Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by Gunstar Green Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:15 pm

I play with GZDoom as well, I consider it the best modern option, but I know a lot of people are picky about authenticity.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:17 pm

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition comes out on May 29th! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVfMySwUibQ

Tiny spoiler from the trailer:

Alvis has a core crystal now! Probably one of many Xenoblade Chronicles 2 retcons
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 pm

bmoc wrote:Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition comes out on May 29th! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVfMySwUibQ

Tiny spoiler from the trailer:

Alvis has a core crystal now! Probably one of many Xenoblade Chronicles 2 retcons

Such a gorgeous looking game, I'd love to play it in HD! Even if I only play 30 hours into and never finish it, just like I did with the Wii version LOL.

Why is this not on Amazon so I can pre-order it right now?
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:52 am

It gets on my nerves when I am having a difficulty in some game having to replay the part multiple times, then watch a speed run and the player is basically just walking by the enemies and completing the level in few minutes or less. Most recently, I noticed this with a Doom speed runner who I believe was playing on the highest difficulty.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:26 am

Ziggy587 wrote:Why is this not on Amazon so I can pre-order it right now?

Both editions were up for preorder on Best Buy yesterday. Looks like only the standard edition is available right now.
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:27 pm

RCBH928 wrote:It gets on my nerves when I am having a difficulty in some game having to replay the part multiple times, then watch a speed run and the player is basically just walking by the enemies and completing the level in few minutes or less. Most recently, I noticed this with a Doom speed runner who I believe was playing on the highest difficulty.

If it makes you feel any better those speedrunners you are watching have played those games for thousands of hours to get to that point and at one point they probably struggled just as much as you
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:54 am

pook99 wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:It gets on my nerves when I am having a difficulty in some game having to replay the part multiple times, then watch a speed run and the player is basically just walking by the enemies and completing the level in few minutes or less. Most recently, I noticed this with a Doom speed runner who I believe was playing on the highest difficulty.

If it makes you feel any better those speedrunners you are watching have played those games for thousands of hours to get to that point and at one point they probably struggled just as much as you

You are right of course. When I was younger I thought you had to kill every enemy you find, thats how you are supposed to play the game. When I grew up I was surprised to see gameplay of people just walking by enemies and ignoring them. Also platforming, I was very careful to make calculated jumps on each one. Video gameplay of other players just showed people running and basically going JUMP-JUMP----JUMP--JUMP.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:36 pm

my man projared dropped a 41 minute FFVI review; ulovetoseeit
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:47 pm

@RCBH: I play games the same way, it always annoys me when I watch lets plays and people are constantly moving and running into enemies and falling down pits, I just want to shake them and tell them to slow down a little

@BoneSnap: I gotta check that out, ProJared usually does some solid reviews
Markies
128-bit

by Markies Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:33 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:my man projared dropped a 41 minute FFVI review; ulovetoseeit

Such a good game.
Got me teary-eyed on several parts. :cry:
Return to General Gaming