BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:37 am

stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:47 am

^all they seem to mention daily on the the cinemassacre facebook group. don't keep up to much besides watching a few videos here and there. did he have nudes that got out or what? last thing i want to do is google that lol. whats the story?
Melek-Ric
32-bit

by Melek-Ric Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:18 pm

Why oh why did Jurassic Park on the SNES not have a save feature! I've been mad about this since '93.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:23 pm

Melek-Ric wrote:Why oh why did Jurassic Park on the SNES not have a save feature! I've been mad about this since '93.

My sister and I beat it when the game was new-ish. We even made graph paper maps of some of the buildings. I want to say that it took around 3 hours to do start to finish on our first and only successful run. Every once in a while, I fire the game up again just to marvel at the patience that I once had.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:34 pm

stickem wrote:last thing i want to do is google that lol.

I don't know the story because I'm in the same boat.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

by Melek-Ric Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:48 pm

bmoc wrote:
Melek-Ric wrote:Why oh why did Jurassic Park on the SNES not have a save feature! I've been mad about this since '93.

My sister and I beat it when the game was new-ish. We even made graph paper maps of some of the buildings. I want to say that it took around 3 hours to do start to finish on our first and only successful run. Every once in a while, I fire the game up again just to marvel at the patience that I once had.

Impressive. I'll beat it one day, with save-states.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:02 pm

Damn, same here! I love the way the game plays, but WTF with the no saving! I've resorted to watching a playthrough of it on YouTube lol. Maybe one day I'll attempt to beat it with save states.

edit: And hot damn, that soundtrack! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjvdF4HEWAw&t=587s

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:06 pm

Mike Matei got mad because people in TheCinemassacre subreddit were talking shit about him, because he's a massive racist and a tool. He made some extremely racist comics named El Loco Bandito. People made fun of him and said he was a small dicked racist, so he got mad and posted a dick pic to prove his dick wasn't small. He got lambasted, took the post down and became a laughing stock to an even higher degree.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
This account isn't used much anymore. You can find me on reddit and steam @ SamuraiMegas as well.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

by Melek-Ric Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:14 am

Ziggy587 wrote:Damn, same here! I love the way the game plays, but WTF with the no saving! I've resorted to watching a playthrough of it on YouTube lol. Maybe one day I'll attempt to beat it with save states.

edit: And hot damn, that soundtrack! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjvdF4HEWAw&t=587s

Maybe the publisher figured the game would sell well regardless of it's quality, so they could save some money by not including a battery in the cart. Or perhaps the devs had a hard deadline and didn't have time to include a pass-code save system. Who knows.

The game is quite impressive. God-like OST, mastered in surround sound and first person gameplay without the use of a SFX chip on the SNES.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:46 am

Melek-Ric wrote:Maybe the publisher figured the game would sell well regardless of it's quality, so they could save some money by not including a battery in the cart. Or perhaps the devs had a hard deadline and didn't have time to include a pass-code save system. Who knows.

I get the battery backed thing and saving money, but this game would be bad ass if it had save files. Imagine a file select screen which showed the progress for each save file, like how many eggs you found and which ID cards you held. I know the game can be beaten in 2-3 hours, but that's only if you know exactly where everything is. I think this game would be on people's "must play" lists if it had a save feature.

A password system would have been better than nothing, but it would definitely be one of those 20-digit alphanumeric strings that everyone hates, and we'd be here bitching about that instead.

It would be awesome if a hacker implemented a save system. For a good example, someone did this for Mega Man X3.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4086/

Melek-Ric wrote:The game is quite impressive. God-like OST, mastered in surround sound and first person gameplay without the use of a SFX chip on the SNES.

That OST is amazing! The first person indoor parts of the game were very impressive back in the day. They're still pretty neat today, but the frame rate is like single digits. It's like you're moving in slow motion.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
Return to General Gaming