Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 20683
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by Ack Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:48 pm

MrPopo wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Look, I get if some here on ol' RB want to stick with the 4bit systems and all,

What's wrong with enjoying prototype microprocessor-controlled pinball machines from 1974?

No, he has a point. PC gaming is pretty awesome these days. I'd hate to play Doom on a pinball machine...though I'd do it.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
MrPopo
Moderator
 
Posts: 22387
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:01 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by MrPopo Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:18 pm

Oh, I agree with you. I was just doing my best to find some sort of game that used a 4-bit microprocessor; the greater computer industry moved to 8 bit pretty quickly.
Image
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
pook99
32-bit
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by pook99 Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:22 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Amen brother! All games are amazing, past present and future, but these last few years have legitimately been the best time to play video games. There is not a single genre uncovered, any style not popular. Everything is awesome.


This reflects my thoughts on the gaming industry perfectly. Not only does this gen offer a ton of modern day masterpieces, but retro themed indies are booming and there are tons of games that play like the classics but are greatly improved in a variety of ways.
User avatar
Segata
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2403
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by Segata Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:49 pm

Well, I finally played Bloodborne. Nope never again. The frame pacing is so fucking horrible! I honestly was getting very dizzy and got a headache after a couple hours. The first time that's happened to me from a game. Hours later I still have a migraine from it. Deleted it off my PS4 and will never play again.
Image
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Image
Twitter Segata
User avatar
RCBH928
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4563
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:40 am

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by RCBH928 Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:52 am

I have been anti-nintendo ever sense they went the "casual" way with games on the Wii, but given how successful the Switch is, I might get one if they eventually get 3rd party support and retro releases like on ps3. I think I reached an age where I am too old or lazy to sit infront of a TV and play a game. If they choose to stick with their original IPs then no Switch for me. I am not interested to play 1 more Mario Kart or Mario Tennis.

You would think that huge sales will bring in 3rd party support but with the Wii it didn't happen. I mean the blockbuster titles (not shovel ware). The switch is already getting Skyrim, Dark Souls, Bayonetta 2, and Doom! I understand the Wii was a different animal but so is the Switch.

Speaking of sales, PS4 is already 75M units sold in less than 4 years. Is it possible its on the road on being the best selling console of all time?
User avatar
Segata
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2403
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by Segata Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:06 am

Wii had plenty of good games, not Shovelware. Fragile Dreams, Lost in Shadow are some of the coolest games no one played and it has a good chunk of great RPGs. I'm glad to see deblob hit PS4 as it was a great game. Wii had plenty to offer but sadly a lot of good stuff was overlooked because of the sea of shit they floated in much like early 80s Atari games.
Image
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Image
Twitter Segata
User avatar
alienjesus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 8136
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by alienjesus Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:54 am

RCBH928 wrote:I have been anti-nintendo ever sense they went the "casual" way with games on the Wii, but given how successful the Switch is, I might get one if they eventually get 3rd party support and retro releases like on ps3. I think I reached an age where I am too old or lazy to sit infront of a TV and play a game. If they choose to stick with their original IPs then no Switch for me. I am not interested to play 1 more Mario Kart or Mario Tennis.

You would think that huge sales will bring in 3rd party support but with the Wii it didn't happen. I mean the blockbuster titles (not shovel ware). The switch is already getting Skyrim, Dark Souls, Bayonetta 2, and Doom! I understand the Wii was a different animal but so is the Switch.

Speaking of sales, PS4 is already 75M units sold in less than 4 years. Is it possible its on the road on being the best selling console of all time?


Maybe try looking now, there’s plenty of 3rd party options in switch already
Image
User avatar
RCBH928
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4563
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:40 am

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by RCBH928 Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:46 pm

Segata wrote:Wii had plenty of good games, not Shovelware. Fragile Dreams, Lost in Shadow are some of the coolest games no one played and it has a good chunk of great RPGs. I'm glad to see deblob hit PS4 as it was a great game. Wii had plenty to offer but sadly a lot of good stuff was overlooked because of the sea of shit they floated in much like early 80s Atari games.


If you go hunting for them yes, I believe most consoles released had good games but you always have to compare them with the competition. The Saturn is a lot of fun if the PSX didn't exist. Unless you are into niche titles, 360/ps3 offering completely destroys the Wii's 3rd party titles.

I always felt N64 and Wii had a lot more potential. Especially the Wii.


alienjesus wrote:Maybe try looking now, there’s plenty of 3rd party options in switch already


Thats what I am thinking, it already has some options so furhter in the future if they get even more options, higher storage capacity, and maybe lower price it will be very tempting to buy. The dream would be if it could be modded to run emulations like the Wii.
User avatar
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4668
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:12 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by Gunstar Green Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:12 pm

RCBH928 wrote:The Saturn is a lot of fun if the PSX didn't exist.


I'm not following how the Playstation existing makes the Saturn not fun.
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 20683
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by Ack Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:11 pm

Gunstar Green wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:The Saturn is a lot of fun if the PSX didn't exist.


I'm not following how the Playstation existing makes the Saturn not fun.

I think he means that the Saturn would have done better and had much more interest from developers if there had been no Sony PlayStation. But I could be wrong.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests