Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:04 am

pierrot wrote:but it keeps softlocking during the cutscene just before the last fight of the second chapter!

This is a known problem. It occurs when the game is played by someone who hasn't finished The 7th Saga.

Seriously though, that sucks dude. At least with a memory card save you can just transfer from one console to another.

I have played a bit of the game. I recall it being more of an adventure title than a JRPG? Maybe?
marurun

by marurun Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:40 am

Just get one of those freebooter discs or whatever. Only a few PS1 games actually had protection in place.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Or just throw an MM3 mod chip in a US PS1. They're super cheap if you or a buddy can install it (fairly easy installation). You could probably even get a pre-chipped PS1 for cheaper than an import Japan PS1.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:43 pm

It's too late. pierrot just landed in Okinawa.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:24 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:It's too late. pierrot just landed in Okinawa.

Oooohhh. In that case, a Japan PS1 will be super cheap. :D
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:41 pm

What game lured you into it by aesthetics and turned to be a disappointment?
Currently original American McGee Alice, if its not for the setting and mood the game can recieve 3/10 for all I care. Terrible controls and battling.
Another was Okami, I know people liked this one but I just couldn't get into it. The art style is cool but otherwise it didn't appeal to me.

But the king of them all must be Evil Twin on the Dreamcast. Development on this game must have been stopped at 20% completion.
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:37 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
pierrot wrote:but it keeps softlocking during the cutscene just before the last fight of the second chapter!

This is a known problem. It occurs when the game is played by someone who hasn't finished The 7th Saga.

Seriously though, that sucks dude. At least with a memory card save you can just transfer from one console to another.

I have played a bit of the game. I recall it being more of an adventure title than a JRPG? Maybe?

Damn, I knew that was going to be an issue sooner or later--.

Yeah, Maboroshi Gekijou is kind of more like a Resident Evil, or Clock Tower style game, but with a more whimsical atmosphere. It's probably not at all related to the rest of the series, outside of the Arks, but I really enjoy it. It triggers some serious fun receptors in my brain. I'm hitting the withdrawal period pretty hard right now.

BoneSnapDeez wrote:It's too late. pierrot just landed in Okinawa.

:lol: As much as I love Okinawan food, and ladies with golden brown skin, I am extremely heat intolerant.

marurun wrote:Just get one of those freebooter discs or whatever. Only a few PS1 games actually had protection in place.

I didn't realize the PS1 didn't have strict region encoding built into the console. I realize this might sound kind of stupid, but I don't really like bootloader discs, just because I'm less likely to play something I have to use one for. This kind of goes along with the modchip scenario, as well, but I don't own any PS1 consoles anymore (aside from a broken PSOne that I've never really felt like bothering to repair), so if I have to buy a console, regardless, it may as well be a Japanese console.
pook99
32-bit

by pook99 Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:45 pm

RCBH928 wrote:What game lured you into it by aesthetics and turned to be a disappointment?.

There are a ton of games on steam that look like they have awesome 8/16 bit asthetics and then I buy them and they turn out to be total trash. The one that really stands out in my mind is a game called intrusion 2. The trailer made it look like an absolutely amazing contra update with bad ass bosses and a ridable wolf. What I got was a physics based shooter than controlled like ass and was slow paced and incredibly boring.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:57 pm

Disaster Report 4 is coming west, PS4 and Switch!

Still disappointed we couldn't get City Shrouded in Shadow, but oh well.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:32 pm

This will probably never happen, but I wish you could use your console as an external GPU. Just plug it to your computer with USB-C.
Return to General Gaming