Games Beaten 2013

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2013

Post by emwearz »

Total for 2013: 2

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - PC
When this game first game out I was hot off finishing ACII and could not wait to play it, despite so many people praising this game I found it was more of the same, with a less interesting story and side missions that were boring, I did not finish it back then because I got bored and trailed off.

I recently received a copy of ACIII and decided it was time to finish Brotherhood, so I started again and found most of the same problems I had with it on my first play through, the story does pick up a bit at the end, but I found it overall a fairly average game, not as strong as II, very much more of the same, with a weaker story and a few gameplay tweaks

Hotline Miami - PC
This game is fun, fresh and fairly addictive. Exactly why I love indie games, it has a grungy 80's feel to it, the gameplay reminds me of Super Meat Boy meats GTA, you will find yourself doing the same level over and over while trying out slightly different tactics. The mask system, which is the games power up system, was a great idea.

My only complaint was that it has issues with Win8 64bit, but that fault is with the engine (Game Maker) it was created in, also had some steamworks issues (overlay not working, achievements not showing up on the overlay).

Really fun title.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

1. Assassin's Creed 3 - 1/6/2013
2. Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 (Gamecube) - 1/11/2013

Phantasy Star Online is one of those games I will be able to play until I die and never tire of it. I can pick it up after not playing for a while, and I remember every little intricate detail. I know where secrets are, how to elude enemies, and get into this great rhythm with the game. The gameplay is repetitive and the only nagging thing is repositioning the camera at times. So, I turned it on this week, and killed Dark Falz in 10 hours with a completely new character. Now I'm feeling ambitious to get online and have some fun with it on a few private servers. I have a hunch I'll be at this one for a while.
NihonRobot
24-bit

Post by NihonRobot »

1. Liberation Maiden (3DS) - 1/6
2. Dead Space (360) - 1/11

Game #2 just happens to be a replay. My girlfriend wants to get caught up on the whole Dead Space story before 3 comes out next month, so we're playing through 1, 2 and Extraction to get ready.

This is the third time I've finished Dead Space, but the first time since the year it came out (2008) and I have to say it's even better than I remembered. Still spooky, still gripping and still intense. You really feel like Isaac is an average engineer scrambling to survive in a hopeless situation rather than a badass action hero. This game totally holds up.
Razzmatazz
64-bit

Post by Razzmatazz »

Pokemon Black Version 2.

First Pokemon game I have completed since Blue on the grey Gameboy. I found it incredibly addictive but surprisingly easy. I beat all gym leaders and the elite four plus final boss, using one pokemon (Samurott - finishing level 79) and a bunch of low level others (20-35 in the end). I have no desire to go back to strenghten my team though, moving onto The World Ends With You.
Currently playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Check out my album reviews at the home of rap reviews, http://www.rapreviews.com (NEW SITE COMING 2015)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

1. NHL '94 (SCD)

Beat the Playoffs with Boston. Still holds up as an incredible hockey game all these years later. Love it.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

noiseredux wrote:1. NHL '94 (SCD)

Beat the Playoffs with Boston. Still holds up as an incredible hockey game all these years later. Love it.

You mean "won the Stanley Cup" right?

Man you can't beat Neely, Juneau, Bourque, Sweeny, Oates and Moog protecting the crease.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

1. Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead - PC (January 2)
2. America's Army - Arcade (January 12)

I don't beat many new arcade games often, but this was a 1cc. It's a light gun game that gives you 8 different real-life challenges, and with each one completed, the difficulty level increases for the remaining games.

I was expecting a Last Starfighter-like sequence where the US Army would be outside waiting for me to draft me in when I was finished :lol:
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Luke wrote:You mean "won the Stanley Cup" right?

oh uh.. yeah. Not a "hockey guy" so my terminology may be off haha.
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

noiseredux wrote:
Luke wrote:You mean "won the Stanley Cup" right?

oh uh.. yeah. Not a "hockey guy" so my terminology may be off haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLJ_98QGSSQ
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

- Bare Knuckle III (Genesis)
- Megaman 5 (PS2)*
- Final Fight 2 (SNES)

* = replay

Never was the biggest Final Fight fan, but it's about time I hit up some of the sequels. The second game was definitely just... alright, pretty fun to run through in an easy 30-60 minutes if even, but yeah. Not much else to say and one I probably won't go back too. I'll probably hit up Final Fight 3 sometime soon and see how that goes, it definitely looks a lot different than the first two so that could be good, nice to see Guy back too.