Sealed Video Games launched competition - 28 games prize

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Re: Sealed Video Games launched competition - 28 games prize

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Retrodude wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:I sympathize with being frustrated at prices rising on stuff lately, but I think trying to pin the blame on sealed collectors is pointing your finger at the wrong place. The rising prices hurt them too, you know. It's not like they banded together and decided they all wanted to pay more for the games they collect.

You're right, they are not entirely to blame. However, I do think they are at least partially responsible for how things have gotten because at least some of them actually pay these ridiculous prices and that only encourages the sellers.

"Hey! That sealed copy of Chrono Trigger sold for 300 bucks! Surely my loose copy is worth at least 90!" No. It isn't.

Sooner or later, there has to be a breaking point where we say "Enough!" and stop feeding the trolls, as it were. Maybe then we can restore some sanity to things. For example, for a game like Chrono Trigger that's in high demand, I could see paying 40, maybe 45, but that should be the limit on stuff that's neither rare nor hard to find. And as for sealed, again, unless we're talking about a low print run, no sealed game should sell for more than 100 no matter how popular it is. This stuff isn't worth as much as people think it is.

Lets face it, retrogaming is an expanding hobby. More people are enjoying it so prices go up as long as the market is willing to pay it. The sealed market has very little to do with this.