Games Beaten 2013

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2013

Post by ExedExes »

Luke wrote:Is it possible to beat SPY HUNTER on the NES or PS2?

You can beat SUPER Spy Hunter on the NES, which is just Spy Hunter in the loosest terms possible (it was a totally different game in Japan called Battle Formula). You'd probably have more fun with it too.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

1. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - PC
2. Hotline Miami - PC
3. Assassin's Creed: Revelations - PC
4. Skate 2 - 360
5. Deponia - PC
6. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - PS3
7. Borderlands 2 - Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty [DLC] - PC
8. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - 360
9. Assassin's Creed III - PC
10. The Journey Down: Chapter One‏ - PC
11. Aliens: Colonial Marines - PC
12. Tomb Raider - PC
13. Hitman: Absolution - PC
14. BioShock Infinite - PC
15. Half-Life: Opposing Force - PC
16. Super Mario 3D Land - 3DS
17. Gunstar Future Heroes (Gunstar Super Heroes) - GBA
18. Dragon Quest - SNES *Via Emulation
19. Quake - PC
20. Spec Ops: The Line - PC
21. Crysis 3 - PC
22. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - PC
23. Doom 3 via DOOM 3: BFG Edition - PC
24. Ultimate Doom via DOOM 3: BFG Edition - PC
25. Primordia- PC
26. Call of Duty: Black Ops II - 360

Total for 2013: 26

Primordia- PC
The story and world in this game are amazing, the stuff amazing cyberpunk films are made of. The world in the game is populated by robots, who view humanity as gods of sorts, the "All Creators", pair that with a duo of likeable main characters with really good voice acting and you have a great adventure game too look forward to.

There were a few times I was stuck (I don't use FAQ) that took me a few days of constantly looking to get passed, mostly puzzles that involved coming back to do something you had already done before, but after you have spoken to someone, etc. I hate that in adventure games, but it is what it is.

They also implemented a system where you can tackle some puzzles in different ways, which slightly changes the ending of the game (of which there are quite a few, but most you can see by just changing something in the last 30 seconds of the game), which is a nice addition.

Overall Wadget eye have published (some they made as well) some of the best adventure games I have played in recent years (Gemini Rue, The Blackwell Series, etc).

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - 360
The only reason I got this game is because it was $5 at a Opshop (Thrift Store) and I figured, what the hell I have some Gold time I am just letting sit there. The online is the same shit you have been playing for years, no need to talk about it.

The single player was an interesting approach, I felt it started fairly weak and boring but once it started to bring in characters from the first Black Ops and connect the stories, I started to become much more interested. They also implemented "multiple play routes" where you can choose to kill a person, save a person and it changes how the game plays out, it does this, really on a minimal level.

The "future" are by far more boring than the "past" scenes but overall I like that they at least were trying something new.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Violent By Design wrote:Should you just skip straight to Metal Gear 2? Or do you need to play Metal Gear 1?

Metal Gear 1? Is that like when people mistakenly call Sonic The Hedgehog "Sonic 1" or is there another MG game I don't know about?

1. Batman Genesis
2. Golden Axe Sega CD
3. Streets if Rage Sega CD (I'm keeping the typo)
4. Streets of Rage 2 Genesis
5. Super Mario Bros. 2 NES
6. TMNT Fall of the Foot Clan Gameboy
7. TMNT 2 The Arcade Game NES
8. TMNT Hyperstone Heist Genesis
9. Call of Duty Black Ops 360
10. Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis
11. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Genesis
12. Sonic CD Sega CD
13. Kung-Fu NES
14. Mega Man 2 NES
15. Out of This World SNES
16. Flashback SNES
17. Altered Beast Genesis
18. Pit-Fighter Genesis
19. Aladdin Genesis
20. Aladdin SNES
21. Ghosts n' Goblins NES, twice
22. Contra NES
23. Bionic Commando NES
24. Strider NES
25. Batman NES
26. Duck Tales NES
27. Ninja Gaiden NES x 2
28. Super Mario Bros. 3 NES
29. Lakers Vs. Celtics and the NBA Playoffs Genesis
30. Jackal NES
31. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! NES
32. Bayou Billy NES
33. Skate or Die NES
34. Captain Skyhawk NES
35. Super Mario Bros. NES
36. Friday The 13th NES
37. Totally Rad NES
38. Shatterhand NES
39. Twisted Metal Black PS2
40. Tekken 3 Bleamcast
41. Tekken Tag Tournament PS2
42. Tekken 4 PS2
43. Tekken 5 PS2
44. Tekken 6 360
45. Pro Wrestling NES
46. Tecmo Wrestling NES
47. Tag Team Wrestling NES
48. Marvel's Ultimate Alliance 2 360
49. Jurassic Park Genesis
50. Excitebike NES

