Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
PretentiousHipster
128-bit

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by PretentiousHipster Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:25 pm

I just hope that employees won't be blamed for this. They had no say in its release date, and of course mistakes were made when they were under crunch time. Management should be blamed for this. I did see a post that apparently in a zoom meeting the employees stood up to management which is great.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:54 pm

All I am saying is that you will get your money's worth if you wait a month or two. I am sure all people who paid for this game want to play it. You didn't get what you paid for now but sooner than later you will. If you paid for it and now you are upset so much that even if the game is flawless 6 months from now you will still not play it, I will stick by your side but I think we all want this game to turn out well and enjoy.

The lesson here is never announce a game unless its mostly done, don't announce a release date unless its nearly done. I dont get why you announce a game 3-4 years earlier. 12 months should build all the hype you need.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:59 pm

Wish I knew about these sweet looking kicks earlier, hell pretty much anything cool game related I'm late on lol. Of course can't find my size anywhere. Like I would wear them though.

https://www.hibbett.com/puma-future-rid ... DUEALw_wcB
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:14 am

I have seen some videos of people gifting their kids ps5s. If I had a kid I don't think I want him to play ps5 its very adult oriented, its not a SNES or sega genesis. In addition, in our connected digital age I would push more towards having a life more "offline".

On the flip side, I also don't want to forbid him his childhood and let him grow up forever scared he never got a playstation as a kid because his "backwards" parents wouldn't let him.
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:58 am

RCBH928 wrote:I have seen some videos of people gifting their kids ps5s. If I had a kid I don't think I want him to play ps5 its very adult oriented, its not a SNES or sega genesis. In addition, in our connected digital age I would push more towards having a life more "offline".

On the flip side, I also don't want to forbid him his childhood and let him grow up forever scared he never got a playstation as a kid because his "backwards" parents wouldn't let him.

I think it depends on the age and experience of the kid. I definitely would not get my kid a ps5 as their first gaming console, but if they were a teen with some years of gaming under them then it would be fine.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:56 pm

It's funny reading all the Facebook comments on people selling ps5 for so much. Which got me thinking and playing devil's advocate. I know the situation is different but technically the same. so I'm supposed to sell panzer dragoon saga for the original price as well? Am I not supposed to expect market value? And most of these people bitching on Facebook aren't collectors that have games that have value. And then there's "well because you'll be able to buy a ps5 at regular price soon". Take that argument out of it. We're in the now, not the when. I can see both sides. And I say that to say this. My grail is a mint magic knight rayearth. If someone's dumb enough to give me ebay value, that's pretty much the same thing.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:50 pm

stickem wrote:It's funny reading all the Facebook comments on people selling ps5 for so much. Which got me thinking and playing devil's advocate. I know the situation is different but technically the same. so I'm supposed to sell panzer dragoon saga for the original price as well? Am I not supposed to expect market value? And most of these people bitching on Facebook aren't collectors that have games that have value. And then there's "well because you'll be able to buy a ps5 at regular price soon". Take that argument out of it. We're in the now, not the when. I can see both sides. And I say that to say this. My grail is a mint magic knight rayearth. If someone's dumb enough to give me ebay value, that's pretty much the same thing.

From what I saw, the people who are mostly targeted are the scalpers who use bots to automatically buy stock and then turn around and sell it for hundreds more than the original.

If a bunch of people hoarded all the MKR and then flipped them for a huge profit, I'd say those people are shitty, too.

That said, PS5 is dumb. Just wait a year, folks. :roll:
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:33 pm

Any one know a racing game that has Mercedes-Benz in it on the original Xbox or possibly Dreamcast? It might be a Mercedes only cars.

o.pwuaioc wrote:
That said, PS5 is dumb. Just wait a year, folks. :roll:

There isn't really much to be played on new consoles, and the games that make use of the new hardware only comes later on . I would say at least 2 years in, and its even worse now with diminishing returns because we won't have a jump like SNES -> N64. I still look back at Dreamcast launch titles though, there was like 10 games that offered much more than PSX+N64 (capability wise). But I believe thats the US launch, Japan had it a year earlier and I don't know their "real" launch titles.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:57 pm

RCBH928 wrote:Any one know a racing game that has Mercedes-Benz in it on the original Xbox or possibly Dreamcast? It might be a Mercedes only cars.

If the latter, you may be thinking of Mercedes-Benz World Racing. If the former...likely most of them with licensed vehicles. Some DC to X-Box connections there might be Metropolis Street Racer to Project Gotham Racing or the Sega GT series.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 pm

isiolia wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:Any one know a racing game that has Mercedes-Benz in it on the original Xbox or possibly Dreamcast? It might be a Mercedes only cars.

If the latter, you may be thinking of Mercedes-Benz World Racing. If the former...likely most of them with licensed vehicles. Some DC to X-Box connections there might be Metropolis Street Racer to Project Gotham Racing or the Sega GT series.

It might be Mercedes-Benz World Racing, I will have to look up some video reviews. Thanks!
Return to General Gaming