Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
PresidentLeever
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by PresidentLeever Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:25 am

Doing a poll series on retro graphics over at classic gaming (gamefaqs), join us!

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/20 ... g/78946615
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:15 am

I didnt know you were also known as ubuffle
PresidentLeever
Next-Gen

by PresidentLeever Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:19 pm

I'm just a u-buffle soldier, lost on a gaming board.

UFFbulle means second hand bun, probably my third oldest nick.
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:48 pm

Thats what I get for not copy/pasting your username...
PresidentLeever
Next-Gen

by PresidentLeever Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:00 pm

I realized now that it sounded like I was doing a caps lock on UFF, but it's a swedish abbreviation for something that roughly means "help from peoples to peoples in developing countries". There used to be big boxes you could put used clothes in placed here and there but the organization was busted for economic crime.

*the more you know jingle*
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:03 pm

RCBH928 wrote:Game Sack channel on YouTube is highly underrated even at 250K. Very informative. Feels like a more modern day Computer Chronicles that future generations will use its archives to article research and essays.

I miss Dave, but I'm glad that Joe has been able to keep it going.

I watch it while I'm doing Laundry every Sunday. I've learned about so many games through them.
Note
32-bit

by Note Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:13 pm

Markies wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:Game Sack channel on YouTube is highly underrated even at 250K. Very informative. Feels like a more modern day Computer Chronicles that future generations will use its archives to article research and essays.

I miss Dave, but I'm glad that Joe has been able to keep it going.

I watch it while I'm doing Laundry every Sunday. I've learned about so many games through them.

Also a fan of the channel and agree that Joe has done a great job continuing on without his co-host. Learned a lot from that show and genuinely enjoy it.

One of the episodes I particularly liked was the one that focused on modding a consumer CRT to include RGB. That ep was pretty awesome.
marurun

by marurun Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:31 pm

I do not miss Dave. Joe has always been the primary point of appeal for me.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:07 am

I have a copy of Majora's Mask that I got years ago, I thought maybe I should play it but I heard of a 40min or so section at the end of the game that has no saves and if you fail you have to repeat it all over again. An episode on AVGN says you have a 3 hour time limit, saving takes you back in time losing rupees and bombs, no in dungeon saves, you have to wait in game for specific events to happen so you can progress... sounds more frustrating than fun?!
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:26 am

The entire game is built around that 3-day cycle. AVGN probably makes it sound horrible, because that's what AVGN does. Watch a proper review of the game before you decide to write it off or not.

I don't remember being able to save in a dungeon in any of the Zelda games I've played.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Return to General Gaming