difference between Marvel vs Capcom 2 Dreamcast vs PS2

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
JC48573
128-bit

Re: difference between Marvel vs Capcom 2 Dreamcast vs PS2

Post by JC48573 »

Original_Name wrote:Getting a Total Control converter and using Sega Saturn pads is also an option if you want the 6-button control for a lot less money.

isn't the 5th and 6th buttons only a combination of the Light and Heavy?
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

Original_Name wrote:Getting a Total Control converter and using Sega Saturn pads is also an option if you want the 6-button control for a lot less money.

Do they make one for the original xbox? I didnt think they did, I guess you could get a saturn to ps2 adaptor and then use a ps2 to oxbox. Rather expensive solution though.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I have MvC 2 on the DC. It plays like a dream, looks, and sounds great too

I also have the first MvC on DC. As someone who spent a lot of time playing MvC in the arcades, I can attest to the fact that the DC version is arcade perfect.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

marurun wrote:
CD AGES wrote:It SO perfect that Capcom chose DC code for the MVC2 release on XBL and PSN.

I suspect the code for the DC and NAOMI is a lot more readable and easy to modify than PS2 code. The DC was supposed to be a nice platform to develop on, something that was NOT the case for the PS2.

Isn't that always the case with Sony consoles? We have the PS3 where most multi platform games are better on the 360, and the PS1 that couldn't handle most 2D fighters.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Gamerforlife wrote:Isn't that always the case with Sony consoles? We have the PS3 where most multi platform games are better on the 360, and the PS1 that couldn't handle most 2D fighters.

I think the PS1 had a different set of issues. It was a simple, straightforward console compared to others in its generation - probably a big factor in establishing Sony's presence as a console maker. The limited hardware it possessed was simply geared more for 3D.

Definitely the case with the PS2 and PS3 though, which were less multiplatform friendly due to their odd hardware setups.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

mas wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:How is MVC 2 on the original xbox?

It was good for me but the xbox controller still had that 4 button layout. Maybe if I used the street fighter arcade pad that came out it might have Breen better to play but I liked it.

I actually loved the old giant duke xbox controller for fighters, its buttons are perfect, the stick was very responsive, and it fit in my mitts just perfectly. I really wish they would make a larger sized 360 controller to accommodate my long norwegian fingers haha.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Actually i have been waiting to get one on eBay but its usually now around 30.00 for the total control 3. Then you have to get a saturnn controller for 15-20.00. That's 50.00 total without the shipping yet. I am rather going to wait and find the arcade Capcom or snk pad for around the same price.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

My only quirk about the DC version of MVC2 is that the 6-button scheme has been downgraded to a 4-button control scheme. Would the DC arcade stick solve that problem?

Hell of alot better than the down grade (U)MVC3 received with a 3 button strength system with a dedicated launcher button :roll:

How would an arcade stick solve this issue in xuch a manner??? It's not like it can magically alter the games control scheme from its original concept to a MVC1 control scheme :lol:

No. 5 and 6 are dedicated for character assists for A and B support characters on a team as well at Snapbacks.

How is MVC 2 on the original xbox?

It's only slightly better than the PS2 version, But still inferior to the DC version.
JC48573
128-bit

Post by JC48573 »

CD AGES wrote:
My only quirk about the DC version of MVC2 is that the 6-button scheme has been downgraded to a 4-button control scheme. Would the DC arcade stick solve that problem?

Hell of alot better than the down grade (U)MVC3 received with a 3 button strength system with a dedicated launcher button :roll:

How would an arcade stick solve this issue in xuch a manner??? It's not like it can magically alter the games control scheme from its original concept to a MVC1 control scheme :lol:

No. 5 and 6 are dedicated for character assists for A and B support characters on a team as well at Snapbacks.

How is MVC 2 on the original xbox?

It's only slightly better than the PS2 version, But still inferior to the DC version.

I was also confused because I always thought MVC2 was always a 4 button scheme with 2 assist buttons. It was simplified from the very beginning for casual play. I heard that xbox version was plagued by the "fog" that took away/hide away some of the backgrounds. PS2 didn't have this problem, but was plagued by slow downs and other glitches.