Games Beaten 2014

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Wispmage
32-bit

Re: Games Beaten 2014

Post by Wispmage »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I could not have been happier and it still does stand the test of time as one of my personal favorites in the series.
I couldn't agree more. I also played it back in the day, though my first experience with it was the DX version on my Gameboy Color. I can remember getting stuck at a tricky part of the game and getting so frustrated that I begged my Mom to order me the guide off of Amazon. :lol: I can never decide whether it trumps A Link to the Past, my other favorite, but it's certainly one of the best Zelda titles imho.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

About the color dungeon in Link's Awakening DX... I know it appears if you play on Game Boy Color. But what about Super Game Boy? Game Boy Advance? I plan on playing it later this year and I really don't want to use an actual GBC.
Wispmage
32-bit

Post by Wispmage »

I'm not positive, but I believe that if you're playing the DX version, it doesn't matter what you're playing it on. The Color dungeon should be included and accessible to you.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Wispmage wrote:I'm not positive, but I believe that if you're playing the DX version, it doesn't matter what you're playing it on. The Color dungeon should be included and accessible to you.

It matters if you play it on Super Game Boy - it'll be a pain in the ass to try and play it otherwise.

It'll be fine on GBA or the Game Boy Player.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I don't think GBC cartridges work on the Super Gameboy, but I could be wrong.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Xeogred wrote:I don't think GBC cartridges work on the Super Gameboy, but I could be wrong.

The hybrid (black) carts do, the dedicated (clear) carts don't.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

I think emwarez is correct. It's the color only games with the nub at the top that won't work.

Here's a list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Su ... _Boy_games
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

emwearz wrote:
Xeogred wrote:I don't think GBC cartridges work on the Super Gameboy, but I could be wrong.

The hybrid (black) carts do, the dedicated (clear) carts don't.

This.

But they won't be in full colour on Super Game Boy. They'll be in the 'added colour' that a classic game boy game would have been.
Flake

Post by Flake »

1/12: Kirby's Adventure (NES)
1/20: Injustice: Gods Among US (WiiU)
1/25: Super Mario 3D World (WiiU)
1/29: Metroid Fusion (GBA)
1/30: Metroid II: The Return of Samus (GB)
2/8: Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)
2/23: Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (WiiU)

My final day of being unemployed concludes with me finishing Lego Batman 2 for the WiiU. This is the first time I've ever put any real effort into a Lego game and I have to say I was really, really impressed. Lego Batman 2 isn't just a great game, it's also probably the best Batman game I've ever played. The variety of abilities, playable characters, interactive environments made every sitting a joy.

My most memorable impression: Driving through Gotham City in the Batmobile, guns blazing, citizens getting run over, shit exploding every where. I said to myself "I may not be the hero this town wants...or needs. I might not actually be a hero at all."

Great game.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

It sounds neat. Lego City kind of turned me off a bit to Lego games though. I just don't think they're for me. I love me some Batman, especially after playing the Arkham series (I still need to play Origins). Maybe I'd enjoy it then?
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.