to the final stage and stopped because I had difficulty steering the damn canoe with the waterpack.

Ok....quick question, how the hell did you beat that stupid shine in Sirena beach where you had 3 minutes to clean everything up. I have now spend a total of roughly 4 hours doing that stage over and over and over and over and over again.

I don't see any more goo, I go thoroughly over everything and am meticulous and have enough time to check my work and still I fail. All I need to do is that and defeat the shadow mario in that level to go to the end and I CANNOT DO IT! It is maddening!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:22 am

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Ok....quick question, how the hell did you beat that stupid shine in Sirena beach where you had 3 minutes to clean everything up. I have now spend a total of roughly 4 hours doing that stage over and over and over and over and over again.

I remember reading that in the Games Not Beaten Thread. I'm trying to get to bed soon, but when I get a chance tomorrow I'll go back into the game and select that Shine. I'm pretty sure that if I replay the level I'll remember just what I did to beat it.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:37 am

GSZX1337 wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:Ok....quick question, how the hell did you beat that stupid shine in Sirena beach where you had 3 minutes to clean everything up. I have now spend a total of roughly 4 hours doing that stage over and over and over and over and over again.

I remember reading that in the Games Not Beaten Thread. I'm trying to get to bed soon, but when I get a chance tomorrow I'll go back into the game and select that Shine. I'm pretty sure that if I replay the level I'll remember just what I did to beat it.

Thank you! I await with baited breath!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:16 pm

Alright, I fired up Sunshine and completed the Stage twice. The second time I had thirty seconds remaining on the clock. The only things I can think of that might be affecting you are that you're either missing one nook or cranny, or that you're spending too much time on the cleanup. Are you trying to clean every last little spot? Are you spraying the kids covered in the goo? To beat the stage you have to rush through and spray as fast as you can and ignore the kids and any little spots of goo. Just try to clean the bulk of the goo. Hope that helps.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

by Cronozilla Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:01 pm

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I spent a lot of time spin-spraying followed by water jet hovering.

It's been a few years, though, I do remember it being a little difficult to do. But it's still nowhere near as difficult as all the red coin stars. I STILL haven't gotten all of those!
Return to General Gaming