Mighty No. 9 - Keiji Inafune / comcept kicksarter project

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Mighty No. 9 - Keiji Inafune / comcept kicksarter project

Post by Xeogred »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mig ... ighty-no-9

Yep. $100k already, easily going to be one of the biggest hits so far I'm sure.

The project with Uematsu exploded. Everyone definitely knows who Keiji Inafune is at this point and imagine the force that is the Legends fanbase to back him up here. Pretty sure Matsuno (Tactics Ogre, FFT, Vagrant Story, etc) is freelance thesedays too, is he next?

The Japanese are jumping on board now. At first Kickstarter seemed to reel in a lot of big Western devs and names, of veterans who were buried with growing companies and expansion, or something? I still think it's odd some of those big names only had a game or two behind them 10-20 years back. Did they disappear, or get lost in the shuffle?

It's a good thing Steam has Greenlight... and the three big consoles are realizing they better support the indie scene, as it looks like this could be the future to rebuild the middle class.

A digital revolution is upon us? I wasn't sure what to think of Kickstarter and this stuff early on, but now you've got names like this showing up and massive projects. COD shot its Death Star lasers on the market and who gives a damn about sequels anymore, the real talent are dropping like flies from the big factories and in conjunction with the fans, creativity just might make a comeback this next gen.

Thoughts? It'll be interesting to say the least.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Re: Mighty No. 9 - Keiji Inafune / comcept kicksarter projec

Post by hashiriya1 »

This game is a big middle finger to Capcom. I'm totally backing this.
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

Xeogred wrote:A digital revolution is upon us? I wasn't sure what to think of Kickstarter and this stuff early on, but now you've got names like this showing up and massive projects. COD shot its Death Star lasers on the market and who gives a damn about sequels anymore, the real talent are dropping like flies from the big factories and in conjunction with the fans, creativity just might make a comeback this next gen.

In this day and age publishers are an unnecessary and unproductive expense between developers and consumers. Using kickstarter means that developers can make the game they want, with out censoring, dumbing down, making it easier or altering their vision in any way to make the game more marketable.
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

At first, I was hesitant about this since it just sounded like a clone of the first Mega Man game. Granted there are a lot of similarities (eg. the plot, the character names, the gameplay, etc.), but this really seems more like a logical step forward as opposed to a clone. I also thought it sucked that a Linux port is a stretch goal, but it looks like that's going to be a non-issue. I'm definitely going to contribute when I get my next paycheck.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

GSZX1337 wrote:At first, I was hesitant about this since it just sounded like a clone of the first Mega Man game.

really, if it was just that, with a few extra elements, i'd probably be okay with it.

this looks great. thanks for the project phoenix link, too, i hadn't seen that yet.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Looks like this will be fully funded within another day or two. Wow. I definitely have a few friends that'll end up backing this because they love the old Mega Man games.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Menegrothx wrote:
Xeogred wrote:A digital revolution is upon us? I wasn't sure what to think of Kickstarter and this stuff early on, but now you've got names like this showing up and massive projects. COD shot its Death Star lasers on the market and who gives a damn about sequels anymore, the real talent are dropping like flies from the big factories and in conjunction with the fans, creativity just might make a comeback this next gen.

In this day and age publishers are an unnecessary and unproductive expense between developers and consumers. Using kickstarter means that developers can make the game they want, with out censoring, dumbing down, making it easier or altering their vision in any way to make the game more marketable.

Plus the whole system is ass backwards. A game flops... so who gets the kick? The people who made it, the devs. While the publishers get to still bounce around. I'm really tired of it. In an ideal world publishers would be under the developers being told what to market and how to handle things and failed sales would fall on their shoulders.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

What's this? Inafune is basically making the high-def Mega Man game I've been asking Capcom for years for?

Choke on it Capcom, I'm with Inafune.

As much as I love Mega Man, if this turns out good then I'll be fine with the blue bomber rusting in pieces.
Last edited by Gunstar Green on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

This is the first ever Kickstarter project I have ever been excited about, or even cared about for that matter. I went with the $60 and really hope this whole thing materializes. It is really exciting to see big names hop on board with this concept.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

I thought it would be a lazy Mega Man clone, but then I saw the graphics:

:D

I realize it's just a concept at this point, but it does look great and a natural progression for Mega Man.