Mighty No. 9 - Keiji Inafune / comcept kicksarter project

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Re: Mighty No. 9 - Keiji Inafune / comcept kicksarter projec

Post by Erik_Twice »

dsheinem wrote:Do we actually need games of any style?

yes. shmups.[/quote]
Perfect :lol:
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

aaron wrote:
GSZX1337 wrote:At first, I was hesitant about this since it just sounded like a clone of the first Mega Man game.

really, if it was just that, with a few extra elements, i'd probably be okay with it.

this looks great. thanks for the project phoenix link, too, i hadn't seen that yet.

I had different thoughts about that, but I won't talk about them since it's obvious this isn't just a clone.

Menegrothx wrote:
brunoafh wrote:This is the first ever Kickstarter project I have ever been excited about, or even cared about for that matter. I went with the $60 and really hope this whole thing materializes. It is really exciting to see big names hop on board with this concept.

The big names hopped aboard way before this. Bethesda, Chris Avellone, Brian Fargo, Chris Roberts, Al Lowe, Richard Garriott, Tom Hall, John Romero...

I think brunoafh's referring to the big Japanese names.

Opa Opa wrote:Why is this even a kickstarter? You'd think Inafune would have enough pull to have a publisher back him.

Of course it is easier to get free money with very little (any?) restrictions. :roll:

The point of this KS is to keep publishers out of the equation.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

My only question is this: will it have wall jumping and dashing ala Megaman X? Please say yes.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

$60 backer right here, when they say retro game style box and manual I assume they must mean a sega saturn longbox right? right?
Sasha_Blue
64-bit

Post by Sasha_Blue »

I heard the demo track to the game and it simply made me smile. Brings a lot of memories back. I'm backing this project for sure.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

I just thought of something: Do you think there'll be a PS4/XBone version? If no, do you think that'll come back to bite comcept in the ass? It's not like the two consoles are backwards compatible with their predecessor's downloadable titles.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

ninjainspandex wrote:$60 backer right here, when they say retro game style box and manual I assume they must mean a sega saturn longbox right? right?

Why any one would ever want a sega saturn style longbox is beyond me. Unless of course you are refering to these Sega Saturn longboxes
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Boo, those Saturn longboxes look great. Only problem they have is simply that they're nigh impossible to replace if they break.
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

They look good but the white US color scheme looks tame. I don't know why any one would want any more game cases that take much space, are expensive to ship, break easily and are impossible to replace with out sacrificing another game? It's a bad, inefficient design. That's why they got rid of it when Dreamcast was released.
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

GSZX1337 wrote:I just thought of something: Do you think there'll be a PS4/XBone version? If no, do you think that'll come back to bite comcept in the ass? It's not like the two consoles are backwards compatible with their predecessor's downloadable titles.

That's a good question.

It seems like the main focus is PC though I have very little doubt they'll reach the 360/PS3/Wii U stretch goal at this rate.

The game is not due out until 2015 so things may change by then.