Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
PretentiousHipster
128-bit

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by PretentiousHipster Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:59 am

o.pwuaioc wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:Seems like it got removed from the store too though. I don't think CDPR mentioned wanting Sony to do that?

It might have been, but even if not, it's for the best. Let the PC users have their game and the PS4 owners can get a patched version in February. And if a console user really wanted to play it, they can get a physical copy still.

I agree 100%. It's telling that they only gave the PC version to critics. But yea it getting removed the store is definitely the apex of this mess lol haven't seen something like this since Fallout 76
MrPopo

by MrPopo Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:36 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:Seems like it got removed from the store too though. I don't think CDPR mentioned wanting Sony to do that?

From Sony's perspective they want to stick to the idea of "we only offer refunds on broken games", so if they're offering refunds the game must be broken and thus not in a state to be sold in the store.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
marurun

by marurun Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:36 pm

I suspect CDPR and Sony are both OK with that. Otherwise CDPR would be in a mad rush to issue a patch ASAP instead of taking a little extra time on it.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:53 am

People complaining about Cyberpunk are serious brats, just give them time to fix it. We have this developer bringing new IP and taking a risk, its not like they under delivered it just has bugs that will be fixed. I bet a lot of them are teenagers who don't realize the amount of money and work that goes into this to make it possible. They should just give them yet another COD with a new skin.

Maybe CDRP should released it as one of those early access titles then take another year to clear out the bugs.

isiolia wrote:
Still, for CDPR... a somewhat recent financial report gave lifetime Witcher III sales by platform, with relevant bits presented here by Gamespot.
Essentially, on release, PC was second to PS4 for sales, but across the life of the game PC is the top selling platform.

Cyberpunk had about a 60/40 split for digital preorders, PC to console... and those sales alone covered cost of development.

This is a total shocker for me, looks like PC is the most popular platform. I always imagined it was the niche of the elite gamers.
PretentiousHipster
128-bit

by PretentiousHipster Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:59 am

The point is not to release it in its current state. Would you buy a car that breaks down every week because "you'll give them time to recall and fix it?"

This is a perfect summary

https://twitter.com/rubyinnes/status/13 ... 46240?s=20
marurun

by marurun Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:33 am

RCBH928 wrote:People complaining about Cyberpunk are serious brats, just give them time to fix it. We have this developer bringing new IP and taking a risk, its not like they under delivered it just has bugs that will be fixed. I bet a lot of them are teenagers who don't realize the amount of money and work that goes into this to make it possible. They should just give them yet another COD with a new skin.

Wow, no. Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most, if not the most, broken console releases in years. When people pay money for a product we should not expect that the manufacturer or publisher be granted time post-purchase with our money to fix all the relatively basic stuff that should have been functional right out the gate. Sure, non-obvious stuff goes wrong even with physical goods, but CyberP is legit broken. The idea that consumers should expect something functional for their money doesn’t make them brats. These are not entitled whiners who are asking for 120 FPS from a PS1, here.

Maybe CDRP should released it as one of those early access titles then take another year to clear out the bugs.

Maybe they should have, but they didn’t. They pushed it out to full retail still half-baked, and it is perfectly appropriate for buyers to complain and request refunds. Sony delisted the title, so they are clearly in agreement that it wasn’t ready for release. CDPR even admitted they effectively submitted it for approval dishonestly.
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
128-bit

by PretentiousHipster Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:32 am

Looks like Cyberpunk save files become corrupted when they exceed 8 MBs.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:47 am

they already pay in pre-orders so they might as well wait until they fix things and give them a break especially considering the global pandemic. It is said the developers were receiving death threats if they didn't release the game. I bet most if not everyone who requested a refund will go back and buy the game when its fixed.

If they released it forever broken I would agree with everyone but it will be fixed in a month or so, so lets all chill.No harm done.

The corrupted saves sucks though because it means you lost your lifetime hours and now have to do it again so I will give you that.

I am on CDPR side because i want to see new IP and new competition and not forever sequels.
marurun

by marurun Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:09 am

RCBH928 wrote:If they released it forever broken I would agree with everyone but it will be fixed in a month or so, so lets all chill.No harm done. .

What about the part where CDPR admitted they mislead MS and Sony’s approval process to get the game published? I have no problems with people paying pre-orders and waiting to get their game. But people who bought it after release weren’t pre-ordering. Those are the folks who have a right to be annoyed. If it ain’t ready, don’t release it. The death threats are dumb, of course, but I doubt CDPR released this title for fear of their safety. That’s what law enforcement is for.

I am on CDPR side because i want to see new IP and new competition and not forever sequels.

This is a false dichotomy. Sequels get buggy and delayed releases all the time. Halo Infinite has been delayed quite a bit. CDPR’s problem is not that they are releasing new IP.
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:49 pm

RCBH928 wrote:People complaining about Cyberpunk are serious brats, just give them time to fix it. We have this developer bringing new IP and taking a risk, its not like they under delivered it just has bugs that will be fixed. I bet a lot of them are teenagers who don't realize the amount of money and work that goes into this to make it possible. They should just give them yet another COD with a new skin.

I have to completely disagree with this. These are just not minor bugs, but game breaking issues that make the game literally unplayable. There is no excuse for that. A game developer/publisher has an obligation to release a product in a finished state, blaming the consumers for being upset that a game, that they spent their hard earned money on, is literally the equivalent of blaming the victim.

2 things could be true at once, so on one hand, you could give them credit for releasing a new IP, that by most accounts has some incredible potential. I think that is a fair statement, and I agree with that part of it. What is also true is that they released a game that is literally broken and people paid 60+ dollars for. That is unacceptable and they deserve all the hate they are getting for not doing their jobs properly, and their feet should be held to the fire until they fix it.
Return to General Gaming