Do You Have Any Unpopular Gaming Opinions?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Do You Have Any Unpopular Gaming Opinions?

Post by Gamerforlife »

I guess I'll add a few:

- Alien Hominid sucked. It was pretty and funny, but sloppily designed. And no, its flash roots aren't an excuse. It irks me when it gets compared to Contra or Metal Slug. It's not even in their league.
- Shenmue is overrated
- Odin Sphere was a crap game with lousy combat, poor performance, and repetitive design
- Sly 3 was the best of the original trilogy (apparently a lot of fans think it's the worst)
- Zelda is not an rpg
- Beat 'em ups and fighting games are not the same genre
- There's nothing wrong with women being sexualized in games. Now if ALL games did that, then that would be bad. In real life, some women are happy to sell their sex appeal and probably aren't offended by games like Dead or Alive Volleyball. Some people would have you believe that games like that or Lollipop Chainsaw are a crime against all women
- Speaking of which, Lollipop Chainsaw was an excellent game, far better than some of the bullshit reviews it got
- Hideo Kojima is overrated...though I did love Zone of the Enders 2
- Heavy Rain is better than The Walking Dead series
- Speaking of which, The Walking Dead games by Telltale are overrated (note that I didn't say they are bad, just overrated). I'm tired of all the BS acclaim they get for their choice based gameplay. Your choices DO NOT MATTER AT ALL. Play Heavy Rain and see a game where what you do or don't do DOES matter.
- Fez sucked
- Metal Slug 3 is the weakest of the series. That last stage is an exercise in excess and overkill
- Super Mario 3d Land was boring
- Rayman Origins was overrated and Sonic Generations was the real platformer of the year for 2011
- Xenoblade was MASSIVELY overrated. Final Fantasy XIII-2 was better, even with all its flaws, which I'll happily admit to.
- Elder Scrolls games are boring
- Adam Sessler is an idiot
- Olivia Munn is hot, Morgan Webb is not
- The Dynasty Warriors series rocks! Screw the haters! There's just too damn many of them is all. Koei needs to stop milking the formula
- Resident Evil 4 was better than the old RE games
- Nintendo first party titles are overrated, especially Zelda. Skyward Sword was just a typical Zelda game with a crappy gimmick strapped onto it.
- Zelda II on the NES was better than the first game
- Batman games did not all suck before Batman Arkham Asylum
- Great licensed games are not rare. It amazes me that people still believe this. It's like they've been in a cave for the last twenty years
- Mouse and keyboard is not the end all, be all way to play shooters. Some people honestly hate mouse and keyboard and are just more comfortable with a controller
- PC gaming is not better than console gaming. Nor is it worse. It's just another option
- The Sonic Adventure games were flawed, but still great.
- Fuck multi-player gaming. I hate how its taken over everything
- I'm sick of 8-Bit, classic style Mega Man. Sorry, it's a great series that defined a large part of my youth, but MM 9 and 10 were just overkill
- Final Fantasy still rocks. I know it's cool to hate on it now, but the franchise isn't in as bad a state currently as people say. It's certainly in a better state than Resident Evil is at the moment. Thank you FF13 for one of the best combat systems ever and some of the most gorgeous HD visuals I've ever seen
- The Uncharted series sucks
- I don't care about Assassins Creed
- I see nothing wrong with people who collect sealed games and am tired of the self righteous, judgmental, a holes on their high horses about, "games are meant to be played!!!" :roll:
- 90% of Let's Play videos suck, and nobody cares about your stupid unboxing videos.
- There is such a thing as wrong opinions. They are based on false information. Sometimes people are just wrong, and that's all there is to it.
- Games today aren't too easy. Gamers are just too lazy to create challenges for themselves or they simply aren't playing the games that actually are hard. They're out there
- Quick time events are just you pushing buttons that appear on a screen. If you think they are hard, you need to stop playing video games. I'm sick of hearing people bitch about QTEs. Admittedly, I used to do it too, but I'm over it.
- Double Dragon 3 on the NES was awesome, so was Renegade
- Silent protagonists suck, looking at you Half Life 2
- Every Nintendo console controller after the SNES has been complete and utter shit

I could list about a hundred other things I believe that would probably annoy a lot of people, but that's enough
Last edited by Gamerforlife on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

-The load times in the PSX port of Final Fantasy 6 aren't as bad as people make them out to be
-The word "overrated" gets on my nerves for whatever reason. Just say you don't like it.
jinx
Next-Gen

Post by jinx »

AppleQueso wrote:-The word "overrated" gets on my nerves for whatever reason. Just say you don't like it.

