Games Beaten 2013

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2013

Post by Jmustang1968 »

I only knew of the definition of plodding or slow pace.

But either way, I wasnt being a dick, I was really asking. If he wants to feel he has 'beaten' them then great. It isnt like there is a competition. The lists are for personal use.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'd argue that a sports game has a very defined goal and really is less nebulous in defining beating it than lots of other games.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

How about Games Shagged 2014?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Stark wrote:How about Games Shagged 2014?

Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

noiseredux wrote:I'd argue that a sports game has a very defined goal and really is less nebulous in defining beating it than lots of other games.

So I play a single game and win, did that define beating the game? They have franchise modes, single player career modes, and all sorts of other mini-game modes. You can play in coach mode only where you sim the games.

To me they are games set up for the long haul and one which you truly dont beat.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

AppleQueso wrote:Someone should start keeping a tally of how long this thread can go without anyone contesting whether a given game is actually "beatable."
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

AppleQueso wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:Someone should start keeping a tally of how long this thread can go without anyone contesting whether a given game is actually "beatable."

I wasnt initially trying to contest. I was just asking how you can because when someone says I have beaten madden 08, I have no idea what they mean.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

really long response deleted, because really:

Jmustang1968 wrote:So I play a single game and win, did that define beating the game?

:roll:
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

noiseredux wrote:really long response deleted, because really:

Jmustang1968 wrote:So I play a single game and win, did that define beating the game?

Well technically the gameplay is summed up in a single game of 1 team vs another. Seasons and franchise modes just string those games together. So I could see someone making a case that they go into a 'play now' and win and say they beat the game. Many older sports games dont even have perpetual or season modes of play.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Jmustang1968 wrote:
noiseredux wrote:really long response deleted, because really:

Well technically the gameplay is summed up in a single game of 1 team vs another. Seasons and franchise modes just string those games together. So I could see someone making a case that they go into a 'play now' and win and say they beat the game. Many older sports games dont even have perpetual or season modes of play.

I beat Super Mario Bros. when I cleared the flag on 1-1 because all subsequent levels are just variations on this with the same goal.