Games Beaten 2013

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

Re: Games Beaten 2013

Post by Ack »

Luke wrote:
Ack wrote:Hey Luke, did the recent Kickstarter campaign get you interested in going back to the Mutant Leagues?

It's one of my favorite Genesis games actually, but seeing the kickstarter article/video/advert did make me turn from the Super Star Wars series to Mutant League. They're nothing but fun.

They do lack a challenge, but again...so fun. I think a harder feat than winning the Blood Bowl would to max out the time, have no reserves, and set the violence to Annihilation. It makes the game a bit of "whoever hits first wins" game as you just about destroy every player.

But like most of my older games, I've had it and played it since I picked it up. But man, MLF never gets old.

On the one hand, I'm glad to see you go back to a childhood favorite. On the other hand, it's Super Star Wars!

Then again, I own all three and have never beaten a Super Star Wars game. But then I really haven't spent that much time trying. I've barely played Empire or Jedi, and the farthest I have gotten was Mos Eisley in A New Hope. I may sit down soon and give it a shot later this year, but I've got a few other games I hinted at playing that folks have advocated for. Maybe I'll finally get around to beating Mickey Mania. I admit that all the hype about their difficulty makes me nervous though.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Ack wrote:hand, it's Super Star Wars!

Then again, I own all three and have never beaten a Super Star Wars game.

EEEEK!

DUDE! You've got to beat the games. Go on Normal mode if need be, but if you love Star Wars, you've got to complete the game trilogy. Saber battles with Darth, flying through Cloud City, "learning" the force, taking down AT-ATs and AT-STs...so much fun. They capture the Star Wars vibe so well.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Luke wrote:

EEEEK!

DUDE! You've got to beat the games. Go on Normal mode if need be, but if you love Star Wars, you've got to complete the game trilogy. Saber battles with Darth, flying through Cloud City, "learning" the force, taking down AT-ATs and AT-STs...so much fun. They capture the Star Wars vibe so well.

Perhaps more importantly...they capture the pre-sequels Star Wars vibe incredibly well...They are a lot of fun, but they are incredibly challenging (and not always in a good way...). I made it through the first, but I have never completed The Empire Strikes Back of Return of the Jedi.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Luke wrote:

EEEEK!

Sure, but as a kid growing up, I had the NES Star Wars games to play, so I never really got into the Super Star Wars series. Why bother with them when I could explore desert caves on Tatooine, take down AT-ATs with nothing but a grappling hook, a lightsaber, and a thermal detonator, and search for Yoda in Dagobah?

I'll spend more time with them though. I'll probably focus on Empire, since it's my favorite film of the series.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Ack wrote:
Luke wrote:

EEEEK!

Sure, but as a kid growing up, I had the NES Star Wars games to play, so I never really got into the Super Star Wars series. Why bother with them when I could explore desert caves on Tatooine, take down AT-ATs with nothing but a grappling hook, a lightsaber, and a thermal detonator, and search for Yoda in Dagobah?

I'll spend more time with them though. I'll probably focus on Empire, since it's my favorite film of the series.

I had the Atari 2600 Empire Strikes Back as a kid. Why would I get the NES or SNES versions?!?! Ok, lots of reasons and so I did. :)
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Stark wrote:
Ack wrote:Sure, but as a kid growing up, I had the NES Star Wars games to play, so I never really got into the Super Star Wars series. Why bother with them when I could explore desert caves on Tatooine, take down AT-ATs with nothing but a grappling hook, a lightsaber, and a thermal detonator, and search for Yoda in Dagobah?

I had the Atari 2600 Empire Strikes Back as a kid. Why would I get the NES or SNES versions?!?! Ok, lots of reasons and so I did. :)

Yeah...well...I had the Kenner Star Wars Battle Command; so, why would I get the 2600, NES, or SNES versions?!?!
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

I still play my cib copy of Empire for the 2600.

It's a love/hate thing. The sound of the AT-ATS getting closer and closer terrified a young Luke.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Luke wrote:I still play my cib copy of Empire for the 2600.

It's a love/hate thing. The sound of the AT-ATS getting closer and closer terrified a young Luke.

Until you were calmed by the soothing voice of Obi-wan Kenobi and told to "Feel the Force"?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Stark wrote:
Luke wrote:I still play my cib copy of Empire for the 2600.

Until you were calmed by the soothing voice of Obi-wan Kenobi and told to "Feel the Force"?

Nah. Usually my Father would walk into the living room, turn of the system and tv and announce that it was bed time.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Yup. Play Super Star Wars, and ESB on the 2600. Used to love the Smart Bomb variation (Game 5) myself.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.