I'm guilty of doing this from time to time, but I agree. Overrated is such an overused term.
Also, I don't think Shenmue is overrated as much as it's fan base is hardcore, loud, and obnoxious. Usually those cult followings can make a game seem extremely popular, when in reality not many people enjoy it or have even played it (Not saying this is true for Shenmue in particular, but for cult classics in general). I have yet to actually finish the game, but I thought it was a pretty neat concept.
MyNameIsVince
64-bit

Post by MyNameIsVince »

A few more:

- I like old school multiplayer, aka "local" multiplayer. I'll take 4 player Super Smash Bros in my living room multiplayer over fragging n00bs online in the 4,867th edition of COD Black Ops.

- I like shmups on the Super Nintendo.

- I enjoy playing the 1st Final Fight on the Super Nintendo.

- The less I hear about The Walking Dead, the better. And I don't mean just the video game either....

But hey, it could be worse, I could prattle on musically about how much I don't care for Unearth and Converge and how Radiohead is the most overrated band in music history, but I'll save that for a Racketboy music thread.
SteveyMajors
24-bit

Post by SteveyMajors »

I think Legend of Mana is the best game in the Mana series.

I wish I could think of some more wacky opinions that I have, but you guys took all the good ones. :oops:
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

SteveyMajors wrote:I think Legend of Mana is the best game in the Mana series.

At the very least I can say that it's easily the best looking. That game's graphics are just beautiful.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

jinx wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:-The word "overrated" gets on my nerves for whatever reason. Just say you don't like it.

I'm guilty of doing this from time to time, but I agree. Overrated is such an overused term.

Yeah. So? I really don't understand the mentality of disliking a word simply because it gets used a lot. It gets used a lot because it is the most accurate way of saying that something got more acclaim than it deserved. It does NOT mean that you don't like it, though it can be used to describe something that you didn't like. Still, it does not automatically mean that.

Should we complain about words like "and" or "the" because people use them so damn much? Does not compute

I get annoyed by this because someone once complained in another thread about me using a word simply because people use it so much. Well excuse me for properly using the English language.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

My reasoning has nothing to do with how overused it is.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

irixith wrote:
CFFJR wrote:On the Castlevania note:

-Metroidvania sucks. These games wreck my enthusiasm for the series.

-The best Castlevania is Rondo of Blood. Symphony isn't even in the same realm.

I was all set to angrily respond to this but then I duurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:lol:

At least we're being honest with each other eh?

On that note, this is a fun thread.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
jinx
Next-Gen

Post by jinx »

Gamerforlife wrote:
jinx wrote:

Yeah. So? I really don't understand the mentality of disliking a word simply because it gets used a lot. It gets used a lot because it is the most accurate way of saying that something got more acclaim than it deserved. It does NOT mean that you don't like it, though it can be used to describe something that you didn't like. Still, it does not automatically mean that.

Should we complain about words like "and" or "the" because people use them so damn much? Does not compute

I get annoyed by this because someone once complained in another thread about me using a word simply because people use it so much. Well excuse me for properly using the English language.

It wasn't a personal attack... jeez.
I said I use the word too, but it's like people using the word "literally" to describe just about everything. It gets to the point where the word starts to lost it's meaning.

In any case, I was just agreeing with AppleQueso. English was just the only class I could never get in 'A' in, so it's not like I'm trying to give you advice. :lol:

EDIT:
Unpopular Opinion.
I don't like RPGs on handhelds. I tend to set them down and forget about them and by the time I pick it back up again, I've forgotten some of the story.