Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by RCBH928 Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:07 am

I am about to start playing Fable finally(after like 10 years or more of waiting). My understanding this game works by giving you an option of being good and evil, if I choose the evil path will it punish me for it? A lot of games say you have freedom of choice, but they don't give alternate path they make it just difficult with people hunting you, raising prices of everything..etc etc evil mode=hard mode.

and seems like I gave this Radeon HD 7000 too little credit it can run the game in 1024x768x32(whats the last part?) and it looks crisp and beautiful and everything. 4K, 1080P, 120Mhz, 60FPS...who cares! I actually really enjoy this "retro" look, I think its sharp models but blurrier textures. Dreamcastish if you may.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:09 am

Anapan wrote:Is it actually possible to interact a laserdisc player/drive to any modern os? Like could you stream laserdisc media into an emulator with a small modification, or is it necessary to have DAC pre-convert it to a file?

I am not sure what you are asking but I know LaserDisc standard predates the personal computer for the most part, and every OS out there unless its Unix. My best bet is its equivalent to VHS, if it can be done with VHS it can be done with LaserDisc.
marurun

by marurun Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:56 am

Anapan wrote:Is it actually possible to interact a laserdisc player/drive to any modern os? Like could you stream laserdisc media into an emulator with a small modification, or is it necessary to have DAC pre-convert it to a file?

Unlike CDs, where the content is fundamentally digital, I believe LD content is recorded in an analog format. So you’d have to digitize the content on the disc through an analog pathway no matter what your interface was.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:14 pm

So, when doing a replay of 3D Mario games, do y’all go for all 120 stars or just get the main levels done and call it good? Just curious, I find some of the stars very boring to get.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:21 pm

Super Mario 64 is the only 3D Mario game that I've played multiple times. There might have been a few times over the years that I didn't get all 120, but still more than the minimum requirement. I use to get board getting the 100 coin star on some levels. But these days, I usually get 120 starts each time I play through it.

The other 3D Mario games, I have yet to play any of them for a second time.

My Sale Thread - SNES and N64 added! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:34 am

I like to believe Mario 64 is the greatest game made in videogame history. The perfect transition it made into an open 3D world with the use of analogue stick all on cartridge and fast loading with no fans...it blew everything that surrounds it at the time. You really had to be there. Was it free with the system?
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:40 am

RCBH928 wrote:Was it free with the system?

Nope. The N64 had no pack-in games. I remember the N64 got it's first price reduction and still had no pack-in game. Super Mario 64 was still my first game for it though.

Was there ever a game bundle for the N64 in any region?

My Sale Thread - SNES and N64 added! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:34 am

Ziggy587 wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:Was it free with the system?

Nope. The N64 had no pack-in games. I remember the N64 got it's first price reduction and still had no pack-in game. Super Mario 64 was still my first game for it though.

Was there ever a game bundle for the N64 in any region?

Looks like PAL got this:

https://consolevariations.com/variation ... -bundle-eu

Was no Pokemon game included in the Pokemon 64s?
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:46 am

Ziggy587 wrote:Was there ever a game bundle for the N64 in any region?

Several, even a fairly limited Mario 64 one going by the site linked. Just not really one for the launch era. Instead, there was the Episode I Racer one, a couple Pokemon ones, and DK64 that I remember being more widespread.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:34 am

Oh yes, I remember the DK64 bundle now. It was green!

Return to General Gaming