Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2013

by noiseredux Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Ack wrote:I picked this up for three reasons: It was cheap, it said Sega on the cover, and I could find no mention of the name SONIC anywhere in the title, so I figured I had a good chance of skipping past some of Sega's recent crap.

yeah, you really dodged a bullet on "recent crap" like Sonic Generations and Sega & Sonic All-Star Racing. :?
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:24 pm

noiseredux wrote:
Ack wrote:I picked this up for three reasons: It was cheap, it said Sega on the cover, and I could find no mention of the name SONIC anywhere in the title, so I figured I had a good chance of skipping past some of Sega's recent crap.

yeah, you really dodged a bullet on "recent crap" like Sonic Generations and Sega & Sonic All-Star Racing. :?

Seconded. Sega has returned to form with Sonic lately. Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, All-Star Racing and All-Star Racing Transformed are the best 3D Sonic products to hit the market, ever.

I do agree that anything before Colors was pretty much horse turd, but for the past few years Sega have been nailing it.
Ack

by Ack Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:54 pm

Interesting. The last Sonic game I paid attention to was...what, Sonic Unleashed? Sonic and the Black Knight? Yeah...
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:48 pm

Ack wrote:Interesting. The last Sonic game I paid attention to was...what, Sonic Unleashed? Sonic and the Black Knight? Yeah...

Yeah, Sonic Generations impressed a lot of racketboy members actually. I thought it was great. I feel like the gaming press unjustly ignored it in 2011 in favor of Rayman Origins
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:50 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:
Ack wrote:Interesting. The last Sonic game I paid attention to was...what, Sonic Unleashed? Sonic and the Black Knight? Yeah...

Yeah, Sonic Generations impressed a lot of racketboy members actually. I thought it was great. I feel like the gaming press unjustly ignored it in 2011 in favor of Rayman Origins

I think a bunch of us put it in our Top 10 Games of 2011. Myself included. Sonic Generations was incredible.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:55 pm

noiseredux wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:

I think a bunch of us put it in our Top 10 Games of 2011. Myself included. Sonic Generations was incredible.

Levels like this really impress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m03YiP5S78o
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:Levels like this really impress:

yeah I got the game thinking I was excited to play all these 2D levels in HD but truthfully, the 3D levels were so well done that a lot of them ended up being my favorites.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:42 am

noiseredux wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:Levels like this really impress:

yeah I got the game thinking I was excited to play all these 2D levels in HD but truthfully, the 3D levels were so well done that a lot of them ended up being my favorites.

I prefer the 2D levels, but every level is something else. GENERATIONS is the first Sonic game in a long time to play like a Sonic game and was one of my favorite games released in 2011.

And Ryan mentioned that the Sonic cart game for the 3DS is probably the best kart racer, ever. High praise from a guy who knows his kart racers.
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

by FerretGamer Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:47 am

Interesting, I might have to crack the seal on Sonic Generations and play it sooner rather than later.
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:04 pm

Luke wrote:And Ryan mentioned that the Sonic cart game for the 3DS is probably the best kart racer, ever. High praise from a guy who knows his kart racers.

Yup (also out on WiiU, 360, PS3, and soon PC).

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed and Sonic Generations are probably the best Sonic games to come out since Sonic 3. I say that with complete honesty. Every Sonic and Sega fan should play both of them.

Starting up RE: Revelations today...
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Return to General Gaming