Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by Fragems »

I'd say it's well worth it. I only dabbled with them a bit a few years back and I was mostly messing with stuff like the Space Core companion mod and etc. that you wouldn't be interested in. However there is an insane amount of content out there and I'm sure you could find just about anything you want at this point. I think the new companions, quests, and dungeons warrant picking it up for the $20 or so it usually goes on sale for.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

It entirely comes down to what you're looking for out of mods. I personally stay away from the ones that add content and focus on ones that are UI changes and some quality of life/balance improvements. Or mods that let you skip the intro sequence.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

QoL is one of the most interesting bits to me. UI isn't a huge deal, I'll be playing with a controller no matter what, so the original is fine.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Ack

Post by Ack »

I once played Oblivion with a mod that adds stray cats to the cities. Another I enjoyed in Morrowind made Cliff Racers spawn less. There is probably a mod out there just to add brewing into Skyrim. You'll have to dig through modding websites to find out. Is TES Nexus still the go to?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Well this blows, apparently Telltale is shutting down.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

noiseredux wrote:Well this blows, apparently Telltale is shutting down.

"Clementine will remember that"

Actually I'm pretty bummed about this. Say what one will about rather staid and unchanging game mechanics, Telltale has/had some of the best writers in the industry. Adding insult to injury, I'm seeing rumours today that they won't even be completing the final season of Walking Dead. I'm truly hoping it's only a rumour, but OTOH if they're in that sort of dire financial straits I guess it's hard to say.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I also agree that this stinks. Apparently, no one bought their games, and it doesn’t sound like the company was run particularly well. The end result, however, is that I will never get a second season of The Wolf Among Us. :?

Maybe someone with better business sense will buy their (aging) engine and pick up the torch...
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

My friend worked for them for a long time. In fact, he worked on the original Walking Dead game that won so many awards.

About a year or two ago, he was fired and he now works for Gearbox down in Texas.

But, when he was let go, he was telling me stories about how the company was run and it was completely mismanaged. The owner got this huge head after Walking Dead and he basically ran the company into the ground.

I'm a little surprised that they completely closed, but considering what he told me, I'm not totally shocked.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Seems like TT employees got completely rooked on severance too, what a bummer.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

I really wish I had more space to set up my older stuff. I mostly just play my PS3, PC and Vita as everything else is packed up.