Mighty No. 9 - Keiji Inafune / comcept kicksarter project

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Mighty No. 9 - Keiji Inafune / comcept kicksarter projec

Post by CFFJR »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Thank you for being a voice of reason in this age of needless outrage. The game plays good and will appeal to Mega Man fans. Visually flawed, sure, but we are retro folks. When did we care about visuals?

:D Cheers!

As for the visuals they are admittedly pretty bland, but indeed, I don't really care. I'm too busy dashing around.

SpaceBooger wrote:While I agree I am enjoying the gameplay a lot. The time between death and the next life ruins the game for me. I don't want to wait 30+ seconds after I die to try again, instead it makes me not want to wait/play.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game otherwise, but that's pretty awful. Is this maybe a platform thing? Which version are you playing?

I'm playing on Xbox One, and I haven't had any death load last longer than 10 seconds at most.

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I'm...not really digging it. I've beaten Pyrogen and have been trying Cryo's stage, but I'm just not really enjoying it that much. That might be because I NEVER think ice levels are fun, but idk. I may have to put it down for a while and come back to it later.

Sorry to hear that. I hope that maybe it'll grow on you after a break. That's certainly worked for me before.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

arcadifvid wrote:just wondering... would people still regard it mediocre if it didnt have delays and that prom night ad didnt exist ?

Yes. Any way you cut it the game is pretty mediocre, but if it wasn't for the overblown budget, the community drama and the delays the outrage would probably be far less. People would more likely respond with, "it's alright," rather than, "it's the spawn of Satan." Because it is alright and I'd say it is still worth playing if you're a fan of these type of games.

To be honest I've certainly had fun with it. I really like Ray and her Getter Robo inspired design. It's just the lazy level design that really kills it for me. It's long stretches of nothing with zero challenge then, BAM here's an insta-death trap you weren't expecting and probably couldn't even see. It takes all the wrong inspiration from the later Mega Man X games and little from the more solid titles.

That's not to say it's hard since once I know that trap is there I breeze past it because that's the only challenge it presented. What's worse is Beck's dash is just too much. The way most levels are designed it negates any platforming challenge there might have been.

If mixed in with the Mega Man games it wouldn't be the worst one by a long shot, but it would be in the weaker half.
Last edited by Gunstar Green on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

CFFJR wrote:
SpaceBooger wrote:While I agree I am enjoying the gameplay a lot. The time between death and the next life ruins the game for me. I don't want to wait 30+ seconds after I die to try again, instead it makes me not want to wait/play.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game otherwise, but that's pretty awful. Is this maybe a platform thing? Which version are you playing?

I'm playing on Xbox One, and I haven't had any death load last longer than 10 seconds at most.

Wii U
The in between death load is just as long as when you first start a level. It's like the whole level is reloading.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

The Wii U port has issues, from my understanding. Other platforms apparently are a bit smoother.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

So yet another intentionally halfassed Nintendo release? Shock!
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Tanooki wrote:So yet another intentionally halfassed Nintendo release? Shock!

No, more like releasing the game on 11 platform with a greatly limited budget when the game was initially a Pc only game. Inafune himself stated that this was the biggest mistake made. Stop being an ignorant, hateful prick.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

No, developer would intentionally release a game broken. If they don't like Nintendo, they just wouldn't release it for that platform period.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

You really think they'd want to further hurt their already ailing public image just to stick it to Nintendo?

Really?
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I never said it was entirely consciously on purpose. It's just something common for years now that Nintendo ports get the short end of the stick. It's as much Nintendo's fault as much as the third party really. When you drive away sales a third party isn't going to see a lot of profit potential, but if they make a promise (especially kickstarter backed) you have to deliver at least something. There's no excuse not to properly optimize all versions of a game to behave properly as that's sloppy.

Instead of all jumping on the bandwagon might I offer up a rusty spike since you all are feeling uppity?
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Gunstar Green wrote:

You really think they'd want to further hurt their already ailing public image just to stick it to Nintendo?

Really?

I don't think Tanooki meant it that way. I think he meant that Comcept had to prioritize the platform performance tiers, and Wii U got pushed to the bottom due to its lesser popularity. This was a result of limited finances and hard decisions, not Nintendo hate.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.