Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by TEKTORO »

bmoc wrote:
TEKTORO wrote:XBSX is 4 consoles in 1

Sort of. OG Xbox and Xbox360 titles will be limited to what is currently backwards compatible on the Xbox One. They will likely add more eventually.

Hi Bmoc!
They recently added more BC games.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:A few years ago I was playing Mega Man 2 and ended up in some weird glitch world. I was playing on an emulator so I managed to get screenshots:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37508&start=1420#p1096867

Anyway, today I stumbled across a video showing how to trigger this. Thought it was kinda cool. Probably never would have thought about this again had I not found the video:
https://youtu.be/koTEUbNwv9w?t=391

Fascinating.

I posted my review of A Link to the Past just today, and at one point I somehow broke the game. I went into the death mountain portal into the dark world. In the middle of the transition the screen turned black, I heard a splash, and the Forest of Mystery song started playing.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

TEKTORO wrote:They recently added more BC games.

Got a source for that? As far as I know, they stopped adding backwards compatible titles around this time last year. I believe the reason was so they could focus on Xbox One backwards compatibility for the Series X.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

I read that microsoft has no plans for full backward compatibility and any OG xbox game that is not currently backward compatible will not be, I'm not sure about the 360. I dont have the link to the article but the source was directly from microsoft, I read it a while ago when I was deciding whether or not to buy an OG xbox.

Its a shame really, I would buy an XSX if it had full backward compatibility since I have a ton of xbox and 360 games
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

It's kind of weird that the fact that I've been into old video games most of my life may very well equip me with the ability to make a living off of it (running my own shop). I don't even try and I have knowledge of thousands upon thousands of prices, info on who made it, etc. Just naturally came to me with my love of gaming I guess.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Ya know, I thought that my Chaos;Child review was kinda decent... That is, until I stumbled upon this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VpFBPjU_TY
I just can't compete.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I just can't compete.

Oh my god, once she started talking about her love of Steins;Gate, I fucking lost it. Weeb-gran is a treasure, and must be protected at all costs.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Whoa! A random pierrot appears!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

Had to get tested for COVID today, I have symptoms but they are mild so I am not too worried and it is probably more likely just a normal respirotary thing, but I have to be home until the results come back so I have at least 2 days to just lay around and play video games, and I have absolutely no idea what I want to play.

I always figure something out, but I'm curious what does everyone here do when you just beat a game and have absolutely no idea what to play next?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

pook99 wrote:I always figure something out, but I'm curious what does everyone here do when you just beat a game and have absolutely no idea what to play next?

This isn't what I do, but if you have Backloggery you can use the fortune cookie feature. It'll randomly pick a game for you. You can even tell it what to pick from. Your entire collection, or just a specific console or console, and other options.