Games Beaten 2014

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2014

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

GSZX1337 wrote:Alright, I fired up Sunshine and completed the Stage twice. The second time I had thirty seconds remaining on the clock. The only things I can think of that might be affecting you are that you're either missing one nook or cranny, or that you're spending too much time on the cleanup. Are you trying to clean every last little spot? Are you spraying the kids covered in the goo? To beat the stage you have to rush through and spray as fast as you can and ignore the kids and any little spots of goo. Just try to clean the bulk of the goo. Hope that helps.

yeah I don't worry about the toads and I go over everything with time to spare. I do the shotgun blast method, which cleans things up really fast (start spraying water and then jump...does a great job)....I will haveto just keep trying.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Jagosaurus wrote:Two down off my 2014 to play list!

Urban Chaos (PS2)
Lock's Quest (DS)

Add Super Mario World!

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I just finished that one myself last night. I've probably beaten it around 30 times.

I'm not gonna update my list until I have a big clump of Mario games finished though. I still have Yoshi's Island and Mario Land 2 to go.

Did you ★96 Mario World?
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I just finished that one myself last night. I've probably beaten it around 30 times.

I'm not gonna update my list until I have a big clump of Mario games finished though. I still have Yoshi's Island and Mario Land 2 to go.

Did you ★96 Mario World?

Heck no lol. I think I hit it in 41 stars. Took the back door into Bowsers Castle to avoid those dang doors, ha! Did you!? I need to do that some day.

I really enjoy that last Bowser fight. I can remember my cousin getting that level when it first came out & simply being excited to watch!

Mario 3 is still my favorite. If only it had a save battery...

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Yeah Mario World is one of those games where I always feel compelled to totally and fully complete everything. I don't think I've ever not ★96'ed it. Maybe my first playthrough?

Mario 3's lack of a save can be irritating. When I was a kid I always used warp whistles, as I never had time to play the entire game from start to finish. Thankfully, the All-Stars version has the save feature.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

DUDE thanks for reminding me of that save feature. I'm going to pick it up so I can enjoy the third game in short burst without getting my 3 flutes lol.

Does it save after castles/each world, forts, or each level?

... Bonez between this & your RPG threads you are costing me too much $ ;)

GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:yeah I don't worry about the toads and I go over everything with time to spare. I do the shotgun blast method, which cleans things up really fast (start spraying water and then jump...does a great job)....I will haveto just keep trying.

Sorry I couldn't be anymore help. This is something that I'd really need to see what you're doing to help.

Jagosaurus wrote:Does it save after castles/each world, forts, or each level?

The All-Stars version of SMB3 saves after each world.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

You have to save the game manually, you can do this from the pause menu or overworld by pressing start.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that when you restart from a save you're back to small Mario and your coins are reduced down to 0. All the items in your inventory and your lives are intact though. And yeah, I think your saves are for the worlds, but I'm not sure. I only saved/loaded my save at the beginning of a world.

Whatever the case it's better than the no saves of the original.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:You have to save the game manually, you can do this from the pause menu or overworld by pressing start.

I forgot that you had to hit "Save and Quit" before turning off the Super Nintendo. I guess I should've said that the game saves to the world.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Still a great improvement! This will be my new SNES purchase. I like how the SMB3 graphics only look cleaned up bc the original looked great on the NES. Will still make me feel like I playing the original with a more comfortable controller :)

Good memories with all 3 NES titles but I was addicted to.3. One of my cousins (different from the guy I mentioned above) was a chic who could run through SMB3 like rain man... no lost lives, no flutes.