Do You Have Any Unpopular Gaming Opinions?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Do You Have Any Unpopular Gaming Opinions?

Post by Tanooki »

Quest 64 is fun, RPG die hards hate on it just because it's cool to do that.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I love and I mean LOVE Tokyo Mirage Sessions! It's my second favorite Persona game behind Persona 4. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed Persona 5 but I love TMS so much more.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Hey, speaking of Persona, is it an unpopular opinion to not like Person 5 much? Because, although I did finish it and put in like 80 hours or however long it took me, I really didn't enjoy it much. I didn't like the characters much, didn't really care too much for the story, I found the pacing horrendous, I found the game massively outstayed its welcome, parts were a huge chore, I didn't like that they took away all the after school clubs and that's just the stuff I can remember off the top of my head. Nier Automata and BotW, as games that came out around the same kind of time, were much better and leagues above Persona 5.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a much better game.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
A.C. Sativa

Post by A.C. Sativa »

Forgive me if any of these have been mentioned but I'm not going through over 650 pages of comments to look.

-Mario 64 sucked. Terrible controls and the camera makes it unplayable. Same for Donkey Kong 64.
-Yoshi's Island also sucked.
-Castlevania II is the best NES Castlevania.
-Link to the Past was the last good Zelda game.
-The WiiU was a good system. The Dreamcast and Saturn however, were not.
-Anything pre-NES isn't retro, it's antiquated crap. And before someone says I'm too young to appreciate it, I'm 36.
-The Halo games are terrible.
-The Metroid series is by far and away the best series Nintendo does (we'll just forget Other M exists for the purposes of this discussion).
-The Gran Tourismo games are absolute crap.
-RPGs in general are boring as hell.

I'll probably think of some more later.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Whoa frosty ass first post. Not liking Atari games sure is a unique and unpopular opinion here.

I do like Castlevania II though.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

A.C. Sativa wrote:Forgive me if any of these have been mentioned but I'm not going through over 650 pages of comments to look.

-Mario 64 sucked. Terrible controls and the camera makes it unplayable. Same for Donkey Kong 64.
-Anything pre-NES isn't retro, it's antiquated crap. And before someone says I'm too young to appreciate it, I'm 36.
-The Metroid series is by far and away the best series Nintendo does (we'll just forget Other M exists for the purposes of this discussion).

I'll probably think of some more later.

Hi! Welcome to the forums! I know that the vast majority of the internet encourages and delights in the idea of hating things to prove some kind of edgy level of coolness, but we here don't really reward that behavior. You may not like something and that is totally okay, but to go to such extremes with no commentary on the reasons behind it leaves little room for discussion.

I encourage you to take a minute, rethink your words and dedicate some more time into explaining why simply beyond, "It sucks." I am not saying your opinions are invalid, but please offer more insight to you as a player so that we could also contribute and discuss. Hope to hear more from you and encourage you to express yourself a bit more thoroughly.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

A.C. Sativa wrote:-Mario 64 sucked. Terrible controls and the camera makes it unplayable. Same for Donkey Kong 64.

Yeah, I've never liked Mario 64, personally. The camera and controls certainly don't help that, for me.

A.C. Sativa wrote:-Yoshi's Island also sucked.

Eh, I don't love it, but I definitely like it more than SMW, or any of the NES SMBs.

A.C. Sativa wrote:-Castlevania II is the best NES Castlevania.

Well, now you've just forgotten that Akumajou Densetsu exists.

A.C. Sativa wrote:-Link to the Past was the last good Zelda game.

I prefer The Wind Waker, but that's its own unpopular opinion.

A.C. Sativa wrote:-The WiiU was a good system. The Dreamcast and Saturn however, were not.

Get out--.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Straight fire! Whew!

Anyway, let's see what we've got here:

The former is good, the latter... not so good. The controls didn't bother me, but all the collecting mess in DK64 did.

And I think this is the best 2D platformer on the SNES. Opinions! :)

For the longest time, I agreed. I think I still might. I enjoy all the NES Castlevania games.

Well, it's certainly the most important game, since it set the template for everything to come. But I've enjoyed tons of the Zelda games after, and especially my favorite in the series, Link's Awakening.

Wii U was indeed a good system. The Dreamcast and Saturn... well, it depends on your tastes. If you love a lot of Sega's arcade-style output, then the Dreamcast is awesome. It also has some of the best ports of 2D fighters around. Plus, I can't be mad at the system that gave us both Skies of Arcadia and Grandia II. Saturn has a lot of hidden gems, but from a system design standpoint, it has obvious gaps. Didn't keep me from enjoying several games on there, though. Once again, lots of great fighters, and quite a few RPGs... which probably doesn't help you much, ha!

I'm not a fan of pre-NES either. Not sure I'd call it "crap", but I don't enjoy score-attack games for the most part.

Eh, they're competent. I'm a bad judge of this, since I don't play many FPSs.

Maybe? I think Zelda wins that category for me. The original is still good, but a bit rough. M2 was fun, but also flawed. Super Metroid is a masterpiece. Despite the linearity at times, so is Fusion. Zero Mission is amazing. I liked all of the Metroid Prime games (first is best), and I *gasp* even liked Other M!

Nah, they just appeal to a very specific type of gamer, the one that is looking for realism in their racing games. Many of the people I know that really dig the series also enjoy real-life cars, and appreciate the realistic handling. I also ended up dumping a ton of time into GT2.

Some are. Some aren't. But different tastes and all that. I have a buddy of mine that doesn't have the attention span to enjoy them. As I get older, and my own attention span goes, I feel the same at times. Out of curiosity, though, which ones have you tried? I bet there's at least one or two that might appeal to you.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I can only agree with Halo and Pre NES. Well ok, Atari wasn't crap then but hasn't aged well in general. Atari these days is an acquired taste like people who love Silent Films. The few who appreciate it are very passionate.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Do You Have Any Unpopular Gaming Opinions?

No.

No, I do not.

:D