Deus Ex HR/Director's Cut - And Game Breaking Glitch Found..

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution/Director's Cut

Post by optmusprimenumber »

I'm playing the game for my 3rd or 5th time and I'm just starting to really understand the hacking. I was always able to pretty much hack everything and get through it but the Stop! software and Fortify are just starting to really show their use. I didn't realize fortifying nodes while the security systems are alert slows them down and using Stop! before it gets to nodes and raises their level is better than just using it to buy time. But I still have yet to upgrade my Fortify skill.
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution/Director's Cut

Post by optmusprimenumber »

The Deus Ex wikia just made me nervous.. is the grenade launcher in the Director's Cut?

Edit.. it is, Deus Ex wikia is lame
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Re: Deus Ex HR/Director's Cut - And Game Breaking Glitch Fou

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Been running around China for the last hour or so.

While I didn't think much was missing from Detroit, China definitely feels different. It's not quite the disgusting, awful, orange soaked polluted dump that it was. I like that I can see the 'roof' better but I don't like that it otherwise is less oppressive and I can totally see why somebody would prefer the original in this particular section of the game.

I'm interested to see how the ship environment looks. It was very very dark in the original DLC.

The more I play the more I'm in love with the gamepad features of this game. More so than ZombiU, this game benefits from it. If I were to try and convince somebody why the gamepad is cool and intuitive, this game would be it.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Yeah, now I guess you can see how I was a little disappointed there. Same for upper China, I remember being pretty blown away riding that elevator up the first time and seeing how bright and colorful it was, one of the best moments in the game. But here it was like... nothing lol. Jensen's apartment wasn't as epic either I thought.

I've cleared the second boss but needed a bit of a break. I hated it the first time around and even with the gamepad, man the hacking really gets tiresome after awhile. But I'm just so OCD about it and all that exp builds up so I have to keep doing it, but yeah. I can see how others say the gameplay gets a bit stale after awhile, feeling that the second time through I guess. Still can't wait to get to the DLC though.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Xeogred wrote:I can see how others say the gameplay gets a bit stale after awhile, feeling that the second time through I guess.

I guess I don't see how the gameplay would get stale quickly. There are so many ways to play, and so many alternate paths. Playing a stealth build is completely different from playing a deadly build. Yeah, some of the hacking minigames get a little old, but you can forego hacking altogether and find alternative solutions. Sure, you get the most XP by the no-killing, never spotted route, but you don't need as much XP for a combat build since you dispense with many of the stealth upgrades. And a combat-heavy battle build will make the bosses seem less incongruous and easier to deal with. Going full stealth pacifist makes the bosses suck, because they break the flow (though not in the DLC mission!).

I haven't done a second playthrough, but I really need to. I kinda want to see how hard it is to go full-contact. Since I have the base game and the Missing Link DLC I can automatically get the new director's cut for $5 on Steam even without a sale.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Yeah. Gameplay hasn't gotten stale for me at all.

I'm debating flipping over to the PC version. I'm having real trouble aiming with analog sticks and that leads to some fustrating reloads. It's hard to be fast and sneaky without mouse-aim. :?

I really do like the gamepad features though.

Decisions decisions.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Hmm yeah I had fun playing another chunk just now. I think I just burned myself out playing this and Wind Waker back to back among other games, not always good to play a few longer games at the same time haha...
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Yeah. Gameplay hasn't gotten stale for me at all.

I'm debating flipping over to the PC version. I'm having real trouble aiming with analog sticks and that leads to some fustrating reloads. It's hard to be fast and sneaky without mouse-aim. :?

I really do like the gamepad features though.

Decisions decisions.

Well I never played it on Wii U, but I have on both PS3 and PC. And I enjoyed it far more on PC. Deus Ex just wasn't meant for consoles IMO.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

BoringSupreez wrote:
Well I never played it on Wii U, but I have on both PS3 and PC. And I enjoyed it far more on PC. Deus Ex just wasn't meant for consoles IMO.

The gamepad pretty much eliminates all the interface problems the game had on consoles and so really its only negatives are framerate and lack of mouse aim.

Unfortunately, the PC version of Director's Cut is completely borked so if I do swap over to PC I'll be playing the original. I know where the DLC starts so it's not a huge deal but still a bit annoying if I do go that route.