Mighty No. 9 - Keiji Inafune / comcept kicksarter project

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Mighty No. 9 - Keiji Inafune / comcept kicksarter projec

Post by Sarge »

Oh, yeah, no question. That's why I say hit-or-miss. They're just not consistent. Their work on MM9 was phenomenal, and solid on MM10. I always hold my breath when they're involved, because I know it's not a slam dunk that a game will be awesome.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Mighty phssssssttt.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I don't even mind X6, I guess I'm immune to "bad Mega Man level design". :lol:
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Xeogred wrote:I don't even mind X6, I guess I'm immune to "bad Mega Man level design". :lol:

I'm trying so hard not to rant about X6 again.

My hatred for it is legendary. Everything about it is rushed, thoughtless and dumb.

Except the music. The music rocks.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Yeah, even if you hate a game or it's terrible, can't deny if it has amazing music. Definitely happens sometimes.

Hell yeah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me3Me0jikwE

The NES Mega Man and X1-X6 formula is probably a testament to how much I love everything about the game design for those. Could have played 50 more sequels and still been happy with them.

I despise the story for X6 though and the intermission interruptions... but oh yeah, probably don't want to get you started. :lol: , I know it's an unpopular opinion of mine and obviously a weak entry, but still cool stuff in my book.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Xeogred wrote:Yeah, even if you hate a game or it's terrible, can't deny if it has amazing music. Definitely happens sometimes.

Hell yeah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me3Me0jikwE

The NES Mega Man and X1-X6 formula is probably a testament to how much I love everything about the game design for those. Could have played 50 more sequels and still been happy with them.

I despise the story for X6 though and the intermission interruptions... but oh yeah, probably don't want to get you started. :lol: , I know it's an unpopular opinion of mine and obviously a weak entry, but still cool stuff in my book.

The music, parts system and ninja armor are worth the pain of shoddy level design in my book. I really enjoy X6, it's better than X5 or X3 in my opinion.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Xeogred wrote:
I despise the story for X6 though and the intermission interruptions... but oh yeah, probably don't want to get you started.

"I hid myself while I tried to repair myself." That is all.

Though Drunk Sigma is fucking hilarious. Even he couldn't handle that game without being liquored up first.
StuffWePlay
16-bit

Post by StuffWePlay »

Despite the reviews, I still really want to give this game a try. The only problem is, I backed $85 to this project on Kickstarter and asked for the Wii U version on all of the surveys. Instead, they sent me the Steam version. I haven't tried to redeem it yet, as I want to get the correct version of the game and I've tried to contact Comcept multiple times over the past week but I have received absolutely no response from them. Kind of angry from this, but I do still want to try out this game.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I'd try it, if it hit GoG, then had a big sale, or they apologized and released the formerly noted 3DS physical release (on discount) given the reviews. It looks interesting but also clearly has problems.
DreamyWarrior00
8-bit

Post by DreamyWarrior00 »

I'm currently streaming it just beat all the main stages. I am enjoying it and it was only $30 (hard copy ps4) or $20 digitally. I'll probably write my own thoughts on it once i've beaten it.
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.Image