Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Does Simpsons Hit and Run get any better?

by o.pwuaioc Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:46 pm

Title says it all. I'm on the fourth or fifth race and I dunno, I just find this whole thing just boring. The racing segments are lackluster and everything else is just fetch quests with a time limit. Yawn. Does this game ever get interesting?
Ack

Re: Does Simpsons Hit and Run get any better?

by Ack Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:54 pm

I admit, I don't recall it ever getting better.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Ack

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by Ack Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:00 pm

I have written short stories that I still do edit passes on a decade later. I work in film and television production, and half the time is spent moving equipment and making sure no one can read the labels on anything, while the other half is watching repetition and yelling at the sound guy because the boom is in the fucking shot AGAIN. Today I did a locations gig: 200+ photos of stove tops. I wrote a screenplay; it took months to plan, to chart, and to sit and write, and I may have more months of edits on top of the next screenplay.

All of it takes work. I have spent hours agonizing over a word in an article I was writing or a sentence in a paper. If you love it, great, but to put something out there is to love and hate it and yourself at the same time.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:02 am

well I didn't say its fun to make a movie or publish a novel and people hate on it, I just feel its worse when its a videogame...
marurun

by marurun Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:03 am

RCBH928 wrote:well I didn't say its fun to make a movie or publish a novel and people hate on it, I just feel its worse when its a videogame...

I don't think it's any worse. I think it's the same. Video games are just another creative medium where people put in lots of work and struggle to find an audience. For creative types who want to be seen and recognized it's the same problem as has always existed.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to General Gaming