Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by BogusMeatFactory Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:00 pm

RCBH928 wrote:So the ps3 and Xbox360 are dying faster than I thought. When do you think Sony and Microsoft will pull down the servers for updates and downloading/buying digital games?

I heard the Wii store is still on but I couldn't find Wii Points in retail for few years now.

What makes you think their digital platforms are dying? The ps4 and Xbox one have been out for 4 years now, so of course they won't be supported with tons of new titles. The ps3 still is being supported with PlayStation plus games.

Yes, you can not buy Wii points and the store will close for good very soon. Why? Two new systems have come out since then. It should shut down, it isn't covering the cost to keep it running.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:49 pm

I finally turned Botw back on after a few months because I wanted to get Rex's gear from Xenoblade 2. I got it and it's cool but it sucks and can't upgrade it. So I turned the game back off. Now if they give Link Rex's second outfit then that would be awesome. Maybe have link crossdress as Pyra lol.
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:07 pm

Never played CSgo. No desire to. What I'd like to understand is why people pay money for a loot box like a system that has a random chance to give you a new gun or skin of a gun and why that is so exciting? It sounds like the dumbest shit anyone can get excited about in a game. Then again I never understood the appeal of gambling.
Twitter Segata
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:10 pm

Segata wrote:Never played CSgo. No desire to. What I'd like to understand is why people pay money for a loot box like a system that has a random chance to give you a new gun or skin of a gun and why that is so exciting? It sounds like the dumbest shit anyone can get excited about in a game. Then again I never understood the appeal of gambling.

Some people have money to burn and enjoy the thrill of chance. I don't know how it is so hard to understand people's perspective outside of your own.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:20 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Segata wrote:Never played CSgo. No desire to. What I'd like to understand is why people pay money for a loot box like a system that has a random chance to give you a new gun or skin of a gun and why that is so exciting? It sounds like the dumbest shit anyone can get excited about in a game. Then again I never understood the appeal of gambling.

Some people have money to burn and enjoy the thrill of chance. I don't know how it is so hard to understand people's perspective outside of your own.

Because it's predatory and fuels a bad practice. We saw the whole fiasco with Battlefront II. loot boxes and gambling is something that needs to be eradicated from the industry. It's contributing to a larger problem. Gambling is inherently stupid. Not the idea of it but the practice of it. The thought of getting something rare yes, I can understand being exciting but often want and having are two very different things. Once you get it and the thrill wears off and it will. Then what? Gamble some more in hopes of another manufactured "rare" gun? It's just a vicious predatory cycle of insanity. There is a lot I do not understand about people. That's part of my mental illness. I truly don't understand humanity and it's behavior. It makes so little sense. I'm just a less approachable commander Data but the end goal is still the same. To one day hope to understand people more but along the way, I have to ask why because it's truly baffling.
Twitter Segata
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:33 pm

I'm sorry segata, you are not a super intelligent android. You may act like you don't understand humanity to create some air of superiority, but in the end, you are just as flawed as everyone else in the world... which is fine. You gotta realize that when you generalize humanity as some baffling institution, you are minimizing yourself because you are also a part of all of that. You are a human being, warts and all.

Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:39 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I'm sorry segata, you are not a super intelligent android. You may act like you don't understand humanity to create some air of superiority, but in the end, you are just as flawed as everyone else in the world... which is fine. You gotta realize that when you generalize humanity as some baffling institution, you are minimizing yourself because you are also a part of all of that. You are a human being, warts and all.

WTF? You misunderstood. I don't think I'm superior to anything. Just my mental blocks don't allow me to relate well to people nor understand them. So talking to people as ha been presented can have a bit of friction. Not selling anything short I'm just aware of my lack of understanding of people but with the therapy, it's been a slow process and understanding better and I wish to. Again it's like being color blind only socially blind. Anyway, this went off topic. Was just a random thought on loot box systems. I feel they are crap and have no business in gaming.
Twitter Segata
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:47 pm

Segata wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:I'm sorry segata, you are not a super intelligent android. You may act like you don't understand humanity to create some air of superiority, but in the end, you are just as flawed as everyone else in the world... which is fine. You gotta realize that when you generalize humanity as some baffling institution, you are minimizing yourself because you are also a part of all of that. You are a human being, warts and all.

WTF? You misunderstood. I don't think I'm superior to anything. Just my mental blocks don't allow me to relate well to people nor understand them. So talking to people as ha been presented can have a bit of friction. Not selling anything short I'm just aware of my lack of understanding of people but with the therapy, it's been a slow process and understanding better and I wish to. Again it's like being color blind only socially blind. Anyway, this went off topic. Was just a random thought on loot box systems. I feel they are crap and have no business in gaming.

Thank you for the clarification. I stand corrected!

RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am

BogusMeatFactory wrote:What makes you think their digital platforms are dying?
Yes, you can not buy Wii points and the store will close for good very soon. Why? Two new systems have come out since then. It should shut down, it isn't covering the cost to keep it running.

hmmm.... The same reason Nintendo is shutting down the Wii store very soon

I am worried if I should start downloading all my purchased games from their servers and store them on the HDD.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:53 am

RCBH928 wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:What makes you think their digital platforms are dying?

hmmm.... The same reason Nintendo is shutting down the Wii store very soon

I am worried if I should start downloading all my purchased games from their servers and store them on the HDD.

If you are worried about it then do it.

Return to General Gaming