Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:18 pm

Mario Golf World Tour (3DS) or True Swing Golf (NDS).

The latter is designed by the golf masters at T&E Soft. I have the retail version, but apparently, the DSiWare version slightly improves upon it. (Who knew?) You won’t go wrong with any of these.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:40 pm

Yes, for the most competent quality straightforward golf games, just go for the T&E Soft titles. True Swing Golf can still be found new for like $10.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:02 pm

Random gaming thought...the portable Mega Man games are almost as good as the console versions, but much more difficult.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:16 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Random gaming thought...the portable Mega Man games are almost as good as the console versions, but much more difficult.

That's like... 30 games? Any specifics? lol

The slowdown and monster sprites prevent me from really getting into the GB games, since I played the NES ones so much I'm just far too used to how those look, play, and feel.

The unique spaced themed Mega Man V (GB) rules though.
I also like the underrated Xtreme 1-2 games.
The Zero quadrilogy is amazing.
And ZX Advent is great, I don't think I liked the first ZX much though.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:50 pm

Sorry! I’m only talking about the original Mega Man games (e.g., Mega Man through Mega Man 6 (NES) and Mega Man: Wily’s Revenge through Mega Man V (GB)). IMO, the portable games are just as well-designed as their console counterparts, but the limited field of view and slightly less-precise controls increase the difficulty substantially.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:13 am

Did anyone notice that there's a Langrisser mobile game out now?
marurun

by marurun Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:23 am

I think I saw that there was one out. I haven't messed with it any. I finally got around to deleting all my ongoing mobile games, to attempt to reduce my stress and improve my available attention and time.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
pook99
32-bit

by pook99 Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:16 pm

For all my love of mega man I never played the original game boy games. I have played zx and advent, and recently played mega man xtreme 2, which was very good.

From my understanding 1-4 in GB are remixes of the first 5 nes games and 5 on GB is an all new game. Is that correct? If so, I will probably start with 5 and then go back and play the other 4. I also heard they are pretty tough which is good since I do tend to enjoy the harder mm games like 9 and unlimited.

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Did anyone notice that there's a Langrisser mobile game out now?

Yeah, I pre-registered but haven't played it yet. I may give it a go when I finish shining force but I am worried that since it is a mobile game it will be annoying and filled with ads and other mobile garbage. Also since warsong is my all time favorite strategy game(and prob my all time favorite genesis game) I don't want a crappy mobile experience to soil my image of the series.
strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:51 pm

Would be cool if someone was out there taking all the could've been great 16 bit games and tweaking them to be better. I'm sure that something like this has been done for a few games but I want it to be across the board.
salt_and_pepper

by salt_and_pepper Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:12 am

Random thoughts, well...
I used to not understand pixel graphics as it seemed to be not beautiful at all. Last several weeks I find more and more interesting games with pixel graphics, and you know it looks not so bad now, even charming and cute.
What are your thoughts about pixel graphics?
Return to General Gaming