Games Acquired 2013

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Fuzzy_Cthulhu
8-bit

Re: Games Acquired 2013

Post by Fuzzy_Cthulhu »

Finally arrived. Only disappointment was that Bangai O doesn't support the VGA connection- boo :(
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

I picked up some more stuff. I've had Anarchy Reigns on pre-order from Amazon since June and it is out for delivery today (YAY.) The other pickups are just some smaller stuff to round out my Wii collection (how can I say no to a decent Wii game for $1.79). In addition, I had a weird itch to play Wet so I picked up a copy for the PS3 and also grabbed Naruto while I was at it.

January:

Wii:
Emergency Heroes - $6.67
Deadly Creatures - $14.30
Dragon Quest: Swords - $4.76
Sam and Max: S2 - $4.76
A Boy and His Blob - $12.99
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - $33.38
Battalion Wars - $7.62
Mercury Meltdown Revolution - $1.90
Samurai Warriors 3 - $12.87

PS3:
WET - $9.53
Anarchy Reigns - $29.95

360:
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja - $9.53

Total $ - $148.26
Total Games - 12
Avg PPG - $12.35
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

I went into Wal-Greens today just to use the bathroom while I was in that part of town, and as I walked by the Christmas section, they had an Atari Flashback 4 console, brand-new, for 75% off. $9.99 for 75 games! What's funny, is that they had an Atari Flashback 3, with less games on it, for $40 because it was a regular item, not a Christmas item. That was a steal! And it was the last one on the shelf!
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

This came in the mail yesterday. Thank you, Amazon.

I'm not sure how I managed to get what looks like a pre-order copy, but I'm not going to complain.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Michi wrote:I'm not sure how I managed to get what looks like a pre-order copy, but I'm not going to complain.

Lotta times those things aren't so much preorder copies but first-run copies.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

isiolia wrote:
Michi wrote:I'm not sure how I managed to get what looks like a pre-order copy, but I'm not going to complain.

And sometimes all but one of the first-run copies sells out, the new shipment comes in, and they're placed in front of the old copy on the rack. And it keeps happening over and over for months until eventually someone grabs the copy from the back. The Walmart I work at has a launch copy of New Vegas for the 360 lying around somewhere, with that orange sticker across the top of the box. That game came out over two years ago.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

BoringSupreez wrote:
isiolia wrote:

And sometimes all but one of the first-run copies sells out, the new shipment comes in, and they're placed in front of the old copy on the rack. And it keeps happening over and over for months until eventually someone grabs the copy from the back. The Walmart I work at has a launch copy of New Vegas for the 360 lying around somewhere, with that orange sticker across the top of the box. That game came out over two years ago.

Hey, like I said. Not complaining. Especially when it comes with an art-book and music, two of my favorite extras, when I wasn't expecting it. I'm sure it's not unheard of, it just surprised me, is all. At least it was a nice surprise, though :)
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Sometimes those limited editions last a long time. My local Best Buy is still stocked with the fat copies of The Last Story with the soundtrack and artbook included.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

January:

Beach Spikers (Gamecube)

NEWEST --

Mario Golf Toadstool Tour (Gamecube)

Finally, a Nintendo made game I didn't have to break the bank to get. Best feature is the ability to import a created character from Mario Golf Advance Tour (GBA)!
Last edited by ExedExes on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

So far I've picked up Viewpoint (PS1 longbox), Magic Knight Rayearth (US Cib), Oh No More Zombies ate my Neighbors (snes hack repro) plus some manuals and covers I needed, good year thus far. And since everyones updating their collection threads I'll post some updated pics there soon too! :mrgreen:
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.