Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:04 pm

The black one.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:55 pm

I have the black personally, and prefer it. I think it adds to the color palette by adding more black to match the handle.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:49 pm

I have a black GCN and GBP. I just picked up a platinum PAL GCN, specifically so I can get RGB output for the GBP, and was thinking about getting the matching platinum GBP to go with it. There's plenty of platinum GBP without disc (I wouldn't need it) from Japan for $25 shipped right now. So I was thinking about just picking one up. But now that I look at the picture comparison, I think I like it with the black GBP too.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:29 am

RGT: Are the DS and 3DS Metroid Prime games any good? From what I know of the DS game, it's basically a demo? (For what?) And I think the 3DS one is multiplayer focused? Or, does it have an enjoyable campaign you can solo?
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:40 am

noiseredux wrote:RGT: Are the DS and 3DS Metroid Prime games any good? From what I know of the DS game, it's basically a demo? (For what?) And I think the 3DS one is multiplayer focused? Or, does it have an enjoyable campaign you can solo?

The DS game is decent enough, it's not a demo, but a demo of it was bundled in with original DS consoles. If it says 'Metroid Prime Hunters' it's the full game and if it says 'Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt' its the demo. The game feels a little bit more 'FPSey' than the console Prime games and can be a bit generic sometimes, but I liked it OK.

The 3DS Prime game is a multiplayer focused spin-off that seems to be quite reviled. I've heard a few people claim it's quite good though. I've never played it. If you want Metroid on 3DS, Samus Returns is the game to get.

If you've never played it, Metroid Prime Pinball for the original DS is pretty great.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:03 pm

I'm a huge fan of Metroid II, so Returns is def on my list. I was asking about the Primes mostly because I'm curious how well DS/3DS FPS games are actually executed. There's a bunch of COD games on there as well, which is rather intriguing to me.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:30 pm

I thought the controls for Metroid Prime Hunters were quite solid honestly.

That said, hated the game. lol, and I'm someone who strongly defends Metroid Prime 2... and I like 3 a lot and 1 is the best, but I love the whole damn trilogy. Hunters is not like these whatsoever and a pretty forgettable Metroid spinoff.

Returns was incredible and on my top 10 last year, but it is quite different than the original II, which I finally beat this year with a colored hack and loved it! AM2R is absolutely essential to check out too, it's just as good as Fusion and Zero Mission, if not... maybe even better. A fan remake THAT authentic and amazing, I've beaten it twice and I don't know if I can say that for any other hack out there haha.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:04 am

RGT: Microsoft mentioned its Project Cloud plan for 2019, which will allow you to stream Xbox One games to mobile phones "and other devices." Imagine if one of those devices was the Switch? I mean that would be the most mindblowingest thing ever. Not that I for a second believe that it'll happen. But seriously, that would rule.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:07 am

noiseredux wrote:RGT: Microsoft mentioned its Project Cloud plan for 2019, which will allow you to stream Xbox One games to mobile phones "and other devices." Imagine if one of those devices was the Switch? I mean that would be the most mindblowingest thing ever. Not that I for a second believe that it'll happen. But seriously, that would rule.

Well Japan has tested streaming resident evil 7 and assassins creed odyssey on switch and it has gone very well supposedly. My experience here in the states streaming assassins creed on my pc was absolutely glowing so it is not outside the realm of possibility that this may be the future for the system.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:24 am

I imagine it's less a matter of technical feasibility and more one of licensing. Same as seeing PSNow on Switch (or Xbox for that matter) - though, in true Sony fashion, compatible devices for that have been reduced over time instead of expanded.
It makes me more inclined to expect a true streaming platform to come from a "new" contender like Amazon or Google, as they might be more likely to get their app approved :lol:
Return to General Gaming