Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
pvt_awol
64-bit

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by pvt_awol »

AppleQueso wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Don't people already post random gaming thoughts in the existing Random Thoughts thread?

I was thinking this too, but I can't bring myself to care much beyond that.

Uh...

I've had Guardian Heroes sitting on my shelf but can't bring myself to actually play it becuase i'm too focused on hyping The Dark Knight Rises.

..... speaking of..... watch the trailer, you know the one.... see right there? That's Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the batsuit and not Christian Bale.....

damn you Nolan for allowing that into the trailer.
pumpkinpie65
24-bit

Post by pumpkinpie65 »

D.D.D. wrote:
pumpkinpie65 wrote:
MyNameIsVince wrote:I'm somewhat odd at video game pronunciations. .

Ys............yeah. I said it as "Wise". I say it correctly now, but I'll say it incorrectly to mess with people sometimes.

Wait... how is it actually pronounced?

Like ease, but slightly longer on the e, like eeeeese. Or the original, イース。

Wow. I hope I can eventually run into someone in real life who will be impressed when I pronounce it correctly now. thanks!
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Is there any reason that certain controllers feel better to some people than others? I personally like the feel of most retro contollers (excluding N64. Its uncomfortable for my meaty hands hard to hold the middle and right prong at the same time.) Gamecube controller, Xbox and Xbox 360 controller. However, I can't stand Playstation controllers.

Is there any reason for this, or does one just pick something and just like it?
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:Is there any reason that certain controllers feel better to some people than others? I personally like the feel of most retro contollers (excluding N64. Its uncomfortable for my meaty hands hard to hold the middle and right prong at the same time.) Gamecube controller, Xbox and Xbox 360 controller. However, I can't stand Playstation controllers.

I like most controllers, except for...

Xbox original controller - Too bulky and those egg shaped buttons simply hurt your fingers.
Gamecube controller - Weird button layout, and too friggin' small.

I like the playstation controller personally...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

elmagicochrisg wrote:
Forlorn Drifter wrote:Is there any reason that certain controllers feel better to some people than others? I personally like the feel of most retro contollers (excluding N64. Its uncomfortable for my meaty hands hard to hold the middle and right prong at the same time.) Gamecube controller, Xbox and Xbox 360 controller. However, I can't stand Playstation controllers.

I like most controllers, except for...

Xbox original controller - Too bulky and those egg shaped buttons simply hurt your fingers.
Gamecube controller - Weird button layout, and too friggin' small.

I like the playstation controller personally...

I'm asking if there's any real reason though. I concur with Gamecube being small, but the OXbox is fine for me. Love the duke.

Playstation controllers feel really boxy to me. Like I'm holding a diagonally cut carboard box or something.

elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:I'm asking if there's any real reason though.

Big hands, small hands, sensitive hands, not so sensitive hands, how you hold the controller, where you put pressure when holding the controller, what kind of games you play with it...

I guess all that translates into what controllers one likes or dislikes...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

maybe you can try the 3rd party PS2 controler with the built in fan?

airflow/airmaster, I think its called.

That one is bigger than normal. Maybe you'll like it?
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

flojocabron wrote:maybe you can try the 3rd party PS2 controler with the built in fan?

airflow/airmaster, I think its called.

That one is bigger than normal. Maybe you'll like it?

Mayflash makes a converter I want that allows 360 controller on Playstation or vice versa. Seems to be the best option.

Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Sweet giminy christmas the Old World Blues DLC for F:NV is crashtacular. I've had NV crash a few times on me, but OWB has crashed 2 of the 3 times I fast traveled back to the sink to unload loot and I just had it crash simply walking around. No combat. No VATS. No inventory. Just... walking. :|

That's 5 times in just a few hours of play between last night and the 5 minutes I've been in the game today.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Hobie-wan wrote:Sweet giminy christmas the Old World Blues DLC for F:NV is crashtacular. I've had NV crash a few times on me, but OWB has crashed 2 of the 3 times I fast traveled back to the sink to unload loot and I just had it crash simply walking around. No combat. No VATS. No inventory. Just... walking. :|

That's 5 times in just a few hours of play between last night and the 5 minutes I've been in the game today.

New Vegas had so much potential, if it wasn't so crashy....

I'm not big on Fallout, but I'll stick to 3 for now. I'm interested in the original 2, but I don't know if I could get into them.