Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Re: Mighty No. 9 - Keiji Inafune / comcept kicksarter projec

by Violent By Design Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:53 pm

The level design in the game just isn't up to par to some of the classic Megaman games.

This game also feels a lot more run and gunny. You kinda just blitz every guy and you have the feeling of just being hyper aggressive, that's not bad on it's own, but it isn't very Megaman like (it's kinda like playing as Zero, which you can essentially do in this game, but even with a buster you're still getting up in guys faces).

I don't find myself stopping to think about any platforming problems, the game is not methodical, I'm just running and blasting things - sometimes it feels more like Contra than Megaman.

Not a bad game, but I can see why people were disappointed. I also think it is weird that the game doesn't have the same rhythm as a Megaman game but the narrative/art is a rip off of the Megaman game. I think the game would be better received if people weren't expecting essentially a brand new Megaman X game.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:29 pm

Finally I have closure on the backer rewards.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Does the manual fit in the box?
MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:24 pm

It does. I got my package as well (which included both the JP and US boxes) and the respective manuals fit in their boxes.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:18 pm

What backer package did you get?
I got the WiiU digital with an add-on DVD, so I'm guessing just DVD and case no box for me.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:22 pm

Michi wrote:Does the manual fit in the box?

It does, as Popo said. The issue was with the Famicom-style boxes which they straightened out before the shipments that included the DVD/USB copy of the game.

SpaceBooger wrote:What backer package did you get?
I got the WiiU digital with an add-on DVD, so I'm guessing just DVD and case no box for me.

I think it was the $60 level and then I paid the extra $20 for the DVD (I should have gotten the USB. The pictures I've seen of those were pretty sweet).
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Next question: Is the DVD the real game, or just a steam code? If a real game, does it self-update... if there are even updates?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:41 pm

Gunstar Green wrote:
Michi wrote:Does the manual fit in the box?

It does, as Popo said. The issue was with the Famicom-style boxes which they straightened out before the shipments that included the DVD/USB copy of the game.

Oh, good. I remember reading that the issue was only with that one style of box, but with the way the campaign went I was...concerned.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:18 pm

Michi wrote:Oh, good. I remember reading that the issue was only with that one style of box, but with the way the campaign went I was...concerned.

This goof was actually all on Fangamer, they sent the wrong specifications to the printer. They've replaced the ones that were messed up already.

It is funny that Mighty No. 9 had to get one last failure in though.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:51 pm

Yeah got my replacement manual. I couldn't care less either way. Well, I guess I care a little as I nearly just nearly tore it all up and tossed it in the bin. Didn't because of the money it took to get this garbage.
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
Return to General Gaming