Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
MrPopo

Re: Mighty No. 9 - Keiji Inafune / comcept kicksarter projec

by MrPopo Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:58 pm

Gunstar Green wrote:
Michi wrote:Oh, good. I remember reading that the issue was only with that one style of box, but with the way the campaign went I was...concerned.

This goof was actually all on Fangamer, they sent the wrong specifications to the printer. They've replaced the ones that were messed up already.

It is funny that Mighty No. 9 had to get one last failure in though.

I've found the Fangamer guys to be quality gents. They don't always succeed the first time on something but they'll always make it right in the end.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:35 am

So I got Mighty No. 9 for Christmas, and just decided last night to unwrap it and give it a go. So far I've done that opening section that was basically a remake of the opening section of Mega Man X, and then I attempted one of the masterbots (#5) and made it up to the fight against him and beefed it. I'm very early into the game but so far... I don't think it's horrible. I mean it's got its problems (WTF is with those loading times when you die???), but it's got some odd charm as well. We'll see how it goes. I could certainly end up whistling a different tune as the game goes on. But first impression at least didn't make me want to stop playing altogether.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:56 am

Weird I made this thread in 2013. Internet time is weird!

Glad I bought it for dollars on a sale. Played a few levels and hated it. The level design in particular was awful.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:50 am

I found Mighty Number 9 on sale brand new for ten bucks. I figured at that price, it was basically an impulse buy. I might need to try it out some time soon, but it will have to wait ‘till after beat ‘em up month. I have too many bad dudes to beat up right now.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:59 am

Mighty No. 9 waffles between feeling really, really fun and really really infuriating. There are some poorly-communicated concepts that will get you in trouble fast, especially if you choose the wrong stage right out of the gate. Also, blind jump spike traps just aren't fun at all.

The core of the game is actually pretty great! The mechanic I thought I would hate the most, the dashing into weakened enemies, was the thing I actually liked best. Kinda crazy, in retrospect. Of course, that also means it doesn't quite feel like a classic Mega Man revival; the dash puts it more in MMX territory.

I'm absolutely serious that a few tweaks could make the game actually good.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Noise the load times between deaths have been a problem since the beginning (and twice as long on the WiiU that I was playing it on). With all this time to patch it, this is something that was never addressed. Once the game was out no more effort to better it was ever put into it.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Stop Skeletons From Fighting (formerly Happy Video Game Nerd) did a sort of retrospective on the game recently while looking at the upcoming Mega Man 11. It sounds like it was such a critical flop that they just flat-out ran out of money. Plus, the only reason backers got their physical rewards was likely because Level-5 bought out Comcept.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
Ack

by Ack Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:10 pm

I feel bad about Mighty No. 9. It had some ideas that I wanted to like, but they failed to execute. For example, the level with the sniper robot. He's shooting down hallways at you through the level! It sounds like an awesome concept. But in execution, it just didn't work out. That's just how this game felt from the little I played of it.

Now, I should stress, that was relatively little. I might one day pick it up and enjoy myself, but I have a lot of other stuff to play first.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Return to General Gaming