Do You Have Any Unpopular Gaming Opinions?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: Do You Have Any Unpopular Gaming Opinions?

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Ack wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:ApolloBoy, you're speaking my mind!

You like Fester's Quest?

Well, mostly speaking my mind. I can't speak for Fester's Quest, I don't like the Jag's controller, and I've never even seen a VIC-20 in person. But other than those, I'm on board.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Ah, gotcha. Some of it I agree with, though I enjoy online gaming (on PC) with close friends very much.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Ack wrote:Ah, gotcha. Some of it I agree with, though I enjoy online gaming (on PC) with close friends very much.

I guess because he didn't specify "with close friends", I assumed he meant with random strangers, as is now the norm for online gaming (I think?). It's been fun playing GoldenEye and Mario Kart online with the Wii crew here, but I don't think I would want to play by myself against strangers. Maybe if I'm really bored. But there are so many other games to play alone, why play a game only kind of alone? But friends changes everything.
Krejlooc
128-bit

Post by Krejlooc »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
Ack wrote:Ah, gotcha. Some of it I agree with, though I enjoy online gaming (on PC) with close friends very much.

I guess because he didn't specify "with close friends", I assumed he meant with random strangers, as is now the norm for online gaming (I think?). It's been fun playing GoldenEye and Mario Kart online with the Wii crew here, but I don't think I would want to play by myself against strangers. Maybe if I'm really bored. But there are so many other games to play alone, why play a game only kind of alone? But friends changes everything.

Clans are actually the norm, now. Cross game chat and OS-level clan support on the 360 helped usher in a modern era of clan gaming. I haven't played a game with strangers in years now.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

TheSonicRetard wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:

Clans are actually the norm, now. Cross game chat and OS-level clan support on the 360 helped usher in a modern era of clan gaming. I haven't played a game with strangers in years now.

What Ack meant was with real life friends that he has known for years. In college we had a Friday night LAN party every Friday night, and most of us hung out through out the week. So now, we get online and play PC games with the same group of people, even though we are around the world now. I do not play randoms anymore, I really have not since 2004. I could probably count on one hand the amount of games I have played multiplayer online without Ack or Xen. Granted, nowadays we do not play much that is not coop.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Ack wrote:

You like Fester's Quest?

Sumtin' wrong with dat? *cracks knuckles*
Ack

Post by Ack »

Luke wrote:
Ack wrote:

You like Fester's Quest?

Sumtin' wrong with dat? *cracks knuckles*

I don't think I had ever heard o.pwuaioc make a statement in either direction on the game, but yes, I prefer Addams Family or Addams Family Values to Fester's Quest.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Ack wrote:...yes....

You and me at the flag pole after class.

Not really though. Fester's Quest is one of those "I played this relentlessly for hours upon hours when I was a kid" games.
BitFaced
64-bit

Post by BitFaced »

I don't know if it's definitely unpopular, but for all those people saying to use emulators instead of an original system try playing Conkers Bad Fur Day on an emulator. I've tried a few consoles and computers (the latter being more high tech) but I've always had problems that don't appear in normal gameplay (Example: Conker's eyebrows) or sometimes not getting the game to run at all (*Cough* Wii64 *Cough*). I say screw that, and get the real thing. If I'm going to play this game, I'm going to play it properly.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Luke wrote:Not really though. Fester's Quest is one of those "I played this relentlessly for hours upon hours when I was a kid" games.

^^^

Despite what everyone says about it, despite what the AVGN said about it, it's still pretty good. It actually gets better the farther you get into it. Pretty intense boss battles.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.