Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:24 pm

The difference between CS:GO's loot boxes and Battlefront's is that CS:GO's stuff is purely cosmetic (IIRC) whereas Battlefront had actual content hidden behind them.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:32 am

For sometime I thought there was hardly any noticeable or worthwhile difference between PS3 and PS4 generation graphics wise. In fact I used to have a hard time telling if its a ps3 or ps4 game. After I saw the Battlefield 1... No more! Not sure if I saw it on a 4K tv or not though...

I know PS4 is the more popular console, but does the gaming community generally favor the XboxOne or PS4 GUI? The two consoles are neck to neck this seems to be the only factor of difference.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:37 pm

RCBH928 wrote:I know PS4 is the more popular console, but does the gaming community generally favor the XboxOne or PS4 GUI? The two consoles are neck to neck this seems to be the only factor of difference.

In terms of GPU strength, it's Xbox One < PS4 < PS4 Pro < Xbox One X

Most games render around 900p on Xbox One, at 1080p on PS4, around 1440p on PS4 Pro, and usually somewhere between 1800p and 2160p depending on the game on Xbox One X.

Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:24 pm

RCBH928 wrote:For sometime I thought there was hardly any noticeable or worthwhile difference between PS3 and PS4 generation graphics wise. In fact I used to have a hard time telling if its a ps3 or ps4 game. After I saw the Battlefield 1... No more! Not sure if I saw it on a 4K tv or not though...

I know PS4 is the more popular console, but does the gaming community generally favor the XboxOne or PS4 GUI? The two consoles are neck to neck this seems to be the only factor of difference.

Xbox One's UI is generally considered a mess and the worst UI of the 3 systems. I hear it's better now than it used to be but still messy.
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:19 pm

Rainway App showing Cuphead on Switch.
https://twitter.com/RainwayApp/status/9 ... 363456?t=2
Twitter Segata
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:30 am

Monolith Soft > Square Enix

Xenoblade 2 sales are doing well, already surpassed X's lifetime sales and it'll probably pass Xenoblade 1's in time.

The time is nigh to strike at these yearly rumors of a Xenosaga HD trilogy collection... for the Switch! Namco would be wise to give it a shot with the brand building of the Xeno name over the years. Maybe tweak up the gameplay a bit, give them dual audio, totally uncensored, along with some other features or the spinoff games thrown in there... would be incredible. In reading some rumors I saw someone mention that Soraya Saga (Tetsuya Takahashi's wife) is back at work possibly writing again or something too. And the concept art for their next Switch game is looking real good. It's great to see remnants of the Chrono "Dream Team" doing so well thesedays. I thought Monolith Soft being reeled into Nintendo would be their doom, glad I was wrong. While I'm loving Xenoblade 2, I really hope that Takahashi tries something more mature and ambitious again like Xenosaga in the future.

Monolith Soft feels more like the Square Soft I once knew and loved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sKp2ZdBaYI
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:23 am

Xeogred wrote:Monolith Soft > Square Enix

Xenoblade 2 sales are doing well, already surpassed X's lifetime sales and it'll probably pass Xenoblade 1's in time.

The time is nigh to strike at these yearly rumors of a Xenosaga HD trilogy collection... for the Switch! Namco would be wise to give it a shot with the brand building of the Xeno name over the years. Maybe tweak up the gameplay a bit, give them dual audio, totally uncensored, along with some other features or the spinoff games thrown in there... would be incredible. In reading some rumors I saw someone mention that Soraya Saga (Tetsuya Takahashi's wife) is back at work possibly writing again or something too. And the concept art for their next Switch game is looking real good. It's great to see remnants of the Chrono "Dream Team" doing so well thesedays. I thought Monolith Soft being reeled into Nintendo would be their doom, glad I was wrong. While I'm loving Xenoblade 2, I really hope that Takahashi tries something more mature and ambitious again like Xenosaga in the future.

Monolith Soft feels more like the Square Soft I once knew and loved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sKp2ZdBaYI

QFT!
Twitter Segata
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:59 am

The Issue with SWBF2s loot boxes also stems from the fact that the "star cards" are stat enhancements and while you can "craft" all the cards overtime there are some really harsh restrictions that mean you have to grind for ridiculous amounts of time or get really really lucky(or blow a ton of cash) to get the proper cards for the build you want. If the loot boxes actually gave you items for the classes you played it wouldn't be bad but it's all chance so more often then not you get cards for classes, hero's, or hero vehicles that you never use or have not even purchased using ingame currency yet since you need that currency to buy loot boxes for the chance to boost your stats. Also a lot of the heros content is locked and while those luckily aren't random loot box drops they are quite expensive like Darth Vader who luckily got a price reduction is still 15000 credits which would take around 40-50 games to earn straight up. Luke and Vader used to be 60,000 each so imagine playing 150-200 matches to unlock a single character :P.

If you are playing against someone with maxed out star cards you are at a decent disadvantage as they most likely have cards buffing their damage, health, or etc. For instance a maxed out AT-ST could pick 3 of the following 20% more health, 60% increased critical damage protection, 40% damage increase, 50% faster health regen, 10 second extension on enemy sensor time, and/or 40% reduction on skill cooldown times.

I have bumped into players with all purple star cards and they can wipe an unorganized team pretty easily.

That being said SWBF2 is a pretty lame duck to begin with the map design and game play just aren't all that appealing in multiplayer and I'm already starting to feel burnt out on it after 10 hours. I highly doubt there will be much of a long term population here. Honestly I think this game overall is a step down in terms of quality compared to the previous game and while I'm happy to see a single player campaign it just has a really sloppy story and the game play is pretty subpar on that end as well.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:03 am

Segata wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:For sometime I thought there was hardly any noticeable or worthwhile difference between PS3 and PS4 generation graphics wise. In fact I used to have a hard time telling if its a ps3 or ps4 game. After I saw the Battlefield 1... No more! Not sure if I saw it on a 4K tv or not though...

Xbox One's UI is generally considered a mess and the worst UI of the 3 systems. I hear it's better now than it used to be but still messy.

interesting... last gen. Xbox was the innovative one with sliders/blades UI and then with 3D slides and avatars. I really didn't like the PS XMB although its very logical and intuitive
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:30 am

I've never liked Xbox dashboards. Hated 360's (although it got better in later iterations), and I hate the Xbox One's. I actually love the PS3's and PSP's XMB and wish they had kept some version of it for Vita and PS4.

Return to General Gaming