51. Willy Beamish Sega CD
52. Sewer Shark Sega CD
53. Jurassic Park Sega CD
54. Star Wars Rebel Assault Sega CD
55. NHL '94 Sega CD
56. Spider-Man vs. Kingpin Sega CD
57. Ironsword NES
58. TMNT Return from the Sewers Gameboy
59. Duck Tales Gameboy
60. Duck Tales 2 Gameboy
61. Super Mario Land Gameboy
62. Super Marion Land 2 Gameboy
63. Strider GBA
64. Bionic Commando GBA
65. Golden Axe GBA
66. Mini Final Fight GBA
67. Tetris Gameboy
68. F-1 Race Gameboy
69. Home Alone Gameboy
70. Road Rash Genesis
71. Rambo III Genesis
72. Shinobi III Genesis
73. LHX Attack Chopper Genesis
74. StarFox SNES
75. Final Fight SNES
76. Madden '94 SNES
77. Donkey Kong Country SNES
78. NCAA Basketball 2008 360
79. Vectorman Genesis
80. Vectorman 2 Genesis
81. Actraiser VC
82. Child Of Eden 360
83. The Duel Test Drive II Genesis
84. Hard Drivin' Genesis
85. Dr. Mario NES
86. Super Mario Kart SNES
87. Super Mario World SNES
88. Metal Gear NES
89. E.T 2600 *new*

I believe it is the only 2600 game I own that you can technically beat. Maybe you can beat Crystal Castles, but I don't remember any ending (not that ET has a great ending).

I still like the game. You hover, evade the cops and FBI, collect parts, and get the dodge out of hell. Pretty sweet music and sfx for the 2600 too.
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Post by Violent By Design »

Luke wrote:
Violent By Design wrote:Should you just skip straight to Metal Gear 2? Or do you need to play Metal Gear 1?

Metal Gear 1? Is that like when people mistakenly call Sonic The Hedgehog "Sonic 1" or is there another MG game I don't know about?

Erm, Metal Gear 1 isn't its title but it is the first Metal Gear so it's not incorrect ~_~.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Games Beaten 2013
1. BF3(PC)
2. Driver San Fransisco(PC)
3. Inversion(PC)
4. Xcom Enemy Unknown(PC)
5. Lord of the Rings War In the North(PC)
6. Deponia(PC)
7. Medal of Honor(PC)
8. Medal of Honor: Warfigther(PC) AKA Door Breach SIM 2012
9. Kingdom Hearts(PS2) 5/26/13
10. Where's Waldo(NES) 6/2/13
11. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3(360) 6/16/13
12. Airlock(Atari 2600) 6/20/13
13. Adventure(Atari 2600) 7/1/13
14. Eco Fighters(PSP Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded) 7/5/13
15. The Last of Us(PS3) 7/10/13
16. Bioshock Infinite(PS3) 7/19/13

At first I didn't really care for it but it grew on me and I managed to blow through it in 2 sittings. This was also the first Bioshock game I have beaten. I have played the first one and own the second one but I could never finish them :P. Think the main factor that kept me going Elizabeth she was very well written.

Overall I would give the game a 9/10. I do think the hype around the game is a bit much having now played through it, but it is a very good game.

The Good:
1. Elizabeth is awesome as a AI companion. She gives great support both in and out of battle providing items(ammo, health, salt(mp)) as you need them, she is invincible, she interacts with the environment well, and her voice acting is spot on.

2. The game play is right on target. Guns and powers work very well and there are a large variety of them. I did however find my self sticking to 3 weapons and 2 powers 90% of the time.

3. For the most part the story is great. The main story is very well done as are the back stories for Dewitt, Comstock, and Elizabeth. However I didn't find myself to impressed with some of the other cast members like Daisy, Fink, and Slate.

4, Trying not to spoil it I can only say that there is an awesome reference to the other Bioshock games at one point.

Neutral:
1. Maneuvering on the rails is well done, but not half as fun as I was expecting it to be :P. Really if anything I felt the sky hook felt under utilized to me with the rails and hook system really being limited. Most of the rail systems only circle a small area and I mainly ended up using them as a means of escaping enemy fire long enough to get my shields back up.

2. The ending while acceptable and "good" in its own way. However I am a guy that gets pretty well invested in characters and I always like a happy ending so It was kind of disappointing, but then again happy endings don't happen that often anymore in games so I'm used to the bitter sweet taste of a "memorable" conclusion. At the very end of the credits there is an extra scene that gives me some hope, but the likelihood that that gets fleshed out with a direct sequel with the same lead character is very unlikely so I will have to settle for this most likely being the last I see of either character outside of DLC side stories.

3. Rapture>Columbia(In my opinion). While Colombia and it's citizens were interesting I found things to be a little to bright visually at times and that combined with the vast open expanse of the sky in a way took a lot of the tension I can remember from the first two games out of the experience. I felt secure in knowing that in 80% of the environments there were no dark corners to hide in and I rarely felt backed into a corner.

4, Loading. Loading itself was not bad however I did get hit by load screens in odd locations a few times. It only happened on a rare occasion but i occasionally got load screens while running through the streets. I would just be running along in the middle of an area and bam the game would freeze for 5 seconds to load. By no means was it game breaking, but it did break my immersion every time it happened.

5. Was really expecting the Song Bird to get more screen time then he did :P.

Bad:
1. The brightness issue I mentioned previously. Adjusting the brightness seemed to do very little. No matter if I set it on the highest or lowest settings I noticed very little change in the visual indicators I was provided with. The difference in the settings felt like going from extremely bright to very bright. This resulted in some of the outdoor areas especially early on having alot of sun glare which maybe is what they were going for, but it took a while for me to get used to it.

2. Fog. The fog they used to help obscure distant textures in some areas was extremely annoying. It would pop in and out very noticeably at times and on multiple occasions I found my self running into an area only to be hit with a cloud of extremely thick fog.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

I beat Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion today, after 28 hours of playtime. I'm sure there's many more hours left if I complete all the sidequests, but I'm ready to move on to Skyrim now. My character was a Breton who specialized in heavy armor, blades, and magic, so my experience was very combat-oriented. I didn't find the way the game keeps enemies at the player's level too frustrating, but I think I prefer the more traditional way of things. I'd like to be able to complete an early sidequest late in the game with ease. It was a fun experience though, and I wish I hadn't waited until the game was so old before I bought it.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

1. Thomas Was Alone - PC
2. Sam & Max Save the World - The whole season - PC, GOG versions
3. Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space - The whole season - PC, GOG versions
4. Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse - Episode 1 - PC, GOG version
5. Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse - Episode 2 - PC, GOG version
6. Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse - Episode 3 - PC, GOG version
7. The Walking Dead Series - PC
8. Sly Thieves in Time - PS3
9. Guacamelee - PS3
10. Castlevania: Mirror of Fate - 3DS
11. Resident Evil Revelation - 3DS
12. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - 3DS
13. Samurai Warriors Chronicles -3DS
14. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - Vita
15. Shinovi Versus - Vita
16. Fire Emblem Awakening - 3DS
17. Dokuro - Vita
18. Nun Attack - Vita
19. Hotline Miami - Vita

Bloodrayne Betrayal - PS3

Ugh, what an annoying game. This game feels like the work of a bunch of 12 year old hacks making their first ever homebrew game. It's so sloppy and amateurish. The controls are hit and miss. Her combos are unreliable because they are so random. Every time I was hoping for her combo that sends the enemy flying across the screen into other enemies, she would instead do one that lifts the enemy in the air. Her air drop kick attack, useful for knocking enemies backward, is always a gamble, because she might just decide to simply slash the enemy with her blades instead of the move you're ACTUALLY TRYING TO DO.

The game's level design is cheap and annoying. Ask anyone who has played stage 13. Most stages are just a series of super sadistic platform challenges. Then, there are these shitty sections where you have to fly around as a bird with shitty controls. Yeah, someone actually came up with that when they were designing this game and thought it was a cool idea :roll:

Idiots

Enemy encounters are all trial and error as you try to figure out the exact way the designers want you to get through each battle without taking lots of damage. Good reflexes and skill won't do jack, because there's a trick to every fight, like using an explosive barrel at just the right time or using the environment in some way. You always have to memorize each enemy wave in order to be ready for it. The game's design is very forced and restrictive, even by old school standards.

Combat blows. You can't cancel Bloodrayne's attack animations, which sucks. She's slippery to control too.

The game is just so not fun. I need to go play something like Dust: An Elysium Tail, Guacamelee, or Mark of the Ninja just so I can be reminded of what a polished, well designed, FUN game feels like. I need a palette cleanser after playing this one
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Oh, and last but not least, Bloodrayne Betrayal's boss fights rank among the worst boss fights I have ever seen in a 2D game. If I did a top ten worst boss fights list, they'd be on it.

Not a single good boss fight in the game. If you compare them to a Castlevania game, which seems to be this game's inspiration, it's just insulting to Castlevania
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Thanks. I got this ages ago on PS+, guess I may as well just uninstall it unplayed!
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

You don't need to play it, but there's really no reason not to. It's a really good game and it's pretty short. It's interesting to see where Kojima's humor that is present throughout the franchise, and some of the mainstays even, all started.