Do You Have Any Unpopular Gaming Opinions?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: Do You Have Any Unpopular Gaming Opinions?

Post by Luke »

To anyone who posted:

"The Legend of Zelda" and "The Adventure of Link" instead of:Zelda 1, Zelda 2, thank you.
johnny turbo
24-bit

Post by johnny turbo »

I have never liked the ps1's library and never will. Part of me is still the bitter young Sega fanboy. the other part of me just realizes that most of the games from that era have aged horribly. I didn't grow up with them so I have nothing to think or feel about them. Had a Saturn +n64+dream cast in the years it was prevalent.
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:You have a point with the flaw in my hand use argument. I personally have hell using most videogame keyboard motions with my left hand, thus why I get aggravated by the constant dislike and hate every time I bring up using a controller on PC. I acknowledge the great use of the mouse in FPS and RTS, but I just hate using a keyboard to game so much.

Have you tried rebinding the keys? You don't have to use WASD if it's hard for you to use. Or are do you have difficulty using your little, middle and ring finger in general? Since on game pad you presumably use thumb for d-pad/analog stick and index finger for L1+L2
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
soul_hacker
64-bit

Post by soul_hacker »

I don't like Street Fighter at all. I find it to be painfully boring, although whenever I come across a copy of Super Street Fighter 2 on SNES, I think about buying it...

Crystalis is better than The Legend of Zelda.

I hate Final Fantasy VII.

I really hope that Gamestop starts selling old games soon just so we have a steady pricing system. How much certain games raised in price in the last year or so is just... for the lack of a better word; retarded.

The three button Genesis controller is absolute garbage.

I like the Zelda CDi games. If you don't pay attention to the cut scenes and don't think of them as Zelda games, they're quite entertaining.

ActRaiser 2 is a good game.

As a whole, the Dragon Quest series is much better than the Final Fantasy series.

I like going out and finding games more than playing them. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy playing them, but finding those games that you are looking out for at a flea market or something just has such a rush. Playing the game itself cannot compete.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

I'm so glad all my opinions are mainstream and that I'm universally loved.

It must suck to be you guys.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

soul_hacker wrote:
I really hope that Gamestop starts selling old games soon just so we have a steady pricing system. How much certain games raised in price in the last year or so is just... for the lack of a better word; retarded.

You realize just because GameStop will sell Earthbound for $60 or less doesnt mean people arent going to watch their local gamestops like hawks to go get it and post it back on ebay for $250+, and no, just no! gamestop should stick to modern used games, keep the retro goodness to the internet and thrift stores/local game stores.

Actually, GameStop should just die.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

All female characters in video games are terribad. They are either meant as fap material for weaboos or pandering to female gamers. I don't need love stories in my video games.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

flex wood wrote:All female characters in video games are terribad. They are either meant as fap material for weaboos or pandering to female gamers. I don't need love stories in my video games.

Starting playing Tomb Raider Trilogy on PS3 and started with Tomb Raider Legend, and damn Lara Croft has one fine digital body, mmmmmmmmm....

Sorry Luke! :mrgreen:
MyNameIsVince
64-bit

Post by MyNameIsVince »

soul_hacker wrote:I don't like Street Fighter at all. I find it to be painfully boring, although whenever I come across a copy of Super Street Fighter 2 on SNES, I think about buying it...

Crystalis is better than The Legend of Zelda.

I hate Final Fantasy VII.

The three button Genesis controller is absolute garbage.

I like the Zelda CDi games. If you don't pay attention to the cut scenes and don't think of them as Zelda games, they're quite entertaining.

ActRaiser 2 is a good game.

As a whole, the Dragon Quest series is much better than the Final Fantasy series.

I like going out and finding games more than playing them. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy playing them, but finding those games that you are looking out for at a flea market or something just has such a rush. Playing the game itself cannot compete.

If I played Crystalis as much as I did the first Legend of Zelda, I would agree 100% (or if I owned it as a child instead of getting it just last year).

As for Gamestop selling old games......that would be great. The only problem is, I can honestly see Gamestop pricing the old games even worse than they already are.
soul_hacker
64-bit

Post by soul_hacker »

Yeah, you're both right. The more I think about it, the more I realize that certain games would be priced at a more ridiculous price than they already are... well, either that or they will skyrocket at first, then even out to very normal prices. I would really hope it's the later.

I also hate gamestop. I rarely ever go in there unless if it's for an exclusive or something.